Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Obstruction SNAFU

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by Iluvblue » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:53 am

onlooker

You "had blue call you out 2 times for leaving early"... to end the 3rd,

you should try reading. Did I say to end the third, I said to END INNINGS. But yeah, you are right, we were trying to run it up big time. I was really trying to break 40 runs. Was really pissed they scored, ruined my day.

Look around, there are blowouts like this in every sport, every year. There was a 50 run win in baseball by a team that has a HOF local coach that had been coaching for over 30 years this season. Im sure he was trying to run it up also. Go look at some St.Marys out of Stockton basketball scores... 95-10 isnt all that uncommon for them.
Iluvblue

by anonlooker » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:49 am

Iluvblue wrote:onlooker

You "had blue call you out 2 times for leaving early"... to end the 3rd,

you should try reading. Did I say to end the third, I said to END INNINGS. But yeah, you are right, we were trying to run it up big time. I was really trying to break 40 runs. Was really pissed they scored, ruined my day.

Look around, there are blowouts like this in every sport, every year. There was a 50 run win in baseball by a team that has a HOF local coach that had been coaching for over 30 years this season. Im sure he was trying to run it up also. Go look at some St.Marys out of Stockton basketball scores... 95-10 isnt all that uncommon for them.

Just because others do it doesn't make it any less heinous, or any more justifiable.

So what innings did you have runners walk off? The first up 12-0? The 2nd, after scoring 11 more to go up by 23? Or the third, after scoring 6 more? The 4th, after scoring 8 more? According to someone at the game you were stealing bases right up to 37!

The game was never in doubt from the onset. You load up your school with your own travel ball players, then you humiliate your opponents so badly, they won't even play you anymore! They cancelled your games rather than subject the players to your lack of sportsmanship, and common decency. And your defense is that somebody else did it, so you should too. Nice.

Winning! :lol: :roll: :roll:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by lv2earat8 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:57 am

Winning! :lol: :roll: :roll:
Try it, you will like it.

I just love of the parents of kids who played on teams that have been schooled by Reid.
Get over it!
God is great,beer is good,people are CRAZY!
lv2earat8

by MTR » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:21 pm

Iluvblue wrote:I agree with you, those rankings dont mean much, but if you are on it, you dont suck.

There are plenty of good umps (the ump that blew the call today is very good IMO), and I wasnt even involved in the original post. But for any ump to defend the original call(in this thread) is typical. Just admit he screwed up.... especially after he put the kid back to 2nd base. But you just cant do it, you just cant say he screwed up. The guy could have said you get 4 strikes and you would still try to justify what he did.

Bull, I'm not trying to "justify" anything other than the fact HE did his job using his JUDGMENT given the information that was available to HIM at the time of the OBS.

I cannot say the umpire screwed up for two reasons:

#1, IT WAS HIS JUDGMENT. You may not agree with it, but it was HIS judgment.
#2. I wasn't there and am only hearing one side of the story.

And, BTW, any umpire's strongest critic is another umpire. And that criticism is very often more accurate and useful that of a non-umpire because of the training and experience. Umpires are trained to NOT be spectators and look at plays in a very different manner than those who have a horse in the race.
MTR

by Bretman » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:11 am

MTR wrote:And, BTW, any umpire's strongest critic is another umpire.

I think that for the conscientious umpire, one who really cares about the job he does and how he does it, the strongest critic for that umpire is himself.
Click Here >>> To Visit The Glove Shop On-Line
Bretman

by GIMNEPIWO » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:21 am

Bretman wrote:

I think that for the conscientious umpire, one who really cares about the job he does and how he does it, the strongest critic for that umpire is himself.

I will concur with both statements with one caveat ... That being in the definition of 'Umpire' you include the phrase : ' one who gives a sh*t ' ... Because like in every other line of work or play, there are those who do not ... ;)
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Iluvblue » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:11 am

The game was never in doubt from the onset. You load up your school with your own travel ball players, then you humiliate your opponents so badly, they won't even play you anymore!

Start going down the list of players and how I loaded up a HS team that I have only been at for 2 seasons with "My travelball players." Please do, but of course you wont. You make some crazy ass claim that you have no basis for. What it really is, is an excuse for a team getting their butts handed to them and a way to explain away a team that gets coached over many that dont.

