Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

NOR CAL GOLD TEAMS

by DHBHitting » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:52 am

Hey DHB I watched the sorcerers all day saturday. They played a little more fired up than what I saw last weekend. They looked good. Arioto does help them out quite a bit. Coaches were a little bit more calmer this weekend than usuall. I would say they could use a little more power. Kekehena would be the final link. I will still stick to them needing pitching. Arioto who is helping Mumma for qualifiers but will not play in OKC.

Response: Hey MIH! Yep Arioto helps them as she would anybody, Val is a very good player who brings a tremendous amount to the table, and a great kid, she will be an All American next year coming out of the PAC 10 no doubt about that. As for the Coaches being calmer didn’t really notice, but they had no reason to be up in arms about anything they where smashing people. Arioto not playing in OKC would be a big blow for them, but I heard she was, oh well, if they can make it, and she does not play, that will be a big loss. More power? Geesh MIH, how much more power do you want? If you look at em as a team they have hit like 12 jacks in three weekends, and we are not even talking about how many doubles have been generated from that line up. Naw, I have to disagree with you there, they have enough power, in my opinion bringing in another power hitter does not address an immediate need as far as I can see.

[quoteAs for the comment about the Robbins kid, yes, I thought the comment about Sanoe not being able to either out hit or out defense Robbins was a bit much, being that Sanoe just started nearly every game and hit .295 or something like that in the toughest conference in the country for a top 20 program thank you very much, but hey everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. Sanoe is a tremendous player, and I have to believe if she wanted to come play for Sorcerer Mumma would have to seriously consider working her in to the mix somewhere. She brings a huge bat to any line up, and contrary to what has been written on this board is a fairly decent defensive ball player, no it is not her specialty and I know she is working on it, but she can play, you don’t start for CAL as a freshman and hit .295 and not be able to play. Now is Robbins better, hell I don’t know, not going there, will say this, Robbins has verballed to CAL as a sophomore in her own right. Look both kids can play, they are both CAL girls, lets leave it at that. I will say this, if Sanoe wanted to come play, I can’t see Mumma saying No, I tell you that.
][/quote]

Kekehena led Cal all season in hitting until the playoffs dropped her avg to .299 but was still one of the top HR and RBI players on the team. Robben kid now can not duplicate those numbers of a 19 yo ... JUst because Decker and Robben committed as sophomores to Cal does not carry them much weight as being a better ball player than other kids across the country. Look at Gascione. She was the first sophomore last year to verbal in the country ..is she the best pitcher now?

Response: Again I will some what disagree with you there MIH. Sanoe is a power hitter, so I believe that comparing her to Robbins who is a power/slap kind of hitter is like comparing apples and oranges. Robbins runs well and gets down the line from the left side pretty good so her role as far as I can tell is to get on base in front of those big bats. Just as Deckers role seems to be the same thing, again, if you have too many power hitters and not enough contact hitters it does not work as someone has to be on to be driven in. I also think that comparing Sanoe to Robbins or Decker is extremely unfair to all involved because they are not the same kind of players, neither of them could do what the other does on the level that they do it on because it is not what they do, if that makes any sense. Sanoe is a special player, no doubt, and would help anyone she would go to, just not sure she fits with the Sorcerer, but hey obviously not my call, and I could be wrong. Much love to Sanoe, and good luck in what ever she decides to do this summer!
DHBHitting

by MIH » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:16 am

DHB,

I only re visited that subject because of sorcerfan's comment about Robben kid better hitter than Sanoe.

Arioto will be in Summer school but could join team later in the week at nationals if they are still alive.

Hey DHB, I did Speak with a sting parent this morning. I guess what was told to me that Perales had only 9 players for the trip and had to borrow players from Sting Fano's team which he only brought like 12 or 13 players. I guess they both got their butts kicked Saturday but Perales team did very good yesterday...I couldn't find any scores on the surf city website or who they played. Have you heard anything?
MIH

by DHBHitting » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:21 pm

DHB,

I only re visited that subject because of sorcerfan's comment about Robben kid better hitter than Sanoe.

Response: I hear ya, no worries.

Arioto will be in Summer school but could join team later in the week at nationals if they are still alive.

Response: Well that will hurt if she is not there that is for sure, Arioto makes em better for sure.

Hey DHB, I did Speak with a sting parent this morning. I guess what was told to me that Perales had only 9 players for the trip and had to borrow players from Sting Fano's team which he only brought like 12 or 13 players. I guess they both got their butts kicked Saturday but Perales team did very good yesterday...I couldn't find any scores on the surf city website or who they played. Have you heard anything?

