Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Gold teams in Vegas

by sorcererfan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:47 pm

DHB....... Please re-read my post. I wrote the Sorcerer is not the team to beat.

I am not sure they are the team to beat. Gary, Tony and Marty will have a thing to say about that. If Phil can hold this core group together he should have a bright future. Lots of 09 and 10s on this team. Tammy (Cal) was at last weekends games a she had a big smile on her face.

I arrived in Vegas at about 9:00 AM and it was not that hot. Then it was TOO HOT. I agree with one of the post above. Why have committed players even go to Veags. Waist of time. Phil batted 16 all weekend. Most kids got about seven at bats. I know I spent about 1,500.00 bucks. That's like 220 an at bat.

Lots of scouts there. Showcase the kids who need to get showcased. Phil went with the same line up all weekend. Most other teams were batting nine or ten. Not because they were concerned about winning. They wanted to show the college scouts a player bat 2-3 times.

Not sure why any team needs 19 players.

Looking forward to this weekend. Flying out Friday morning and making the drive over. Bringing the laptop. Should be a very good softball weekend. I hope Phil can make it to finals of the winner's bracket. How many commited pac ten players will be on the field when/if they meet? I count 12. Hope it happens.
sorcererfan

by DHBHitting » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:47 pm

Hey Sorcerer fan! That is a very interesting stat and I never thought of it like that, but I guess for the kids who where committed that is how their parents looked at it. I love watching my kid play, but I dont know if I love it that much, 220.00 an at bat is quite expensive.

I kind of thought that Phil would have sent a team to Barber to play agaisnt the other committed kids, would have been nice to see what would have happened and how they would have did if he had.

Good luck this weekend Sorcerer fan, go get em!
DHBHitting

Previous

Return to CA