Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

WHO ARE THE BEST 12U TEAMS IN THE OC, LA , SF , SB, RS, CALI

by weebles wobble » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:20 pm

Not that it matters, but Rebels played Crunch at the Primetime Elite Friendly on 08/31. I think it was Crunch 4 Rebels 2. It was a good game for both teams. It was great to get back on the dirt again...
weebles wobble

by onthejuice » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:14 pm

Come on let's make like college football and rank the 12's, so we can all know who to knock off. Maybe we can use my BCS format!! What da you say we make a top 1-25 just for giggles.
onthejuice

by gonefishing » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:19 pm

ON THE JUICE YOU MUST NOT HAVE NOTHING TO DO.....As I am checking my email for work. I see ON THE JUICE ....BLAH ,BLAH, BLAH,YADE YADE YADE , BCS STANDING.... ETC. Well i like the idea.. Lets begin with the teams on the list, that I had and then ,we will go from there. I would like hear about any input or opinions on this subject from coaches , staff, fans, players, Daddy's, Mommy's , organizers ASA, USSSA ,etc.

2. Fire Crackers
3. Jynx
4. Power Surge (2) TEAMS
5. Bbusters (3) TEAMS
6. Team Smith
7. Rebels
8.American Athletics
9.CA 96
10. WILDCATS
11.IRVINE STING
12.NEMESIS
13. So cal Crunch
14. Raiders
:ugeek: :ugeek:
gonefishing

by ice_67 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:23 am

Power Surge has 1 team
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

by myallstarz » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:15 pm

Just like the BCS, mostly guess-work. But, I like a challenge. Plus, it will be fun to watch the rankings (opinions) change from month to month.

Number 1 - Has to be Corona Angels 96 (top so cal '96 ASA Nationals finish)
Number 2 - I like Firecrackers (I heard they picked up players from Victory USA - lost a few players, but picked up some good players - should be very strong)
Number 3 - I like Jynx (strong pitching, good hitting, good coaching - beat Corona Angels several times last year)
Number 4 - Power Surge (picked up four rec ball players - if these four are studs - this team could be real trouble)
Number 5 - Rebels - this team has alot of talent (made some great pick-ups in the off season). I would have picked them higher, but they've recently lost to Crunch and Diamonds. If they can prove that they can be consistently dominant they will quickly move up.
Number 6 - Batbusters (good core returning from last season - unknown pick ups - team to watch)
Number 6 - Team Smith (great defense - good pitching) If this team hits this year they could be very tough to beat. Offense????
Number 7 - SoCal Crunch (fresh off a friendly win over Rebels and a tough match-up against Jynx) This team could be a sleeper. They should go on all teams radar NOW.
Number 8 - Corona Angels 97 - This team will surprise alot of 96 teams. I predict a slow start and look out come March/April.

That's all I have. Don't know enough about the rest of the talent to make any more wild a$$ guesses. Anybody else care to try???
myallstarz
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Clean_up » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:12 am

Comets16 wrote:Would love to hear how these new 12's (2009) fared against the 12's of 2008.. Like against Grapettes, Anderson Heat, Minors Gold, Angels 95, Nemesis Elite? No offense if I left some other teams off. These were just teams we played or watched at Nationals...

Corona Angels 96 (Knighten) has beaten Nemesis Elite, Bomb Squad 95, Mizuno Pride. They played good games 3-1, 2-1, against the '95 Angels and Anderson Heat right before Nationals and lost 2-0 against OC Impact at States, beat Wicked 95 and both San Diego Rennegade teams 95 and 96. Most of their wins coming in the later part of the season, they really didn't come together until playing OC Impact at States, then they turned on the light switch it seems.

Currently, they have 2 players on the DL, including one of their top 3 pitchers, and 2 more with muscle issues getting worked on, so they are no where near 100%. They played their first 14u friendly yesterday and did okay, two ties and one win. They came out slow, but finished strong against Halos up 11-5 with no outs when the game time limit was called and score reverted back to end in a tie.

Rebels were there playing Jynx, but I don't know who won. Both teams look really strong, good pitching and Rebels pounded the ball during some of their earlier games.
Clean_up

by YellowBalls » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:31 am

redzone wrote:Since you've got such a deep interest in the Firecrackers, let me give you some facts. We have 15 players on the roster. One of our girls is hurt and won't be available for another month. That makes 14. Our first practice is Wednesday night in Laguna Niguel ... if you'd like to come.

See you on the dirt.

No, got a B actually - but sorry for getting the facts wrong, that was just the rumor - carrying 16 is a lot and worth the mention, glad for your players it's not true but even 15 is alot IMO... No deep interest, but thanks for the offer...
YellowBalls

by myallstarz » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:10 am

I'm off work this week so I have plenty of time to kill. I left out some key information in my prior BCS (BS) thread. I forgot about the team formerly known as Team Smith 97 (ASA 10u Champs). If this team is still together under another organization, they will be strong. Much like the CA 97, I expect them to come on strong later in the season. My revised BS rating for this team ??? ranked 8th followed by CA-97 now my #9 pick. I would then place a host of teams in the 10th spot - Raiders (good coaching), Nemesis (lost half their team in the off season - need to recruit well), Irvine Sting and OC Wildcats (depends on whether they upgraded in key positions), American Athletics 97 (another late season contender), and big time sleeper alert - the Diamonds 96 (I think they are from the west valley area) PUT THIS TEAM ON YOUR RADAR. They will surprise some teams, just ask the Rebels. I look forward to adding some teams that are currently flying UNDER THE RADAR. If you have a different opinion or have any sleeper alerts, let me know... :twisted: :lol:
myallstarz
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tito » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:28 am

Clean_up wrote: They played good games 3-1, 2-1, against the '95 Angels and Anderson Heat right before Nationals and lost 2-0 against OC Impact at States,
Currently, they have 2 players on the DL, including one of their top 3 pitchers, and 2 more with muscle issues getting worked on, so they are no where near 100%. They played their first 14u friendly yesterday and did okay, two ties and one win. They came out slow, but finished strong against Halos up 11-5 with no outs when the game time limit was called and score reverted back to end in a tie.

"Other than the shooting Mr Lincoln, how did you like the play?"
In other words, a loss is a loss, and a win is a win, regardless of the circumstances.
CA96 is a very strong team, let their play do the talking.
No need to analyze away any loss, or thump your chest for any win.
A friendly in September is not going to make or break their season.
If they deserve it, others will spread the word for them, which will give the team more credibility.
JMO...
It's astounding, time is fleeting.
Madness takes its toll.
tito

by anonlooker » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:14 pm

This is awesome! I have a quick question for all of you who can tell how good a team is after a couple of friendlies in September:

My DD's team played a friendly DH on Sunday. They won Game #1, then tied #2.

Are they one of the better teams in the division?
Will we qualify at States, or should we plan a May trip to qualify in Timbuktu?
Or better yet, should I just go ahead and book our flights and hotels to Nationals?
I'm just sayin'... :roll:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

PreviousNext

Return to CA