Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12U - Top Ten and Beyond

by Sam » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:47 pm

madness wrote:BRUNO, come on?
I can name about 30 California teams that can go to AFA or USSSA and win it without a struggle. Don't compare what is done in AFA, USSSA, or little league with what ASA has to bring. The entire fastpitch world knows ASA is where it's at, and until you win at the ASA level, DON"T BRAGG about a national title. CU-IN-BAMA :geek:

No, you can't. You might be able to name up to 4 teams in each age division that could win it without much problem...maybe. You will also find out soon that national titles, even at ASA mean just about squat. The end game for many of these kids will be as sophomores and juniors trying to get scholarships....having been on an ASA Championship team guarantees you nothing...especially if the championship was at 10u, 12u, or 14u.

AFA teams are extremely competitive and many teams will participate in AFA Nationals to prepare for ASA Nationals.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Squirrel » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:04 pm

[quote="Sam"] The end game for many of these kids will be as sophomores and juniors trying to get scholarships....quote]

Hey Sam,

I'm not sure what that statement means. Would you explain?

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:15 pm

Blind Squirrel wrote:
Sam wrote: The end game for many of these kids will be as sophomores and juniors trying to get scholarships....quote]

Hey Sam,

John

It means that meaningless games played at exposure tournaments will mean much more to the player in the long run than her trophy for winning ASA Nationals at 12U.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BRUNO » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Sam, hit the nail on the head. What alot of these California teams fail to realize is that fast pitch is played all over the country, and played at a competitive level. The simple fact is that ASA is diminishing, and other sanctioning bodies are filling the void. Triple crown is creeping up on the ASA for various reasons and will be the #1 national tournament in a few short years. There are numorous softball organazations thru-out the country, at all age groups who can and do compete with the California teams and send them packing.
BRUNO

by Blind Squirrel » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:05 pm

Sam wrote:
Blind Squirrel wrote:
Sam wrote: The end game for many of these kids will be as sophomores and juniors trying to get scholarships....quote]

Hey Sam,

John

It means that meaningless games played at exposure tournaments will mean much more to the player in the long run than her trophy for winning ASA Nationals at 12U.

Thanx. I completely agree. My kid just turned 17 and has yet to even go to Nationals, but she has been seen by dozens of D1 coaches. Never heard a coach ask what a kid did when she was 13.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:07 pm

BRUNO wrote:Sam, hit the nail on the head. What alot of these California teams fail to realize is that fast pitch is played all over the country, and played at a competitive level. The simple fact is that ASA is diminishing, and other sanctioning bodies are filling the void. Triple crown is creeping up on the ASA for various reasons and will be the #1 national tournament in a few short years. There are numorous softball organazations thru-out the country, at all age groups who can and do compete with the California teams and send them packing.

Slow down, big man....TCS won't be the #1 tournament in our lifetimes...too many ASA folks who are fine with ASA shoving Normal, Sioux Falls, Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Roseville, Auburn, Midland, Johnson City, et al. down their throats.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BIG PAPA 18 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Blind Squirrel wrote:"Well If you were there, then you would of known that we Kicked their BoB's, score was 10-3 whose crying about time limit when you are behind by that many runs.....LMAO... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: (Scoreboard speaks for it's self)...!! :idea: .. :lol:

#1 rule (know the rules)...Because they will come back to bite you in the end!! :lol:
Thanks John, I think I get it....LOL... :idea: :idea: :lol:
Last edited by BIG PAPA 18 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIG PAPA 18

by SSdad » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:19 pm

BIG PAPA 18 wrote:
SSdad wrote:I was at the Rec. nationals in New Mexico. Jynx did win the 10U rec. championship even though they are mostly travel ball players that went back to rec. to play all-stars. And if I remember that championship game correctly I beleive there was a time limit issue and the team they were playing should have won, but the officials upstairs blew the call and they ended up winning.

Well If you were there, then you would of known that we Kicked their BoB's, score was 10-3 whose crying about time limit when you are behind by that many runs.....LMAO... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: (Scoreboard speaks for it's self)...!! :idea: Wait did your DD play for Downey?....LMAO.. :lol:

no my daughter doesn't play in that division. Maybe my info is wrong but I was talking about the first game not the 2nd game. But that was like 5 months and many games ago. You could be correct about the rules, I remember something about the wrong time being used for the game (or something like that). But in the end it is all parents, coaches talking and you know how that goes, one person says one thing and then the story changes completely 5 people down.
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

by BIG PAPA 18 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:44 pm

SSdad wrote:
BIG PAPA 18 wrote:
SSdad wrote:I was at the Rec. nationals in New Mexico. Jynx did win the 10U rec. championship even though they are mostly travel ball players that went back to rec. to play all-stars. And if I remember that championship game correctly I beleive there was a time limit issue and the team they were playing should have won, but the officials upstairs blew the call and they ended up winning.

Well If you were there, then you would of known that we Kicked their BoB's, score was 10-3 whose crying about time limit when you are behind by that many runs.....LMAO... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: (Scoreboard speaks for it's self :idea: .. :lol:

no my daughter doesn't play in that division. Maybe my info is wrong but I was talking about the first game not the 2nd game. But that was like 5 months and many games ago. You could be correct about the rules, I remember something about the wrong time being used for the game (or something like that). But in the end it is all parents, coaches talking and you know how that goes, one person says one thing and then the story changes completely 5 people down.

Thats cool SSDAD no prob, I wish the best for :mrgreen: you and your DD. It's Just getting old hearing those excuses from people, no harm no foul...lol :lol: :lol: :lol:The Kids did it (District -Sate -Nationals) They worked hard, and now on to a new venture...
BIG PAPA 18

by BIG PAPA 18 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Spazsdad wrote:"District -Sate -Nationals"
Wasn't that referred to as the Trifecta??

That is correct Spazsdad. Preety good tourney at PSSG huh? :lol: :mrgreen:
BIG PAPA 18

PreviousNext

Return to CA