Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

WHO ARE THE BEST 12U TEAMS IN THE OC, LA , SF , SB, RS, CALI

by Clean_up » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:54 am

scorkep wrote:I just want to add that some people put a lot into Friendlys. I think you can ask different coaches and they all may have a different answer as to why they play friendlys.
Some play just to win!
Some play to work on things for the summer, to see new players they have picked up, etc etc
Also some teams at this point bat everyone (14 batters) and some like we have seen at this point in the year do not have a full team yet and bat 10. We even had to lend a team a player so they could play us. What I am trying to say is that scores just don't always show who maybe the stronger team at this point. So guess I have to agree that it is early in the season to really know. BUT on the other hand, I am sure we all agree that at this point there are some stronger teams. But are they really 1, 2, 3, at this point?

As far as playing up in a friendly? Not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing. I will have to say that some of the pitching we saw Saturday in 12's, look stronger then the 14u that were playing. (not trying to start a fight here) Just is it better to play strong 12 team, or weaker 14 to say you beat a 14 team?? Just a thought!

I agree completely, way too early and although Friendlies can give you a general idea of the team's overall calibur, unless you watch all games, which pitcher is thrown to what team, etc. you really can't say based upon the scores. As far as playing up a division, I don't think the 12U teams playing up are doing so to just "say they beat a 14 team", they are hoping for a challenge to raise the team's overall level of play and figure the best way is to play up. On Saturday, there were a couple "okay" pitchers in 14s, but also some just "okay" pitchers in 12's as well...
Clean_up

by gonefishing » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:59 pm

[b]
I WAS EMAILED THIS .
TOURNAMENT IN LAS VEGAS .
SEPTEMBER 20-21
http://lvtourneys.com/FallClassic/brackets/12U.jpg :ugeek: :ugeek:

SO CAL JYNX WON THIS TOURNAMENT. THEY ONLY PLAYED WITH 9 GIRLS. VERY IMPRESSIVE.

There was another local team from California, Revenge. From the looks of this, The Las Vegas Rage , lil Rebels, Dynasty, Shockers were also in this tournament. Are there any more teams who have attended any tournaments ?
:ugeek: :ugeek:

PLEASE POST RESULTS & LINKS .
gonefishing

by softballmom27 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:15 pm

I think it is too early to make that judgement call. Let's wait until after January when everybody
makes all the changes and see which teams have imploded due to ego of coaches and players parents. No names will be mentioned!
:roll:
softballmom27

Previous

Return to CA