Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

So Cal states final 8 pick em

by artomatic » Tue May 27, 2008 10:18 pm

DiamondDad wrote:I must have misread the topic. I thought this was the final 8 coming out of the winner's bracket. I didn't say this would be the order of finish for the tournament. I was reading the brackets and thought Franchise had a pretty good chance with the teams they could possibly face.

I knew AH was not here at the tourny so I did not put them down. As far as Nemesis, I know they have some tough competition in their bracket and I think the AA's will give them a good game. JMHO.

Thanks for the lesson. :D

you didnt misread it, you understood it.
you are correct, its based on the brackets, and you are fine...
now others seem to have misunderstood...

oh man, religon...nice one 3b...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DiamondDad » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:48 pm

Hey Bucket,

Looks like you are batting .500. You got four of the top eight.

Looks like Nemesis '95 and AA's 95 did a great job working through the bottom bracket. Nemesis played 5 games on the final day and the AA's played six. That's a lot of softball. What a great job by both teams!

Any big surprises you saw this weekend :?:
DiamondDad

by jed23 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:22 pm

Hey Bucket actually got 6 out 8

Angels-1st
Impact-2nd
American Athletics-4th
Firecrackers-5th
Bomb Squad-5th
TNL-7th

missed out on Nemesis Elite-3rd and Mizuno Pride-7th
jed23

by artomatic » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:46 pm

DiamondDad wrote:Any big surprises you saw this weekend :?:

I wouldnt call it a surprise because I've watched this team get better every time we have played them this year:
Nice work Ken and the Firecrackers.
You guys all did great!
5th place and a regional berth!
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Clean_up » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:01 pm

Just curious, but who did the Firecrackers actually beat who was a top or even middle-ranked team? Seems to me that was 100% luck of the draw and when actually faced with a solid team, well....

How about the CA'96 holding OC Impact to only 2 runs in 6 innings Friday night -- now that was a well-played game inspite of the umpires. :mrgreen:

Also, how many of the so-called '96 teams are actually '96 teams? Some of these younger teams could bring a few '95 bats on their teams and walk around saying they are '96, but don't. You have to give some of these true '96 teams a little bit of credit for stepping up and giving these older and mixed teams some trouble.
Clean_up

by DiamondDad » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:02 am

looks like the Firecrackers beat Franchise and Batbusters. Two good caliber teams. I guess the Angels would have done a better job if they had the Firecrackers draw. Give the team some credit because the girls deserve it.

That was a great game by the Angels. That would have been a huge upset. Too bad they didn't pull it off.
DiamondDad

by Clean_up » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:46 am

You're right, Franchise and Batbusters are both good -- I was looking at the first couple of games. They worked hard to beat these two teams.... :oops:
Clean_up

by redzone » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:14 am

The Firecrackers played great.

Two of their victories -- against Franchise and Batbusters -- came against top 10 teams in this tournament.

The Firecrackers' two losses -- against OC Impact and Nemesis Elite -- came against the teams that finished second and third in the tournament.

And remember, the Firecrackers finished 13th in Fresno.
redzone

by uno tres » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:21 pm

Clean_up wrote:Just curious, but who did the Firecrackers actually beat who was a top or even middle-ranked team? Seems to me that was 100% luck of the draw and when actually faced with a solid team, well....

How about the CA'96 holding OC Impact to only 2 runs in 6 innings Friday night -- now that was a well-played game inspite of the umpires. :mrgreen:

Also, how many of the so-called '96 teams are actually '96 teams? Some of these younger teams could bring a few '95 bats on their teams and walk around saying they are '96, but don't. You have to give some of these true '96 teams a little bit of credit for stepping up and giving these older and mixed teams some trouble.

..bottom line is that the girls from the Firecrackers deserve their props for still being alive on Sunday afternoon, regardless of the draw. The simple fact that they won 3 in a row says a lot when you consider that it was nothing but the best out there this weekend.
.."now go get your F'n shine box!!!"...
uno tres

Previous

Return to CA