Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

So Cal top 96's

by uno tres » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:40 pm

...that's a compliment for So Cal travel ball teams, if I ever heard one...
.."now go get your F'n shine box!!!"...
uno tres

by Clean_up » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:25 pm

Comets16 wrote:2000 Miles away it was announced today that the Comets '96 (Al) & Frost Falcons (Tn) '96 will be joining forces in 2009 for a run at H.O.F in Oklahoma and ASA/USA 12U "A" Nationals in Normal, Il! This will take the Comets 6 players and matched them with the 5 best Falcons players... Some of our weakness was their strong points, and vice versa......Combining talent 1-11, a great pitching rotation, tons of power and speed....

Between the two teams there is a 5th & 13th Place 10U ASA "A' Nationals, many State Championships & World Series Wins, tons of victories...

In my 4 yrs of travel ball there has never been two powerhouse teams like this merge together, in these parts of the country!!!

2009 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CA '96 (13th 10U Nationals 2007) played the Comets (Huntsville?), losing 4-2 last year in Nationals - they were a great team already and we can't wait to play you again! Good luck in 2009, hope we both see eachother at Nationals!
Clean_up

by YellowBalls » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:34 pm

Comets16 wrote:2000 Miles away it was announced today that the Comets '96 (Al) & Frost Falcons (Tn) '96 will be joining forces in 2009 for a run at H.O.F in Oklahoma and ASA/USA 12U "A" Nationals in Normal, Il! This will take the Comets 6 players and matched them with the 5 best Falcons players... Some of our weakness was their strong points, and vice versa......Combining talent 1-11, a great pitching rotation, tons of power and speed....

Between the two teams there is a 5th & 13th Place 10U ASA "A' Nationals, many State Championships & World Series Wins, tons of victories...

In my 4 yrs of travel ball there has never been two powerhouse teams like this merge together, in these parts of the country!!!

2009 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to go to another state!! to find five top players to try and dominate next year? Not something to brag about, we can find five top players within any 3 block radius in So Cal... :roll:
YellowBalls

by bugs » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:43 pm

What will be the team's name so we can follow the progress?
bugs

by Comets16 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:48 pm

Just for the record YellowBalls, not one kid from the whole state of California finished higher than our 6 Alabama girls at ASA 10U "A" Nationals last year....

While it is a different state our team is mixed of kids from both states as we border the state line. My daughter as well as two of our "6" are from Tenn. The kids joining our team live 2 hrs away. Yes, California is blessed with having so much talent, and all other states are envious, but please do not try to take away from what these girls accomplished. We will be back at Nationals this year, and hope to do well.

We played and got to see California Rebels, Victory USA, Corona Angels and Nemesis, to be mentioned with these teams is an honor and a tribute to our girls...

California is where it is at, but the rest of the USA is catching up...

Congrats Corona Angels 96 for qualifying at Tracy this past weekend... Can't wait to see you play again....
Comets16

by YellowBalls » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:41 pm

[quote="Comets16"]Just for the record YellowBalls, not one kid from the whole state of California finished higher than our 6 Alabama girls at ASA 10U "A" Nationals last year....

While it is a different state our team is mixed of kids from both states as we border the state line. My daughter as well as two of our "6" are from Tenn. The kids joining our team live 2 hrs away. Yes, California is blessed with having so much talent, and all other states are envious, but please do not try to take away from what these girls accomplished. We will be back at Nationals this year, and hope to do well. quote]

I didn't take anything away from your girls, I simply asked a question about your boast and why you have to go to another state, which you clarified, thanks much. And for the record, if we took 2 top players from ALL the CA teams entered last year and stacked them onto one team, we all know what the outcome would be.... Good luck in 2009...
YellowBalls

by YellowBalls » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:53 pm

AMEN BROTHER!
YellowBalls

by ice_67 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:56 pm

Might have to stop at the store on the way to Fairfield and buy a can.
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

by play4fun » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:37 pm

Comet16,
Congrats for placing so well at 10U Nationals LAST YEAR but you might want to wait and see the competition this year in 12U before you start making enemies. Do you really want to make the California teams mad at you before the tournament even starts? You might as well place a big red X on your forehead.
play4fun

by Comets16 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:28 pm

I came to the Cali board and posted my reply. I am not scared of the X as I will never take, field or see the dirt. I have talked trash my whole life. Please list your team so I can come say hi this year at Nationals, if your team will be there that is. I am easiest guy to find at the park as I walk with a severe crook in my neck and back. If we beat your team, I will still say hi and if you beat our team I will say hi... Playing California, Tx & Az teams will only make our team better, so we win regardless of score.. We have lost before and will again....but if we lose, it will be the first time to a Cali team... This year we maybe over matched at Nationals but once again we are in the "Show" and we are getting valuable experience for 2009! Our '96's will be playing the nations best 95's, what more could a softball lover ask for?
Comets16

PreviousNext

Return to CA