Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Pitching coach

by MarkJMillsap » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:54 pm

Mike Smith is the best. He has coached more than 200 girls to College scholarships. He has recently moved to EM training in Rancho Cucamonga. He also pitched professionally in the 70's.
MarkJMillsap

by jpc4bigd » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Mike Smith sounds like a good coach, however I have not watch him coach.
Started with baca,and after seeing him work more on throwing balls into a bucket
went to Chuck Cheeks.Now throwing 6 pitches the right way and very happy.
jpc4bigd

by 1prouddad » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 pm

MrIncredible wrote:Any contact info for Sarno and Baca?

Don Sarno 714-990-4435
1prouddad

by Love the game » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:05 pm

People are funny. Mike Smith is a great pitching coach, One of the best and has been around awhile. My daughters have been to several coaches. Recently Chuck Cheeks and now Rob Baca. Chuck Cheek was good to start with. Good with movement. My daughters went with him for over a year. Because of him her All Star team only lost 2 games last year. But towards the end my daughters didn't get better. I didnt pay to hear my daughter was the best i wanted to see improvement. We decided to try Rob Baca this year. He is about form before you move on to pitches. My daughter has always won because she can move the ball thanks to Chuck Cheeks. But once we moved on to Travel ball and trying out with the big teams like fire crackers and those type teams we were told all about her bad form and every mistake I was blinded to. We were told to try Mike Smith or Rob Baca. Mike Smiith was to far to drive to so we went to Rob Baca. I knew about him from many girls we knw who go to him. Not sure about the bucket comment but we took 2nd in Utah Thanks to Baca and my daughter is only a 2000 along with our team. Chuck Cheeks is good but Rob Baca is at Mike Smith's level if not better. But not every coach is right for every player. The best thing to do is go watch several coaches and players they coach. Don't be fooled by the first one you see. My daughter has a long way to go but her form is night and day and everything else is improving with that. Chuck Cheeks is my pick for new players. Rob Baca is my pick for girls more advanced.
Love the game

by krit2osu » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:45 am

If you're looking for another view, I offer pitching lessons in private indoor cages in Ontario and will give a free evaluation/1st lesson to find out if we are a fit (what you are looking for in a coach). I am looking to get a few more students so if you are interested in getting a different view on mechanics please call or email at krit02@hotmail.com, 951-233-4146

I have played ball for 20 years including the D1 level at Ohio State for 4 years and on the Dutch Olympic team for 5 years. Currently just finished the Las Vegas Tournament with the Hurricanes Aug 1st, 2010 (Woman's open league), we came in 1st place and I received Most Valuable Pitcher of the Tournament. I have played both with and against the best players in the world.

I have 8 years of experience giving pitching lessons and enjoy teaching girls from 7 years old to college age girls, not only the fundamentals but the mental game as well.

Kristi DeVries
krit02@hotmail.com
951-233-4146
kristidevries.sports.officelive.com
krit2osu

by lookingIN » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:13 am

Chuckee Cheese is my pick for a pitching coach. He is awesome and kids just love him.
lookingIN

by hit4thecycle » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:41 pm

lookingIN wrote:Chuckee Cheese is my pick for a pitching coach. He is awesome and kids just love him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
hit4thecycle

by bigericg » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:58 pm

there is a terrific pitching coach in riverside. her name is kristina lyman. she does her lessons out of adrenaline in riverside. she is a teacher and can break the motions down like ive never seen.
bigericg

by OSD » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:50 pm

Does anyone know if Mike Smith the pitching coach out of EM and Mike Smith the coach of So Cal Athletics 16U is the same guy or are they different Mike Smiths? Thanks...
OSD
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MarkJMillsap » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:24 pm

OSD wrote:Does anyone know if Mike Smith the pitching coach out of EM and Mike Smith the coach of So Cal Athletics 16U is the same guy or are they different Mike Smiths? Thanks...

They are not the same person. Mike Smith the pitching coach does lessons 5 days a week. He is an older gentleman.
MarkJMillsap

PreviousNext

Return to CA