Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Can we get a new So Cal top 10 (12U)?

by cazzy » Thu May 01, 2008 1:12 pm

NumeroUno wrote:What I have seen Anderson Heat has the #1 pitcher in 12's right now.
Corona has great pitching, so does OC Impact and Minors Gold has a #1 that will soon turn heads.

Back To Anderson Heat:
I can't mention her name unless I get permission from pop

At the FF Classic
She pitched 8-0 shutout against the dirt dogs.

She pitched 8 innings vs impact, 7 shut out innings

pitched 6-0 shutout against grapettes( suppose to be Nor Cals best)

In the quarterfinal, She came in to relieve their other great pitcher with two on no outs vs franchise and got them out of it.

She pitched 5 shutout innings against OC Impact in semis, after already pitching 2 1/2 games

I was told on Saturday that she had hurt her ankle and was limping but the truth was she had 2 huge blisters on both heels due to new shoes she wore to school.

This kid has all the makings of a HEYBUCKET MONSTER but dad says no, it is all about the entire team...

I'm sure their are a few other kids that could of had a monster weekend in Fresno, send me a story let me know what they did, I will post it. Girls that work hard and have Monster Weekends deserve a little ink.

Ive known that pitcher for years and shes tremendous. A good pitcher, hitter and a good kid. A monster player yes but more importantly a good teammate.
"Nothing will work unless you do." John Wooden
cazzy
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Elatomico » Thu May 01, 2008 1:13 pm

I somewhat agree with the post.

I saw the Franchise v. BS95 game, and though i think BS should have been able to beat them, Franchise seemed to have control toward the later part of the game. Though not a top 10 team, Franchise is beginning to put it together. BS 95 is a fairly new team and you have to give them credit for the talent they were able to put together.
Jynx is a 96 team that can compete, but as a new travel ball team in a new division, you cannot expect them to go to Fresno and place top 10. They will have their opportunity next year, and i'm sure that is their goal.
Nemesis, I was surprised to see them loose twice in such a manner. Nothing against TNL, but a good team should not allow anyone to put 11 on the board against them. Specially in a tournament. I saw the beginning of the Nemesis v Impact game and after the Impact lead off put the ball in goodbye land on the second pitch of the game, Nemesis gave it up. Not sure if they were tired, but it seemed like game was over for them. The bad thing is that a team like impact will drill you into the floor if you allow them. The final score said it all.
I like Felix, i think he has great coaching skills, but I expected to see more of a fight from his girls in both losses.
As for pitching. I'd have to say that in 12U there are definately a great group of girls that any team would love to have. Just look at some of the scores. Impact pitching allowed only 2 runs the entire torunament. Corona and Anderson Heat pitching was on fire as well. BS95 has a 96 pitcher that brings it. I can go on forever, AA's, TNL, MG, ... All have solid pitching. You cannot count any team out at States.
Elatomico

by Skarp » Thu May 01, 2008 2:13 pm

Fine...they're mediocre at best. But can we all at least agree that they have the best website music?
http://www.eteamz.com/OCImpact95/
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by uno tres » Thu May 01, 2008 2:18 pm

Skarp wrote:Fine...they're mediocre at best. But can we all at least agree that they have the best website music?

Ahhh Sh*t!!!!...No speakers here at work!!! Let me guess....Strictly Business by EPMD??...or the tune from the Andy Griffith Show???...
.."now go get your F'n shine box!!!"...
uno tres

by Skarp » Thu May 01, 2008 2:30 pm

uno tres wrote:
Skarp wrote:Fine...they're mediocre at best. But can we all at least agree that they have the best website music?

Ahhh Sh*t!!!!...No speakers here at work!!! Let me guess....Strictly Business by EPMD??...or the tune from the Andy Griffith Show???...

Motorhead - Time to Play the Game

So no reflection on you or anything (cuz there's no accounting for taste), but I gave EMPD a listen and...well...if that represents the pinnacle you should really think about branching out a little. All the dogs within a 1/2 mile radius were howling like crazy.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by uno tres » Thu May 01, 2008 2:48 pm

...definitely NOT the pinnacle (ok...maybe when I was 16)..but it does bring back some good memories. These days my CD case has everything from AC/DC and Led Zeppelin..to EZ-E and Game. I mix it up a lot now and encourage my kids to do the same...
.."now go get your F'n shine box!!!"...
uno tres

by Elatomico » Thu May 01, 2008 8:18 pm

Spazsdad wrote:"Impact pitching allowed only 2 runs the entire torunament."

And defense. I don't care how good you are someone is going to put the ball in play.

Agreed! Never count out the defense. Strong defense will give the pitcher that confidence she needs if the ball gets put in play. Not good when it's all on the pitchers shoulders. I'm sure we can all agree that the mentioned "top ten" have great pitching, great defense, and strong offenses.

Skarp - Way to touch on the website, i hadn't seen it and now I can't get enough of it! :P
Elatomico

by BornUltimatum » Fri May 02, 2008 7:58 am

O.C Impact medicore? What time did your team leave on Sunday? The top three finishers were far from medicore.
BornUltimatum

by starbound » Fri May 02, 2008 8:08 am

BornUltimatum wrote:O.C Impact medicore? What time did your team leave on Sunday? The top three finishers were far from medicore.

BU, I have never seen you post on here before so I will give you some advice, don't take things that people say on here to serious. Skarp is a joker and he says things just to get people going. He is no dummy and he knows those are all good teams. enjoy
starbound

by SSdad » Fri May 02, 2008 8:11 am

BornUltimatum wrote:O.C Impact medicore? What time did your team leave on Sunday? The top three finishers were far from medicore.

Um. How do I put this.....

You've been ..................Skarp'ed
(to the tune of ac/dc "Thunderstruck")
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

PreviousNext

Return to CA