Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12U - Top Ten and Beyond

by Skarp » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:02 pm

So beyond the ten 12U teams mentioned by NumeroUno, which other teams look like they might have what it takes to break in to the top ten? Which teams are overrated? Which teams, while perhaps not great, play solid, consistent softball week in and week out? Just trying to get the lay of the land in 12U beyond the teams that get all the press.

There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softballdad » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:50 pm

Yucaipa Dynasty and So Cal Jynx. :?:
Last edited by softballdad on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in getting into hot water. I think it keeps you clean.
softballdad

by Skarp » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:12 pm

Well as much as we would like to schedule friendlies against these mythical teams of yore, currently useful information is preferred, and would be appreciated. Are you saying that there are only 5 teams out there that can consistently turn routine plays and get through their games without committing errors in bunches? I've also seen some pretty weak teams out there, but I can't believe that there aren't any other teams with the potential to challenge the top teams--or at least give them a good game.
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by addiction » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm

12's are pretty watered down for some reason
addiction

by Skarp » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:43 pm

Spazsdad,

Understood. But I would assume that the distribution of teams in 12U would basically follow any normal distribution--i.e., a bell curve, with relatively few very strong or very weak teams, and a larger number of teams occupying the middle ground. What I'm interested in is information about the right side of the curve--the teams that play better than average on up to the teams, if any, that could potentially be strong enough to make the top ten list (either right now or by season's end). Other posts have suggested that there is a huge drop off after the top few teams. This doesn't sound plausible to me, but I guess it could be true.

Thanks. :mrgreen:
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:58 pm

How does a team like Cerritos Franchise stack up?
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by coachkev » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:22 am

Riptide based out of La Mirada has been out on the 12U trail since September. We have done fairly well with few losses. We are still new as far as travel ball goes. The teams we came across that I would consider to be top dogs in 12U were

TNL, AA, Anderson Heat, Corona Angels 95, and Surf City Slammers.

Just my 2 cents
coachkev
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softballmomma » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:17 pm

How does Team Smash out of Chino, CA rank? Acording to USSSA website they are #1 (as of the end of Nov) for 12u.
softballmomma

by softballmomma » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:10 pm

You know it is too bad that people do not get their facts straight prior to making accusations that can ruin a team, coach and players. They are a great hitting team that spends many hours working with a hitting coach as well as their coaches. The person that started this rumor needs to keep her nose where it belongs. She has never even played this team. She just likes to cause issues for teams better then the one her daughter is on. It's just sad. The team played within there age bracket, yes they were an older first year 12's team. The 14u are a first year team as well. No altered bats needed..... all skills baby.
We look forward to seeing you on the field.
softballmomma

by qwikvr6 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:53 pm

It seems to me that parents are the problem. Travel should be reserved for elite players. Your kid should be invited to come work out on a team, and then prove herself. Right now we have tons of disgruntled recball families who blame the kids lack of ability on the coaches. You have to be honest about your ability, that's my two cents.
qwikvr6

Next

Return to CA