Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Dropped 3rd

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by clintbos » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:05 pm

No need to quote MTR he just posted the explanations, and Imperial has the information and he will be better informed.
clintbos

by clintbos » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:12 pm

MTR wrote:
Imperial SB Dad wrote:Am I wrong the runner coming from home is a force out at first??????

Well, you are, but it is not uncommon for many as the effects are relatively the same.

He has said this twice, and maybe I used the wrong word "Semantics", but I never argued it's point. I have never said "Force out" at 1B in any of my prior post, only used the word "put out" as the book says and understood the difference between the two.
clintbos

by clintbos » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:26 pm

UmpSteve wrote:One more thing; I, for one, am over hearing about how you don't have a rule book. If you had registered with an ASA team as a coach, or an umpire, you would have one. But, you know what, I have plenty of the (soon to be slightly outdated) 2011 rule books available. Participant (team) version, not umpire version, so no umpire manual, but the rules and rules supplements are the same.

If you are willing to PM me your name and mailing address, I will even eat the $2.00+- postage to mail you one. If you plan to umpire where you claim, I know I will need to interact with you at some point (maybe already have with you as a parent), so I am willing to make that small investment in your education.

Thanks for the offer but I have all ready received the ASA DVD Mechanics from my Assigner (pretty funny we used to call them "Bookie") and I imagine I will get a book on the Jan 15th meeting. Regardless, I am sure I will be ready for the season. That 2.00 would be better served drinking a beer and I will even have 1 with ya if you want. Cause I am pretty sure I know you but I am just a Parent as far as you are concerned. Actually do alot of scorekeeping.

I do have a quick question...I assume there is a test to qualify for ASA J.O. Fastpitch. Will this test include the slow pitch stuff as well.
clintbos

by UmpSteve » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:30 pm

clintbos wrote:
UmpSteve wrote:One more thing; I, for one, am over hearing about how you don't have a rule book. If you had registered with an ASA team as a coach, or an umpire, you would have one. But, you know what, I have plenty of the (soon to be slightly outdated) 2011 rule books available. Participant (team) version, not umpire version, so no umpire manual, but the rules and rules supplements are the same.

If you are willing to PM me your name and mailing address, I will even eat the $2.00+- postage to mail you one. If you plan to umpire where you claim, I know I will need to interact with you at some point (maybe already have with you as a parent), so I am willing to make that small investment in your education.

Thanks for the offer but I have all ready received the ASA DVD Mechanics from my Assigner (pretty funny we used to call them "Bookie") and I imagine I will get a book on the Jan 15th meeting. Regardless, I am sure I will be ready for the season. That 2.00 would be better served drinking a beer and I will even have 1 with ya if you want. Cause I am pretty sure I know you but I am just a Parent as far as you are concerned. Actually do alot of scorekeeping.

I do have a quick question...I assume there is a test to qualify for ASA J.O. Fastpitch. Will this test include the slow pitch stuff as well.

The standard ASA test is formatted to separate the handful of questions which are "slowpitch only" from those that are "fastpitch only" , with the majority actually applying to both.
UmpSteve
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:50 am

clintbos wrote:
MTR wrote:
Imperial SB Dad wrote:Am I wrong the runner coming from home is a force out at first??????

Well, you are, but it is not uncommon for many as the effects are relatively the same.

He has said this twice, and maybe I used the wrong word "Semantics", but I never argued it's point. I have never said "Force out" at 1B in any of my prior post, only used the word "put out" as the book says and understood the difference between the two.

From the other thread which we are not discussing :

The Black Knight ( aka Clintbos :lol: ) says :

"Someone said... there is no such thing as a force out at first base huh!!!!. The only time it IS NOT a force out is if she has already reached the bag safely which by default means she has to touch the bag before the ball is caught by the first baseman. "

BTW Clintbos, glad you liked the Black Knight ... I wasn't really a Python fan either, but that skit and "in Search Of The Holy Grail" was their best effort, IMO ... It'd be a good rent on a rainy day when you're feeling the need to laugh ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by clintbos » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:35 am

Ok you got me...maybe I should said before we seriously started discussing the force out I never said it. That post was for the benefit of Sean Jordan. Majority of the coaches, parents, scorekeepers alike consider any out not requiring a tag, infractions of rules, etc... a force out. But I always new the book said "put out". And dare I say it, as far as missing the bag she is still in jeopardy of being put out on a proper appeal for missing the bag.
clintbos

by Imperial SB Dad » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:01 pm

Thank you for the clarification MTR. I get it now.

I did not realize this same argument was going on in that other thread too. It was fun watching the shit storm spill over here too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Imperial SB Dad

by jonriv » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:02 pm

I think I dislike Clintbos as much as Drop Dead time limits :D
jonriv

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:05 pm

jonriv wrote:I think I dislike Clintbos as much as Drop Dead time limits :D

Tis' the season .... Clintbos was just earning his wings ... :lol:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Battle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:20 pm

MTR:
Would the play at first be considered a "force play" if not a "force out" and how long has it been considered that way?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

PreviousNext

Return to The Umpire Corner