Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Knucklehead Buena Park Girls Softball Association

by Clean_up » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:07 pm

What an idiot...
Clean_up

by as the world turns » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:55 pm

From Buena Park Girls Softball Association website:

Please remember this is a game, not life or death. We appreciate the spirit of competition that some of you bring. However, let's keep it all in perspective. Let's try to avoid negative comments. You can easily hurt a girls feelings and that is surely not your objective. Denigrating the opposing team and coaching staff is not a necessary part of the game and will not be tolerated by the league.

Most importantly, enjoy watching your child grow and improve as a player throughout the season. The kids love to have their own fans out there watching them play. They already have a coach; what they want is support from family and friends.

I guess this philosophy only applies to rec teams.

You can easily hurt a girls feelings and that is surely not your objective.

Girls that went to bed early on Saturday night so they can play on Sunday morning, apparently they have no feelings because they are travel ball players.

The kids love to have their own fans out there watching them play.

Parents got up early on Sunday morning to watch their kids play, I guess it only applies to rec players

Please remember this is a game, not life or death.
However, let's keep it all in perspective.

Mr. 3 inch, maybe you should read your league's website before you act-out like a 4 year old
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by diamondmom » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:35 pm

would this be considered a Heybucket lynching??? :twisted:
diamondmom
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Ace » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:37 pm

as the world turns wrote:From Buena Park Girls Softball Association website:

Please remember this is a game, not life or death. We appreciate the spirit of competition that some of you bring. However, let's keep it all in perspective. Let's try to avoid negative comments. You can easily hurt a girls feelings and that is surely not your objective. Denigrating the opposing team and coaching staff is not a necessary part of the game and will not be tolerated by the league.

Most importantly, enjoy watching your child grow and improve as a player throughout the season. The kids love to have their own fans out there watching them play. They already have a coach; what they want is support from family and friends.

I guess this philosophy only applies to rec teams.

You can easily hurt a girls feelings and that is surely not your objective.

Girls that went to bed early on Saturday night so they can play on Sunday morning, apparently they have no feelings because they are travel ball players.

The kids love to have their own fans out there watching them play.

Parents got up early on Sunday morning to watch their kids play, I guess it only applies to rec players

Please remember this is a game, not life or death.
However, let's keep it all in perspective.

Mr. 3 inch, maybe you should read your league's website before you act-out like a 4 year old

Not to stick up for this guy, but I think you have brought up this mans private parts in 2 seperate threads, blindly stated that his daughter isnt good enough to play travel ball, and that nobody should pick her up if she tried out, and now you are saying HE is acting like a 4yo? haha, I'm just sayin....
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace

by SSdad » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:45 am

Didn't even know Buena Park had a rec league, most of the players I know that live there played in Cerritos, or Los Al. Just looked at their website, they are listed as a "C" league. Guess that explains why I never saw them anywhere back when DD played rec.
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

by rasjohnson » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:13 am

My team attended the friendly on Sat. It went very well.. The fields were taken care of better then some Tourney's we have been in.. Drug and chalked after every game w/ out fail!

I am sorry you have been put through this.. Good luck w/ your next step of action.. For sure check out the Rec League sub leasing (basically)..

We are in San Diego and that is a NO NO.. We have to go through the Rec league. Then we are supposed to pay 10% or our earnings to them as well. There is of course a exception or two..
rasjohnson

by just_sayin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:16 am

Spaz -

If you read Scott's letter you would see that there were no rules broken. There was a BPGSL board member at the site with VUSA at all times, even when supplies were being stored at the end of the day. He never mentioned that the room was off limits and that nothing was to be "touched". Had rules been given they would have been followed. Those fields were not "lost" because VUSA did not follow the rules. What this guy did was horrible. Put the shoe on the other foot. I would be interested in seeing how you would react if that was you, your team and your parents. Two teams in the parking lot waiting to warm up, with 6 others on the way. It was an unfortunate situation for all that could have been resolved very easily had VUSA been given the proper instructions.
just_sayin

by hanico » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:33 am

Their is no doubt the guy is a fool but Scott was told not to use the shed and he did. Should the guy have acted like he did, no. But when you use someone else's field you better go by their rules
hanico

by Coach SS » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:35 am

I totally agree. If you use someone elses property, you follow their rules or run the risk of not having the opportunity in the future.

However, the only "rules" we were told was that the Quads were not to be used for dragging the fields. This was confirmed verbally and via email by Board Member, Dave Jundt, to me and the other Board Members. That is all I received and went by. Dave was at the field all day and also there when things were being packed up. The Quads were not used.

Had we been told that we couldnt use the power, ice machine, restrooms, lights, etc., we would have either followed the rules or made a decision as to whether we hosted or not. It is that simple.

Our hosting was based partly on the understanding that the league was unable to repay the amounts paid previously. This was a solution where we were willing to work with them and host 5-6 friendlies to offset the original amounts paid as well as give opportunity for our parents to earn some funds to help with the team costs. The 5-6 number was arrived at knowing that snack bar donations also needed to be provided and it had to be made worthwhile for the parents to work it and donate the items. With this in mind, had we known the "rules" we would have followed them.

This event is just another in a long string of negative events with BPGSA to numerous to list here. At this point, we have demanded repayment of the original amounts paid for which nothing was received in return. The President of BPGSA has stated they will do this. I havent received anything yet but am hopeful that they will do the right thing and we all can go our separate ways.
Coach SS

by Chin Music » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:58 pm

Yo Adrian! You sound like a class A "Clown" Ya, I was one who after working a graveyard shift rushed to BP to see some games. Thanks Bro! I'm sure your icechest is ok, isn't it? Either your there for the girls and sport or don't be involved at any level!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA