Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Softball in San Diego

by MrSanDiego » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:47 am

No, my kid wasn't cut, my DD plays on another SD team and has played on the same team since 12U (now 16's).

I was looking to hear from either parents on either of these orgs (there's another North County one) to find out if their experience has been worth the $$$.

And if there are more creeping out. It seems like they may be able to exist long term by getting new 10's and 12's but I would imagine they would lose their better kids to more traditional programs as they get to 14/16...
MrSanDiego

by playballagain » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:51 pm

:o So there's a Team in San Diego that's actually had the same group of kids
from 12U to 16U or are you another 14U team playing up???
playballagain

by BonezMom » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:40 pm

bunt-n-run wrote:We played the Academy team down in a Menifee tourney...are you sure they use paid Coaches?

BNR

We played them too... IMO parents should be asking for a refund
Too bad, so sad, bye bye
BonezMom

by MrSanDiego » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Nope, not playing up, 4 years. It's a mystery, I know ;)
MrSanDiego

by playballagain » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:56 pm

:roll: The only SD Team I can think of that's held a core group together had been playing 18's.

Otherwise...can't think of any???????????????????? Other than The Academy!!
playballagain

by True Student » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:06 pm

since I have to try to be heybucket politically correct, may I say that no matter where the girls play there will always be an issue of some kind, (Sound Familiar) My daughter needs more playing time, The unis suck, the coach is just a loud mouth, oh and lets not forget the fees are to high! But if youre fees are going to be skyrocketing then the players better be skyrocketing of the roof at "ASA NATIONALS"
True Student

by bunt-n-run » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:56 am

I see the Academy is hosting a friendly this Sunday...is anyone going? If so, sure would like some feedback. BTW, there are openings in the 10's, 12's, 14's and 16's...and maybe even a coaching postition or two. ;)
bunt-n-run

by dirtbag25 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:34 pm

I find this all making more sense to me. We played the Academy 12U team last september in a tournament. Nikki Starry was the coach and she "said" her daughter was a second string player on the team. They had a very good pitcher who I believe used to play for PS, but the other 17 girls, yes I said 17 were all rec players at best.

I agree the uni's were pathetic for the prices they charge, but one of there parents told one of our parents, there "game" uniforms weren't ready yet. Funny we saw them at the Pro fastpitch event in Rancho later in the year, same sorry uni's, same #1 pitcher, same 17 rec players. I guess being "associated" with an "academy" is better than saying your kid plays rec. Go figure. Just thought I'd let you all know what I knew on the subject.
dirtbag25

by 3 blind mice » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:13 pm

It seems that a lot of the academy players are from rancho bernardo and poway..maybe the parents have so much money in those areas that they just have no issue paying for TB that isn't quality or even close to it? if that is the case I hope they wake up. you are better off supporting your local rec league than playing for a "travel team" such as academy. there is nothing to be proud of in saying that. i bet its just a matter of wanting to be loyal to owner, and what happened to Monica Mace? I heard that wasa joint venture in the beginning....anyone know the story there?
3 blind mice

by ice_67 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:58 pm

3 blind mice wrote: i bet its just a matter of wanting to be loyal to owner, and what happened to Monica Mace? I heard that wasa joint venture in the beginning....anyone know the story there?

I heard Mace sold her part of the business to Starry.
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

PreviousNext

Return to CA