Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

by All-American SB » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:51 pm

Cannot believe that nobody has commented on this tournament yet. A post about a pole barn gets over 300 replies while the Gold Classification Tournament gets none.

60 teams x $350 per team = $21,000 for So Cal ASA for a tournament where there will only be 80 games. Some teams will only have to play 1 game to be "classified". No wonder ASA approved this procedure.

Sam - how do you like your draw? The toughest draw looks to be the Renegades, Case, Team Smith or the Primetime, Thunder, TNL, Firecrackers section.
All-American SB

by 3Bsnag » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:04 pm

All-American SB wrote:Cannot believe that nobody has commented on this tournament yet. A post about a pole barn gets over 300 replies while the Gold Classification Tournament gets none.

60 teams x $350 per team = $21,000 for So Cal ASA for a tournament where there will only be 80 games. Some teams will only have to play 1 game to be "classified". No wonder ASA approved this procedure.

I have nothing to do with your classification tournaments, but thought that very same thing and did find it a little funny that there are 4 teams that have to win 1 game to be considered gold.

Can't wait to hear how this unfolds this year.
3Bsnag

by Sftbll4ever » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:38 am

Ok, so I will give it a shot as far as the winners bracket and not go into the losers. I'm very sorry if I say something about a really good friend of mines team (Love you Kid!!!)

Dynasty over OC Elite.
Breakers over Crunch-Braden
Courage over Desperados
Pride over Xpress
Raiders over Wicked
3rd Degree over Thunder-Valarie
Jets over Nemesis Elite
VIctory USA over Magic
Sudden Impact over Bustos Elite
(This is a tough one) Pumas over Synergy
Minors Gold over OC Elite
Team Anderson over Fillys Gold
Team Smith over Renegades Tillett
Firecrackers-Ristow over Primtime
(Weakest bracket) Sliderz over Impact
Irvine Sting over Rocksteady

My opinion, most of the games leading up to the Classified bracket are going to be ugly. Maybe some of the coaches should brush up on the "Calling off the dogs" thread.

Here's something to think about. Some of these teams that are very weak, will get into the Gold Regional Qualifier and be 0-2. Now, they are done for the year, and that is in what JUNE. No 18u, no 16u, and no 14u for them. Players can't even play down as they are now going to be classified as GOLD. YIKES!!!

(Edited) Sorry, forgot that once you have your Gold status, you can go to other qualifiers.
Sftbll4ever

by Sam » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:08 am

The entire process is put in place to preclude half of these players from an opportunity to play against elite teams in games that matter in the real qualifier, the Regional tournament, in June. I hope that Region 14 and SoCal ASA is pleased with themselves. Entities that ignore their customers do not last and they will eventually pay for their hubris.

OBTW: The vast majority of teams that were mercied last year at the Regional were NoCals.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Iluvblue » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:11 am

These teams are "Gold." The dogs shouldnt need to be called off, this aint 12u. I think it is a perfect time to score 20 on someone if you can. maybe this will keep those teams where they belong next year, which was the whole purpose of these new procedures to begin with.
Iluvblue

by Bill_B » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:15 am

Sftbll4ever wrote:Ok, so I will give it a shot as far as the winners bracket and not go into the losers. I'm very sorry if I say something about a really good friend of mines team (Love you Kid!!!)

(This is a tough one) Pumas over Synergy <---- Which Pumas?

As noted above, there are two Pumas.
Bill_B

by hotwheels » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:16 am

Iluvblue wrote:These teams are "Gold." The dogs shouldnt need to be called off, this aint 12u. I think it is a perfect time to score 20 on someone if you can. maybe this will keep those teams where they belong next year, which was the whole purpose of these new procedures to begin with.

"And I give you.....the problem with softball".......This was ABSOLUTELY not the whole purpose of these new procedures.....That's an ignorant statement, sorry! The reason for this is MONEY, MONEY, MONEY........I don't care what anybody says....This is about money.....All-American was right on the MONEY.....
hotwheels

by Demonboy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:37 am

All-American SB wrote:Cannot believe that nobody has commented on this tournament yet. A post about a pole barn gets over 300 replies while the Gold Classification Tournament gets none.

Sam - how do you like your draw? The toughest draw looks to be the Renegades, Case, Team Smith or the Primetime, Thunder, TNL, Firecrackers section.

With all due respect a tournament to determine who doesn't totally suck doesn't have quite the luster of a good pole barn discussion.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by hotwheels » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:01 am

Demonboy wrote:

With all due respect a tournament to determine who doesn't totally suck doesn't have quite the luster of a good pole barn discussion.

Demonboy is right.....I mean it was the POLE BARN......We already know who sucks and who doesn't and I don't think a tournament is needed to prove it.......Let's talk Pole Barn
hotwheels

Next

Return to CA