Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Fresno Force Tourney Pick Em. 12U

by Skarp » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:05 pm

qwikvr6 wrote: I could go on and on about the way some people were treated at the gates on Sunday because of the color of their skin. I guess that normal in Clovis, CA.

That has to be the single most ridiculous thing ever written on Heybucket.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:59 pm

qwikvr6 wrote:They should change the name next year to Fresno Farce. The officiating was horrible. The parking and entrance fees were ridiculous, and I could go on and on about the way some people were treated at the gates on Sunday because of the color of their skin. I guess that normal in Clovis, CA. I'll just say I'm glad to be home. It drives me nuts when I have to drive hundreds of miles to play against teams from our area. By the way I was wrong about my predictions, I hate eating crow but it's true. The girls did not eat their Wheaties Sunday Morning. :oops:

Oh, woe is me! Sounds like your DD's team had a rough weekend. And no matter, your post is pathetic and you should do yourself a favor and delete the whole thing. What a load of point-by-point crap!!

The umps? They work hard, calls go both ways, they might not be right all the time but they try. They aren't biased, they aren't out there cheating. OCI, AH, CA and the others got as far as they got because they deserved it, not because of the umpires.

Ridiculous fees? What are you, new to TB? It costs, then it costs, then it costs some more. If you can't handle it without whining, go play rec ball.

Normal in Clovis? Did the police pull you over every time you got in your car? Did any restaurants refuse to serve you? Was your hotel room in the basement? You want to play a race card because you couldn't take in your cooler? Nobody else could either, except those clever enough to plan ahead and sneaky enough to pull it off. Give us all a break from your 'color' nonsense!

Driving hundreds of miles? To play teams in your area? God help you if you qualify for nationals and have to fly to Alabama! Who do you think you're going to see there? Corona, Anderson, Impact, etc. Welcome to TB!

Fresno Farce? Please. This tournament has been universally lauded, until you came along. We all owe Intel, his family, and the entire Fresno Force organization a HUGE THANK YOU for the time and effort they put into bringing together the best teams for a great tournament and an awesome lead up to States next month. And if they made a few bucks to better their organization, good on them!

I can only guess that this was your first big tournament, and if so, you should do yourself a favor and put in some time in TB before airing your (delusional) petty grievances.

And here's an idea for next year... DON'T GO!!

There's a reason this tournament is so well attended by virtually all the top teams, year after year after year. Someday, maybe, you'll know enough about TB to understand, but you have a lot of learning to do. Until then, spare us your whining.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Nzane » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:26 pm

Intel, THANKS FOR A GREAT TOURNEY!!!
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by wadeintothem » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:59 pm

Skarp wrote:
qwikvr6 wrote: I could go on and on about the way some people were treated at the gates on Sunday because of the color of their skin. I guess that normal in Clovis, CA.

That has to be the single most ridiculous thing ever written on Heybucket.

And thats pretty tough to do....

Umpires may be dumb, but we park for free. ;)
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by thatguy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:12 pm

anonlooker wrote:
qwikvr6 wrote:They should change the name next year to Fresno Farce. The officiating was horrible. The parking and entrance fees were ridiculous, and I could go on and on about the way some people were treated at the gates on Sunday because of the color of their skin. I guess that normal in Clovis, CA. I'll just say I'm glad to be home. It drives me nuts when I have to drive hundreds of miles to play against teams from our area. By the way I was wrong about my predictions, I hate eating crow but it's true. The girls did not eat their Wheaties Sunday Morning. :oops:

Oh, woe is me! Sounds like your DD's team had a rough weekend. And no matter, your post is pathetic and you should do yourself a favor and delete the whole thing. What a load of point-by-point crap!!

The umps? They work hard, calls go both ways, they might not be right all the time but they try. They aren't biased, they aren't out there cheating. OCI, AH, CA and the others got as far as they got because they deserved it, not because of the umpires.

Ridiculous fees? What are you, new to TB? It costs, then it costs, then it costs some more. If you can't handle it without whining, go play rec ball.

Normal in Clovis? Did the police pull you over every time you got in your car? Did any restaurants refuse to serve you? Was your hotel room in the basement? You want to play a race card because you couldn't take in your cooler? Nobody else could either, except those clever enough to plan ahead and sneaky enough to pull it off. Give us all a break from your 'color' nonsense!

Driving hundreds of miles? To play teams in your area? God help you if you qualify for nationals and have to fly to Alabama! Who do you think you're going to see there? Corona, Anderson, Impact, etc. Welcome to TB!

Fresno Farce? Please. This tournament has been universally lauded, until you came along. We all owe Intel, his family, and the entire Fresno Force organization a HUGE THANK YOU for the time and effort they put into bringing together the best teams for a great tournament and an awesome lead up to States next month. And if they made a few bucks to better their organization, good on them!

