Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

PFX Tournament- Not a good use of time

by jefff » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:36 pm

Made the mistake of playing in this - 7 hours gaps between games, a Friday "manager meeting" at 5:00 pm that is unreachable, rule changes from pool game to game , and now, We have no idea of game times for sunday though its 1030 pm! because they cant get to a computer.

With the fires, you would think the group their website but that be asking too much.

With all the teams playing in Socal, you would think someone could actually run a decent organized tournament as the demand has to be there.

Live and learn, I guess - I will not do this one, again. Anyone else doing this found it, worthwhile?

Still no times and after finding a number , we get an 8 am start time as teams left the tournament....sorry, what a joke this outfit is.
jefff

by weekend4trvl » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:07 pm

What happened to this tournament. Canceled due to fires ?
weekend4trvl

by fastpitchfever » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:19 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by fastpitchfever on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
fastpitchfever

by weekend4trvl » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:23 pm

fastpitchfever wrote:No! They were long gaps between games. So that everyone could participate in the fun......

No one is posting scores...that's rare
weekend4trvl

by It's me! » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:50 pm

At 10pm we were told that our game was schedule for 9:30am. Then we got another phone call at 12:30am saying the game had changed....... It was crazy.....
It's me!

by BallGame » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:27 am

It's me! wrote:At 10pm we were told that our game was schedule for 9:30am. Then we got another phone call at 12:30am saying the game had changed....... It was crazy.....

Yes it was crazy! The fires screwed up a few teams and scheduleds had to be change on the fly. Some teams that registered just didn't show up, no phone calls at all. When things like this happen, people need to be a little understanding and forgiving.
BallGame

by cantbelievemyeyes » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:02 am

Props to the Team Smith Parents for working their tails off all weekend, but, yes, things seemed to be poorly organized. At least I know what I'm doing when I retire..... umpire. I'll make sure I where my glasses though.
cantbelievemyeyes

by as the world turns » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:26 am

BallGame wrote:
It's me! wrote:At 10pm we were told that our game was schedule for 9:30am. Then we got another phone call at 12:30am saying the game had changed....... It was crazy.....

Yes it was crazy! The fires screwed up a few teams and scheduleds had to be change on the fly. Some teams that registered just didn't show up, no phone calls at all. When things like this happen, people need to be a little understanding and forgiving.

Fires or no fires, this thing was screwed up from the begining, please tell me how the fires changed anything. Were there any games cancelled? 1:15 championship games, friendlies offer more. I never heard of some of the teams that participated at this tournament. Please tell me what did the $$$$$ support? Pro softball?
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by BallGame » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:41 am

as the world turns wrote:
BallGame wrote:

Fires or no fires, this thing was screwed up from the begining, please tell me how the fires changed anything. Were there any games cancelled? 1:15 championship games, friendlies offer more. I never heard of some of the teams that participated at this tournament. Please tell me what did the $$$$$ support? Pro softball?

Slow your roll dude!!! Some teams did not show up on Sat. and a few got caught in the OC fire, some games were canelled and some rescheduled on Saturday. Some teams failed to show up Sunday to play. That forced a schedule change for other teams.
Now as for the money end of the deal, Teamsith got to work the snackbar and fields. All the other proceeds went to PFX. PFX set up the tournament and schedules. Now as for the teams that entered, there were alot of unknowns and some well known teams. The bottome line is, the Girl got to meet the Pro and Olympic players. Every were I looked the young ladies were smiling from ear to ear.
BallGame

by catchersmom » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:09 am

Did it promote pro softball? DUH....... Yes sure there were some problems but your comment about the pro softball is totally naive. You can not tell me you did not expect this tournament to be different. It was clearly published early on what it was based on. The amateurs playing in the same tournament that pro games would be played. Meet and greet sessions, clinics, etc...
It was very exciting especially for the younger girls to be and play in that atmosphere.
catchersmom

Next

Return to CA