But Im waiting for your explanation of how I loaded a team up with players from my travel team. By the way, there are only 2 kids on the HS team that play travel for me. And they didnt start playing travel for me until AFTER my 1st season at the HS.

Explain away.
Iluvblue

by anonlooker » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:53 am

The best way to duck a question is to ask a marginally related question, thus diverting the topic away from the primary question... nice try.

Your the one who put out there that you even had runners walk off base to get out, like it was a fine sporsmanlike move on your part. Why is it so hard to answer for why you were still piling it on even after taking - 20-0 lead?

If you're such a wonderful guy and great coach, why did you humiliate this other school to the extent they won't even play you again?
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by MTR » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:25 pm

Bretman wrote:

A few quantifiers there, but I agree.

However, my point was more along the lines that umpires don't cover for other umpires like many people believe.
MTR

by sftblldud » Sat May 07, 2011 11:24 am

sftblldud wrote:
MTR wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:A simple statement of ignorance. Apparently, the good umpires don't work your games. Is the competition that bad? The rule is SIMPLE and easily enforced and understandable for those who get it when it comes to the game.

Since you want to bring abilities into, look at the list, we are on it.

USA Today/NFCA High School Top 25 -- April 28, 2011
The USA Today/National Fastpitch Coaches Association High School Top 25 is compiled by state representatives from across the country. Records include all games played through April 24, 2011. Among the criteria considered is a school's strength of schedule, the quality of competition in its state or league, and the quality of its players.

Rank Team Record Pts Pvs
1 The Woodlands (Texas) 32-0 0 1
2 American Heritage (Florida) 21-0 0 2
3 Alexander Central (North Carolina) 17-0 0 3
4 East Lake (Florida) 25-0 0 4
5 Hudsonville (Michigan) 4-0 0 5
6 Plano (Texas) 30-3 0 6
7 Canyon del Oro (Arizona) 27-1 0 7
8 Riverdale (Tennessee) 35-2 0 8
9 Coronado (Texas) 32-0 0 9
10 Gulliver Prep (Florida) 26-2 0 11
11 Barbe (Louisiana) 25-2 0 13
12 Bartow (Florida) 24-1 0 15
13 Kaukauna (Wisconsin) 3-0 0 14
14 Bishop O'Connell (Virginia) 14-1 0 16
15 Northern (Maryland) 10-0 0 17
16 Poland Seminary (Ohio) 9-0 0 18
17 Morris Knolls (New Jersey) 11-0 0 19
18 Etiwanda (California) 17-2 0 20
19 Valencia (California) 17-3 0 10
20 Elk Grove (Illinois) 12-1 0 22
21 Frisco Wakeland (Texas) 28-3 0 23
22 Lake Norman (North Carolina) 19-1 0 25
23 Sarasota (Florida) 24-2 0 NR
24 North Davidson (North Carolina) 16-1 0 12
25 Sunrise Mountain (Arizona) 22-1 0 NR
25 Johansen (California) 16-0 0 NR

Is that good enough competition?

You're kidding, right? These are a joke, just as any self-serving HS "poll" or "ranking". Wait a minute, I heard the National Archieves just threw everything out and will just reference Wikipedia from now on! Yeah, another accurate and valid source.

You need to get over yourself. You are simply whining about not getting your way and it is everyone's fault, but yours, right? Complaining about umpires not knowing the rules or not making the right call seems to be standard. Where are the good umpires? Or are that all that bad? Funny, I've heard the umpiring is pretty good out there, so who else can be blamed?

Go sit down, coach.

16-0 in California and only ranked 25th, WOW!!!! Pitching will be your downfall!!! Plenty of good hitters for HS may get you far in Sections, but Pitching is skeptical.

You think your HS team can beat the Grapes(Gomes)... Toss a coin, uh.

Iluvpink has been MIA for over a weak(Ha). That's because I just checked on his HS team and saw that they loss to a 19-11 team from Clovis. CARMA for all the talk. :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :o
hey rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my pants
sftblldud

PreviousNext

Return to The Umpire Corner