Response: I heard basically the same thing, some folks around the park at Louis where just making it seem like they got smoked so that is what I heard at first is that they just got hammered, but after doing some digging just as you did I have learned that was not exactly the case. I heard the same thing that they combined with Fano to make a team for Saturday and that is no way to play Hanning so obviously that wasn’t going to go well. So I heard the Sting did not play well that Saturday, they made a few errors behind Kelani and the Batbusters scored 3 or 4 runs off her. I heard the Sting showed allot better on Sunday once Perales got his players in, they hit the ball and ran the bases very well which is what a Sting team does. That Sting team basically finished 7th last year at Nationals so when they are at full strength and Kelani is on the hill that club is tops in the country, they will have a very good chance to qualify in Lancaster.
DHBHitting

by wadeintothem » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:22 pm

Well I was only at Louis for sunday and was PU for only one sorcerer game which was Sorcerers vs WB Nuggets.. which seemed like it was going to be a good game.. but was pretty lopsided.

Val struck out her HS catcher of 3 years who is playing for the nuggets and should know her stuff.. Nugget coach in jest asked for IP to be called since no one could hit the pitches (or something like that).

The whole crowd would laugh when some wayward batter flailed away at those pitches... knowing it just isnt possible to hit that. Kind of like the bugs bunny cartoon when they swing 3 times at the same pitch strike 1, 2, 3, out.

Was very fun to be working with top level pitching again. I'm glad I wear a mask.. sometimes crazy movement makes me smile pretty big. Its just plain good stuff.

You know a girl can throw when the batter is leaving the box before I've made my 3K call, and that happened a few times.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by GoldTBfan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:52 pm

I guess we'll find out in the next couple of weeks who the top teams are; so far Sorcerer-Mumma is in.

Who will join them? Shockers looked ok but had a tough draw. Grapettes also looked pretty good. Sting-Fano, Strike Zone, Sorcerer - Pete, we'll see. What happened to Sting-Perales, I thought they were supposed to be the #1 team? Maybe, someone else will emerge.
GoldTBfan

by Demonboy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:41 pm

GoldTBfan wrote:I guess we'll find out in the next couple of weeks who the top teams are; so far Sorcerer-Mumma is in.

Who will join them? Shockers looked ok but had a tough draw. Grapettes also looked pretty good. Sting-Fano, Strike Zone, Sorcerer - Pete, we'll see. What happened to Sting-Perales, I thought they were supposed to be the #1 team? Maybe, someone else will emerge.

Until, in their excitement at advancing to the berth game, a few Grapettes dads got carried away and started calling out the Batbusters. Yeah that went well. :lol:
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by GoldTBfan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:55 pm

Until, in their excitement at advancing to the berth game, a few Grapettes dads got carried away and started calling out the Batbusters. Yeah that went well.

Well, that doesn't seem very smart!
GoldTBfan

by homieboy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:07 pm

some people can't recognize a good draw when they get one, but I really doubt the grape fans are so dumb as to mouth off to the Busters.

the Sorc fans think they had a tough bracket just because three teams qualified. big deal. I say any team who only had to see one of the Firecrackers, Busters, Cruisers or Angels had a decent draw. Those were the best four teams in my opinion (what's new?). If you want to talk tough draw, the Angels were knocked out by the Crackers and the Busters. now that's a bad draw. The Sorc have a good young team and they played well and beat some pretty good teams. I think they might be a bit too young to get anything done at nationals, but we'll see.

Sting-Perales laid a big fat egg in Lancaster. They had a good draw, but then went and lost to the Breakers and Sting 2. On paper they may be the only other nor-cal team strong enough to qualify this year, but they need to get it together, and soon. this weekend would be a good time ... save themselves a trip up north.

Haven't seen AASA, but am not impressed with the Grapes, Shockers, Sharks or Strikkers. One sleeper team who might have a chance is the Wildcats from Salinas.
homieboy

by homieboy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:53 pm

well I guess Ill take it back. Either AASA or the Grapes are gettin in, and the Sharks are banging on the door. All the top norcal teams are still alive going in to Sunday. I'm looking for Sting-P to make a run out of the losers bracket after a tough loss to the Angels.
homieboy

by GoldTBfan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:24 am

Sting-P will have to play with more passion then yesterday; they have a tough road through the loser's bracket, some pretty tough teams will be dropping into their side of the bracket.

I saw Sorcerer-Pete's game yesterday; played as if they didn't want to be there, now their not.

Grapettes / AASA winner is in - the loser drops into a good spot, both could get in.

Maybe no one is watching but RR- Regpala is having a nice run after a tough opening loss to the Lady Hawks.

It will be fun this afternoon.
GoldTBfan

PreviousNext

Return to CA