Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Fresno Force Tourney Pick Em. 12U

by Skarp » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:30 pm

qwikvr6 wrote:But if you ask someone strait up, "Are you not letting me in because of the color of my skin?”, and the person answers "That is exactly why, now go away!" Then that leaves no doubt.

Right. Sounds perfectly plausible.

So since the secret's out of the bag, let me fill in the rest of the story for you. We white guys have secret handshakes, winks, etc., that we use to signal each other. Whenever you're around us, rest assured that we're "talking" about you, and what we're saying isn't nice.

And of course we give each other special treatment and opportunities that we withhold from everyone else. We are so good at it in fact--and have been husbanding our social advantage so well and for so long that...we have to get up and go to our crappy jobs just like everyone else!!

Hate to break it to you, but you're the racist. You should check out this guy's church...you'll fit right in.

Jeremiah Wright.jpg
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:09 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Maybe next year the tournament will be boycotted by the Rainbow Coalition.

lol...we can only hope.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by thatguy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:44 pm

qwikvr6 wrote:It happened at the Ashland Street Entrance. I was not there, but he is a parent on our team. He is a good guy with many years of club ball experience. I have much respect for him. He does not need to make something like that up at 8:30am on a Sunday. But if you ask someone strait up, "Are you not letting me in because of the color of my skin?”, and the person answers "That is exactly why, now go away!" Then that leaves no doubt. That place was no comparison to Cathedral City. They don't even charge to park. Their cover is only 2 bucks. It's not about money. I'm not made of money, but I care enough about my kid to give her this privilege that I never received from my parents. These kids work hard 4-6 days a week on their game, only to have some idiot make totally mindless calls over and over again. We spent 20 minutes during one game waiting for the umps to call the officials because they did not know what to do. That's not good officiating.

Thanks for clarifying that.....I'm glad I chose the "more accommodating" entrance on Leonard instead. Someone told me to avoid the Ashlan entrance and now I know why. Are you freaking kidding me? Did you guys play short handed on Sunday since said parent was asked to go away...maybe that explains your early exit.

I'm not sure the last time you frequented a BLD, but you are right they do not charge you to park, instead they charge every adult $3, and each player $1 to get in.....Mom, Dad and player....$7. Sure you get a token worth a $1 in the snack bar, so you can pay for the overpriced drinks/food you can't bring in. Suddenly, $5 to park and having a full ice chest doesn't seem so bad.

The way I look at it, if your DD's team is working 4-6 days a week, they should be good enough to win games despite a couple of "mindless" calls, why leave it in the hands of the umpire. Feel free to add it up, but regardless of a couple of "mindless" calls, your blues make more right than wrong. By the way, the next time a call goes your way, feel free to stop by this board and just say "thank you". Let me guess they didn't add those 20 minutes back on either.
Last edited by thatguy on Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thatguy

by Vegasdad » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:26 pm

We went in the Leonard entrance, asked the gal taking money where our field was and she said, "it is over there, if you park in that lot by the field we are not charging for that area and then later on if you move to other fields you can park over here." Pretty nice I thought. Saved me five bucks that I eventually spent at the snack shack. Not sure what color I needed to be to get in the high dollar lot, she never told me.
Vegasdad

by artomatic » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:07 pm

reminds me of this old snl eddie murphy sketch "Mr White"...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Intel » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:02 pm

I have stayed outside this discussion, but I need to respond.

1. We did not have an entrance on Ashlan Avenue
2. Only Buchanan High School did not allow ice chest and this is a rule of CUSD not the Force.
3. Their are two reasons we charge parking at Clovis East. 1) To help offset the cost of the two Janitors, One Field Maintenance person required by CUSD and 2) to keep all the AAU basketball players and their families from parking by the softball fields instead of by the gym.
4. And the main reason to reply is that the young ladies taking the parking fees are from my 16U team and none of these ladies would ever treat anyone with anything but the up most respect to include those previous AAU players that tried to run them over.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by wadeintothem » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:48 pm

qwikvr6 wrote:It happened at the Ashland Street Entrance. I was not there, but he is a parent on our team. He is a good guy with many years of club ball experience. I have much respect for him. He does not need to make something like that up at 8:30am on a Sunday. But if you ask someone strait up, "Are you not letting me in because of the color of my skin?”, and the person answers "That is exactly why, now go away!" Then that leaves no doubt. That place was no comparison to Cathedral City. They don't even charge to park. Their cover is only 2 bucks. It's not about money. I'm not made of money, but I care enough about my kid to give her this privilege that I never received from my parents. These kids work hard 4-6 days a week on their game, only to have some idiot make totally mindless calls over and over again. We spent 20 minutes during one game waiting for the umps to call the officials because they did not know what to do. That's not good officiating.

The only wait for 20 mins I know of was for a protest on Field CE3. The wait was for the UIC to get notified and head down there from the umpire. The UIC then made correct call. After the game, Me, the UIC and a few other umpires insured the issue was fully understood by the umpire in question and every other umpire working there. So, yes, sh$!t happens.. The incorrect call was made on the field, the team rightfully protested, and it was made right by the UIC. That field is not close and that stuff takes time. MANY tournaments do not provide a paid UIC there to make sure this is immediately available to the teams. Usually there is a site coordinator who is off working games and 1 UIC roaming several different fields miles apart. Fresno force puts one at every site.

You are plain full of crap about those girls saying that stuff to some guy. Even if it did happen, why some loser schmuck would say to some little kids "you are not letting me because of my skin" is beyond me and is absurd. The answer should have been "we are not letting you in because you are too stupid."

I would give my standard statement of "You know we need people who know the rules to be umpires to join up", but I'm thinking, no... just sit there in your idiocy and stay away.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by Cookie » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:52 am

I don't care when I see people come on here throwing a couple jabs and stirring the pot but qwikvr6 you are a liar. Go back to the e-teamz graveyard we don't want your kind here.
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by Ritalin » Fri May 02, 2008 10:41 am

So who won the "Pick Em"?

I had 4 of the top 6, and was only off the final score by 1 point. Can anyone top that?
Ritalin

Previous

Return to CA