Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Softball in San Diego

by pitchersmom96 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:08 pm

From The Academy Site: Monthly Fee: $140
Paid head coaches with extensive softball resume's, ASA bound, use of state of the art hitting facility, each week will receive Diamond Strength training

The Academy Travel Softball Club is looking for coaches

The Academy Travel Softball Club announced recently that it is looking to hire quality coaches for the Spring 2009 campaign in San Diego. Nicky Starry, President, made the announcement.

The Academy is the home of Southern California's premier girl's softball training "Academy" and travel softball teams. It houses teams from 18U to 10U and offers the highest quality training, softball instruction and competition.

Coaching pay is based upon experience. Mileage, hotel rooms and a food allowance is provided.

Collegiate coaching experience and previous experience coaching at a travel softball level is preferred.

I have a bridge to sell too if anyone is interested.....
pitchersmom96

by artomatic » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:15 pm

holy crap, so let me get this straight:
not only are they advertising for friendlies hosted by teams that dont exist...they are also advertising they have paid coaches that they don't have yet...
this is getting better all the time...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by True Student » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:22 am

before anything else, is the individual who posted this, have a daughter that was cut? cause then I understand but with all this happenning, one more organization my duaughter wont play for, especially with this economy.
True Student

by anonlooker » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:57 am

My guess is orgs like that won't "cut" kids, they'll simply reclassify them for additional training on the "b" team and continuing collecting fees. It's hard to make money if you're cutting your customers.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by 3 blind mice » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:43 am

exactly, and then you start to wonder...wouldn't these girls (especially the 10 and 12 year olds) be better off staying in a rec program? Or has an organization "pumped Up" so many girls falsely that the rec org is now hurting for players. sure, they may play rec, but prob not all-stars. after all...they have this wonderful, national berth...to AFA! big deal....do the research...it's nothin to write home about.
3 blind mice

by ice_67 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:38 pm

pitchersmom96 wrote:From The Academy Site:

The Academy is the home of Southern California's premier girl's softball training "Academy" and travel softball teams. It houses teams from 18U to 10U and offers the highest quality training, softball instruction and competition.

I don't think there is a market for 10U travel teams in San Diego. Wait until 12U before you make the move. Let your DD have fun in the local Rec leagues, save some money and you won't be burning your kid out. JMO.
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

by bunt-n-run » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:02 pm

I wish some of the Academy parents would reply to this thread. Giving them the benefit of the doubt...I would bet, if asked, that most of the parents are first time TB families that just don't know better. They probably went to the tryout and, the fact that there was the "travel ball" lable attached to it, couldn't wait to sign up when asked. Either that, or they have finally found someone that has told them (FOR A FEE $) what a GREAT player little Suzie is.

BNR
bunt-n-run

by 3 blind mice » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:15 pm

well..shame on the academy front office for cashing in on that...I have seen both the 12 and 14 teams play, and there are girls on there that would never make a good All-Star team...so what is that telling you..I am sure that she (Academy owner) knows that....its a living! I am sure that she is also not telling those parents to "check out" the bucket...so we may never hear their side...although I would love to
3 blind mice

by SkidMarks » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:54 pm

All that income and those Uni's...

Sorry, just sayin.

SM
SkidMarks

by ice_67 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:34 am

3 blind mice wrote:exactly, and then you start to wonder...wouldn't these girls (especially the 10 and 12 year olds) be better off staying in a rec program? Or has an organization "pumped Up" so many girls falsely that the rec org is now hurting for players. sure, they may play rec, but prob not all-stars. after all...they have this wonderful, national berth...to AFA! big deal....do the research...it's nothin to write home about.

From what I hear the local rec league is losing players to this team. I undersdtand 12's and 14's moving to travel, but no way 10U's. These newbie TB parents have no idea what they are getting into.
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

PreviousNext

Return to CA