Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12U Bracketologist Ranking - Pre ASA Nationals Updated Poll

by onthejuice » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:26 pm

TheCloser wrote:ASA needs to do a better job of controlling the number of berths awarded. I wouldn't be surprised to see more than 100 teams at Nationals and more than 15 from So Cal.

It's funny because at work I tell people that I'm taking some days off in the next few weeks to attend Nationals with my DD. They respond with a "Wow, that's a big accomplishment" and I think in my head, no it's not. If you have a heart beat, deep pockets, and an ok team you can find a way to qualify.

12 berths for the So Cal State Tournament is too much. Top 5 should qualify and the others should fight for a berth or two at Regionals. They should also max out the tournament at 64 teams.

Don't forget the So Cal team that got the berth for signing up for the qualifier back east that didn't happen. :o :o :o :o
onthejuice

by sofbal1234 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:42 pm

skilz365 wrote:Be careful GlassHalfEmpty........you know the old saying, "consider the source from whom you get your information from!" Could it be an ex-Punisher, cut player, or Know it all dad/ex-coach??? By the way, Congrats to Punishers for their Championship victory over Team Rawlings at the Double Play Tournament.

Tired of hearing haters bash the Corona Angels' 98 & Punishers '98. The absolute truth is this........too many whining dads complaining about the Angels & Punishers because their daughter was either cut or did not make one of these teams. Angels & Punishers play the game with respect, they compete, and have proven they are elite teams. If you whining dads open your eyes and are honest about your own daughters weeknesses, maybe you will be better for it in the future! :o :o

I'm sure these dad's will BS some other team on how GREAT their daughters are!!!! :lol: :lol:

WORD UP skilz365!!! The nicer side of you is starting to come out... ;)
sofbal1234

by skilz365 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:51 am

Thanks , 1234!!! I'm trying! :D

Hope to see USA Athletics and So Cal Breakers (Sieber) get their berths one way or another. If these (2) teams would have been in the same bracket as a lot of those other teams who qualified at states, they would have qualified as well. Luck of the draw.
They are both great teams and can beat any of the other top teams on any given day.
skilz365

by sofbal1234 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:58 am

skilz365 wrote:Thanks , 1234!!! I'm trying! :D

Hope to see USA Athletics and So Cal Breakers (Sieber) get their berths one way or another. If these (2) teams would have been in the same bracket as a lot of those other teams who qualified at states, they would have qualified as well. Luck of the draw.
They are both great teams and can beat any of the other top teams on any given day.

I agree 110% skilz!!! Played both yesterday and despite only winning 1 of the 2, they COULD beat any of the teams already going to Nat's on any given day!!! Including the top 3!!! And that's JMHO :D
sofbal1234

by glasshalfempty » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:57 am

skilz365 wrote:Be careful GlassHalfEmpty........you know the old saying, "consider the source from whom you get your information from!" Could it be an ex-Punisher, cut player, or Know it all dad/ex-coach??? By the way, Congrats to Punishers for their Championship victory over Team Rawlings at the Double Play Tournament.

Tired of hearing haters bash the Corona Angels' 98 & Punishers '98. The absolute truth is this........too many whining dads complaining about the Angels & Punishers because their daughter was either cut or did not make one of these teams. Angels & Punishers play the game with respect, they compete, and have proven they are elite teams. If you whining dads open your eyes and are honest about your own daughters weeknesses, maybe you will be better for it in the future! :o :o

I'm sure these dad's will BS some other team on how GREAT their daughters are!!!! :lol: :lol:

You know this old saying, "when you ASSUME, you make an ass out of you me." Kinda like the Punisher and Angel parents all this year! My information comes from observation. I don't know personally nor speak to anyone personally that plays or played on the either team. If I have a bias against either one of those teams, it comes from the obnoxious and biased supporters of each of those teams here on the bucket.

BTW- Congrats Punishers, I've moved you up to a tie with Rawlings and FC99. Sorry Punishers, but I can't give you higher ranking. The teams above you simply will not lose to the teams below you, you're vulnerable to losing to any team in the #12 and #16 range and quite frankly lower than that.
glasshalfempty

by sofbal1234 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:23 am

glasshalfempty wrote:

You know this old saying, "when you ASSUME, you make an ass out of you me." Kinda like the Punisher and Angel parents all this year! My information comes from observation. I don't know personally nor speak to anyone personally that plays or played on the either team. If I have a bias against either one of those teams, it comes from the obnoxious and biased supporters of each of those teams here on the bucket.

BTW- Congrats Punishers, I've moved you up to a tie with Rawlings and FC99. Sorry Punishers, but I can't give you higher ranking. The teams above you simply will not lose to the teams below you, you're vulnerable to losing to any team in the #12 and #16 range and quite frankly lower than that.

You know Glass, the only reason I like to razz the Punisher people is because of that ONE overly zealous dad who went behind the CA98 dugout during the game @ the OCCC THREATENING our coaches because he heard one of them say, "well then hit her then!" to our pitcher when she was complaining of the girl @ bat LITERALLY standing on the edge of the plate and not being able to hit her spots for strikes. That's pretty much it buddy. It's not as if I go around pounding my chest about our team either... No, quite the opposite in always taking the underdog or darkhorse approach, you know... The only other reason would be they've also DISSED a couple families I know that have recently left the org due to DADDY BALL issues. Besides that, I think they are a fun group of folks to mess with and I enjoy their banter. You haven't see me going at it with any other teams like that thus far have you? So just go with it and have some fun buddy!!! Life's too short to be all upset and angry all the time!!! ;) Peace out, cub scout! :D
sofbal1234

by skilz365 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Hey, Glass: We all have our opinions whether right or wrong, but I'm sure we are on the same page in the hopes ALL the California teams do well at Nationals.
skilz365

by sofbal1234 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:58 pm

skilz365 wrote:Hey, Glass: We all have our opinions whether right or wrong, but I'm sure we are on the same page in the hopes ALL the California teams do well at Nationals.

AND, a couple more good one's will get to go!!! :D ;)
sofbal1234

by glasshalfempty » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:31 pm

skilz365 wrote:Hey, Glass: We all have our opinions whether right or wrong, but I'm sure we are on the same page in the hopes ALL the California teams do well at Nationals.

We're on the same page among the So Cal teams, I hope we all fall within the top 16, with the CA98 in 15th and Punishers in 16th. How the other fourteen teams fall in the within the top 16, I'm personally indifferent. As far as the rest of the country, #17-#100 is fine for them. Until then, let the local rivalries continue. It's like USC and UCLA until the bowl games come. Both teams hate each other all year long, but both would want them to represent the conference well at bowl time. So, there you have it.
glasshalfempty

by sofbal1234 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:47 pm

glasshalfempty wrote:

We're on the same page among the So Cal teams, I hope we all fall within the top 16, with the CA98 in 15th and Punishers in 16th. How the other fourteen teams fall in the within the top 16, I'm personally indifferent. As far as the rest of the country, #17-#100 is fine for them. Until then, let the local rivalries continue. It's like USC and UCLA until the bowl games come. Both teams hate each other all year long, but both would want them to represent the conference well at bowl time. So, there you have it.

Here, Here... I'd drink to that if I were a drinker!!! ;)
sofbal1234

PreviousNext

Return to CA