I can only guess that this was your first big tournament, and if so, you should do yourself a favor and put in some time in TB before airing your (delusional) petty grievances.

And here's an idea for next year... DON'T GO!!

There's a reason this tournament is so well attended by virtually all the top teams, year after year after year. Someday, maybe, you'll know enough about TB to understand, but you have a lot of learning to do. Until then, spare us your whining.

This is unbelievable "Qwik", but I think you forgot to mention the price of gas, the smell and the lack of hot water in your hotel.....please save it. That is a ridiculous post and thanks "onlooker" for a spot on response. I would only add...

Blues are right more often than they are wrong in any game.

$3-$5 per day for two days is nothing, try watching your kid play every Saturday at Big League Dreams....that's $7 a week and worth every penny.

I won't even comment on your Clovis remark.....I'm sure the young ladies from FF did not give a s**t what color your skin was, besides they were only worried about collecting your hard earned cash. Which by the way paid for your DD's use of these quality facilities.

Additionally, you didn't "have" to drive a hundreds of miles to play teams from your area, I'm sure there wasn't a gun to your head, in fact we would have all been better for it had you chosen to stay home. By the way, feel free to add up the miles you drive each week to play friendlies against teams in your area....my guess is you'll hit hundreds of miles in a couple of weeks.

HB crew....this is the same guy that thought he deserved a HB tee for thinking Pride would win it all....it's your call, but I wouldn't give this cat the privilege of wearing one of those coveted tees ever...after ignorant comments like that.

Great job FF for a tremendous weekend.
thatguy

by qwikvr6 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:28 pm

:lol: I see I touched a nerve. Nothing you can say can change the experience people I know and trust had at that tournament. Calling me names and attacking me personally does not change what happened. If you choose sides, I think my side is the right side to come down on. This is the side of decency. This tournament was supposed to be a family event. A place where our girls could learn about fair play and competition. I teach my children to treat others as they would like to be treated. I am deeply concerned by the precedence set by this tournament. If you say nothing then it becomes acceptable. It's 2008 for heaven sakes. As an American who served his country with dignity and honor I find this deeply troubling. Then to be insulted by people who do not even know me adds to my disbelief. You should all be ashamed.
qwikvr6

by Skarp » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:33 pm

qwikvr6 wrote::lol: I see I touched a nerve. Nothing you can say can change the experience people I know and trust had at that tournament. Calling me names and attacking me personally does not change what happened. If you choose sides, I think my side is the right side to come down on. This is the side of decency. This tournament was supposed to be a family event. A place where our girls could learn about fair play and competition. I teach my children to treat others as they would like to be treated. I am deeply concerned by the precedence set by this tournament. If you say nothing then it becomes acceptable. It's 2008 for heaven sakes. As an American who served his country with dignity and honor I find this deeply troubling. Then to be insulted by people who do not even know me adds to my disbelief. You should all be ashamed.

So why don't you enlighten us on precisely how you ascertained that people were being treated unfairly because of the color of their skin. Be specific please. What information did you rely on to reach that conclusion?
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sportzjunky » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:52 pm

qwikvr6 wrote: This is the side of decency. This tournament was supposed to be a family event. A place where our girls could learn about fair play and competition. I teach my children to treat others as they would like to be treated. I am deeply concerned by the precedence set by this tournament. If you say nothing then it becomes acceptable. It's 2008 for heaven sakes. As an American who served his country with dignity and honor I find this deeply troubling. Then to be insulted by people who do not even know me adds to my disbelief. You should all be ashamed.

Next year just pass if its such a travesty to YOU... there were about 140-150 teams @ 11 players average plus familes.... I estimate about 2500-3000 people were associated to this tournament(families & friends and watchers plus teams) and the ONE that bitches wasnt even there? Ugh.
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by artomatic » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:05 pm

NO T-SHIRT FOR YOU!
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by qwikvr6 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:14 pm

It happened at the Ashland Street Entrance. I was not there, but he is a parent on our team. He is a good guy with many years of club ball experience. I have much respect for him. He does not need to make something like that up at 8:30am on a Sunday. But if you ask someone strait up, "Are you not letting me in because of the color of my skin?”, and the person answers "That is exactly why, now go away!" Then that leaves no doubt. That place was no comparison to Cathedral City. They don't even charge to park. Their cover is only 2 bucks. It's not about money. I'm not made of money, but I care enough about my kid to give her this privilege that I never received from my parents. These kids work hard 4-6 days a week on their game, only to have some idiot make totally mindless calls over and over again. We spent 20 minutes during one game waiting for the umps to call the officials because they did not know what to do. That's not good officiating.
qwikvr6

PreviousNext

Return to CA