Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Vacating the base?

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by wadeintothem » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:39 pm

I dont know about some first base coaches. What are they watching? I guess they think their job is too look cool in a golf shirt and straw hat, dunno.

Sometimes they are completely brain dead and asleep. They let their runners get back doored, wander off a base, or whatever.

I have accidentally heckled a few coaches who fell asleep and let their runners get picked off or done something similar. And a really nice vocal sell out with eye contact when they let their runner get dumped is always fun too.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:25 am

LMAO >> no heckilng Wade ... few years back, a couple local HS Base Coaches here didn't take their hands out of their pockets until half way through the season ... never spoke to their base runners while the ball was live, only after a play was over to congrat them or bark at them ... never gave them a situation and never motioned to them while they were running ... not really sure what they thought their job description was ... :lol:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by hit4power » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:22 pm

At the same tournament that started this thread, I saw another coach who was at 3B with his Starbucks cup for the whole game. Gave the signs with one hand. We finally decided that the indicator sign was moving the cup to his left hand.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner