Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12U - Top Ten and Beyond

by Demonboy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:14 pm

BRUNO wrote:Sam, hit the nail on the head. What alot of these California teams fail to realize is that fast pitch is played all over the country, and played at a competitive level. The simple fact is that ASA is diminishing, and other sanctioning bodies are filling the void. Triple crown is creeping up on the ASA for various reasons and will be the #1 national tournament in a few short years. There are numorous softball organazations thru-out the country, at all age groups who can and do compete with the California teams and send them packing.

Oh that's RICH. ::falls out of his chair laughing::
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by ManitouDan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:20 am

Sam wrote:
madness wrote:BRUNO, come on?
I can name about 30 California teams that can go to AFA or USSSA and win it without a struggle. Don't compare what is done in AFA, USSSA, or little league with what ASA has to bring. The entire fastpitch world knows ASA is where it's at, and until you win at the ASA level, DON"T BRAGG about a national title. CU-IN-BAMA :geek:

No, you can't. You might be able to name up to 4 teams in each age division that could win it without much problem...maybe. You will also find out soon that national titles, even at ASA mean just about squat. The end game for many of these kids will be as sophomores and juniors trying to get scholarships....having been on an ASA Championship team guarantees you nothing...especially if the championship was at 10u, 12u, or 14u.

AFA teams are extremely competitive and many teams will participate in AFA Nationals to prepare for ASA Nationals.

Last years 12u PONY champ (Valley ext Red ,ohio) beat the Ohio Slammers for that title. Slammers went on to finish 5th in ASA's in Cali. Central pa. Crushers beat the Valley team in the eastern natls. So there is definetly competetive FP being played outside of ASA. MD
ManitouDan

by Travel Ball » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:26 pm

Test
Travel Ball

by spazmom » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:03 pm

We are new to travel this year and have not been terribly impressed with the talent level with the 95 teams we played in the fall. But there seems to be a lot of talent among the 96 teams that we have played. Is my observation a good one or way off??

Don't get me wrong, we played some good 95 teams. Corona Angels, Nemesis to name 2. It just seems next year will be tougher in 12u.
spazmom

by Nzane » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:15 pm

spazmom wrote:We are new to travel this year and have not been terribly impressed with the talent level with the 95 teams we played in the fall. But there seems to be a lot of talent among the 96 teams that we have played. Is my observation a good one or way off??

Don't get me wrong, we played some good 95 teams. Corona Angels, Nemesis to name 2. It just seems next year will be tougher in 12u.

Being new, I can understand. But, you are WAY off base. There are some GREAT 95 teams out there. Corona and Nemesis as you said. But, you obviously havent seen Anderson Heat95, OC Impact95. Theres also Bomb Squad95, AA's95, just to name a few. I wouldnt be to quick to judge in early February..........
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by spazmom » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:12 pm

Thanks Nzane and Spazsdad. Andersen Heat pulled out of the one tournament we were going to face them in (right after the fires) so we have not seen them yet. I won't name names, but there are 2 teams that are talked a lot about on these boards that I have seen play and be beaten by 96 teams. In tournaments not friendlies. I guess that is how I drew my conclusion. I'm glad to hear the competition remains strong and look forward to seeing many more teams this spring.
spazmom

by Nzane » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:29 pm

Thats the beauty of sport though. If the teams that were "supposed" to win, ALWAYS won, why play the game?? On any given day, a different team can win. I'm sure the Giants are glad they decided to show up for the Super Bowl!! I personally saw Anderson Heat this past Sunday. Very good!! AA's, from what I saw looked good too!! I know Corona and OC Impact is good too. And, so are alot of others. Again, dont always go by just one game. We played a team last weekend. We beat em 9-4 and 6-0. This past weekend, we tied em, 0-0. They didnt have a good weekend the week before. They played very good this past weekend. Everyone has a bad weekend once in a while..........
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by xxxYerOut » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:44 pm

You shouldn't have to wait too long to see these teams either. Between HB in March (even while missing a few that will be in LV) and Fresno in April, it looks like it will be on early and often.
xxxYerOut

by spazmom » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:01 pm

Can't wait. I love this time of year.
spazmom

by melsdad » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:47 pm

BRUNO wrote:melsmom i mean dad- It is amazing that no other state in the country can play softball other than california. No other team in the country can compete with the top 30 teams at every age,unbelievable. No other team can place in a tourney other than the top 30 teams from california. Thats why california teams place 1 thru 30 in all national tournaments at every age, ASA, Triple crown, USSSA, AFA, NFA, and all sanctioning bodies. Wow, guess we better call it a season and try our luck at Polo. Never mind i forgot California dominates and has a monopoly on all sports right melsdad, get off your high horse, your kid is probaly on a rec team anyway and rides the pine.
Last edited by melsdad on Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melsdad

PreviousNext

Return to CA