Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

ARIZONA 10U RANKINGS/NEWS/TOURNEYS

by AZwatcher » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Sorry wasn't talking about the tournament standings! Meant over all......

But if your talking about the tournament Wilfire & Thundercats tied for 3rd........there is never a playoff to determine 3rd!!! NO 4th place.....

Although something to think about...........

A very good weekend of Softball in all divisions it sounded like in Tucson......
AZwatcher

by AzFpFan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:59 pm

Liberty in 10's this weekend.Who finishes second?
AzFpFan

by 98dad » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:41 pm

What make you so sure Liberty will win 10's?

They just lost 9-2 to Desert Kaos last week and WildFire beat them before that. Heard there #1 pitched against DK.
98dad

by AzFpFan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Wildfire has been playing good. all desert kaos teams play their big kids down as long as possible.99 team.even if they win , they lose.dont count.
AzFpFan

by AZwatcher » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Not sure who will win should be a good tournament!

But Liberty tied Kaos 99 in a friendly last week but not sure either team played to win! Each used multiple pitchers. Liberty's #1 pitched 1 shutout inning but not sure if Kaos even used their #1. Both teams did great and the coaches accomplished what they needed to getting their girls game experience.

The prior weekend Wildfire, Extreme and Liberty played in a friendly. All were 1-1. Liberty lost to Wildfire 3-2 in a well played game. Liberty did not throw their #1 at all in either game but again not sure the others did either.

Shoud be a good tournament........ :mrgreen:
AZwatcher

by 97Cats » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:30 am

Trying to get the conversation going for 10u. Since the Suncats team has officially moved up to 12u who's the #1 10u team?
IMO it's a close one between the 00 CATS and Liberty... with the Thundercats 00 team coming in at a close 3rd.
Theres going to be some changes in 10u Tucson scenery. Some of the Tucson teams lost some 99 girls, Tucson Blaze and Cobras were both playing with quite a few 99s. 00 Diamonds lost a few girls who were also 99s and word is their #1 pitcher, who is a 00 and their ACE is moving to the 00 Thundercats team... Thundercats have also picked up a pitcher from the 00 CATS team, so in addition to their 3 or 4 pitchers they already have looks like they are going to be pretty loaded in the pitching department. Here is my opinion on the rankings now that the fall season is over.. However, if all the rumors about the Thundercats team are true, then I think they will be moving up to #1

#1 - 2000 CATS
Notable wins/finishes - 1st place Pitch for the Cure tournament, 2nd place Julie Reitan Tournament. Have consistently finished in the top 3 for the entire fall season. Pitcher they lost to the Thundercats was not their ace or a core position player... as long as they dont lose any key players they should continue to be a strong team next year.

#2 - 2000 Liberty
Notable wins - I've only seen this team play a couple of times in the Julie Reitan and I believe Fiesta de Tucson tournament. Julie Reitan they lost to the Thundercats in a very good close game. From what I hear, they have performed well in the Phoenix tourneys and are a very solid team.

#3- 00 Thundercats
Notable Wins- I dont think this team won 1st place in any tourneys this fall, please correct me if Im wrong.. but they did play well in almost every tourney. They took 3rd in the Julie Reitan losing to a very good 00 CATS team, and took 2nd in the Toys 4 Tots tournament losing to the excellent 99 Suncats team. IF all the rumors and the pickups are true about this team they should come out very strong next year.

#4 Wildfire
- Im not sure if this team is losing any players.. but I saw them playing in the semis against the Diamonds in the JR tourney and they are a very scrappy team that has probably been the most improved of the season.

# 5 SV Diamonds- They took 1st place in the Julie Reitan and 2nd in the Pitch for the Cure losing to the 00 CATS . However, if the rumors are true, this team is breaking up, and their pitcher is moving to the Thundercats
97Cats

by sbd-dad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:03 pm

After watching the Championship game this weekend USSSA I think Liberty is #1! They got beat by a 1999 team but their pitcher was crazy! The Kaos99 pitcher was also very good but their were at least 5 hard line drives right to girls by the Liberty batters (2 or 3 in the extras)
I have not seen the AZ Cats since the Liberty friendly and they were very solid but unless their pitcher is throwing in the 50's Liberty would get the edge for #1 based on pitching alone.

I do think the 3 teams are pretty equal and all will beat each other on any given Sunday but if you play 10 vs each team Liberty would win 7!

I know Thundercats beat Liberty last time up in Tucson but I also heard only 5 total batters reached base vs their pitcher.
sbd-dad

by Smom97 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:22 am

Thunderats are not known for getting too many batters on, but let me tell you they will push those batters through and win games. They got a great coach who knows how to win.
Liberty does have one of the top pitchers in the state, probably the best in the state but I think putting all bias aside, and ending this fall season the number 1 team was the CATS. I think overall they simply won more games and played better more times than not. Next year its gonna be a whole new ballgame. The Thundercats are picking up the SV Diamonds pitcher. She may not be on everyones radar yet because she wasnt on the best team before, she didnt have a lot of offense and defense helping her out, and the Diamonds didnt play all that much BUT she will probably rival the Liberty pitcher as the best in the State. We clocked her in the Julie Reitan tournament and she was throwing in the low 50s and she has great location. She consistently throws in the low 50s and her location has only gotten better. Shes a big girl with a lot of power who is going to do great with the Thundercats.
As for the CATS pitcher their ACE is a 3rd grader who is an excellent pitcher she doesnt throw super hard but shes a great pitcher that will jam you and throw batters off with her off speed. Shes good but Thundercats and Liberty will definitely have the advantage in the pitching department... but you cant count the CATS out they have good defense a very good 3rd baseman and shortstop who very rarely let anything get through.. its gonna be a great battle betwenn these 3 teams hopefully they play more next year.

My opinion on the rankings for this fall:
CATS
Thundercats
Liberty

Next Year:
Thundercats
Liberty
CATS
Smom97

by AZwatcher » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:34 pm

This is what I know Liberty has done vs the top teams in 10U teams since End of July 2010 when only their 2000's started playing together.

Liberty - 0-1 vs Suncats (as far as I can tell only competitive 7 inning game Suncats had in 10U, score 0-5), 1-0 vs AZ Cats "although a friendly and 1 run game", 2-2 vs Thundercats,1 of the wins was in a friendly - 1-1 on Sundays every game down to the wire! 3-1 vs Sierra Vista Diamonds (2-0 #1 vs #1)

Liberty has only lost the above games along with losing in friendly to Wildfire by 1 run and losing in 11 innings to Kaos99 by 1 run in the Championship of last Tournament of 2010. Liberty played 40+ games since July and has lost 6 total games. Winning 3 tournaments.........Liberty's #2 pitcher is also strong with very good location and nice change of speed. It will be nice to see how the teams shake out in 2011 with all the projected changes occuring in Tucson. :|
AZwatcher

by 98dad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:19 pm

And who would be Libertys #2 pitcher in your opinion?

Its hugh drop from Libertys #1 to #2, without #99 pitching they are an average team.JMO
98dad

PreviousNext

Return to AZ