Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

ARIZONA 14U RANKINGS/NEWS/TOURNEYS

by MAD-DOG99 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:14 pm

1. AZ STEALTH 96 -

#1 Team this past 14u Season. ASA State Champions.
Great pitching and excellent coaching to boot.
This team played well at Nationals and showed they are the cream of the crop in Az right now at 14's.

2. DESERT THUNDER 96-

Great organization with quality teams at every level.
Have been playing up from the start and showing they can hang.

3. AZ CATS 96 –

A '96 Team that the core group has been together for a couple years.

4. 96 SCOTTSDALE FEVER-

Great core and very good pitching.
They represented well at Westerns and can hold their own with anybody.
Great coaches and a team of big bats.

5. LI'L SAINTS 14U-

Very good returning players with Nationals experience and excellent coaching.
Very good pitching, they just need to fine tune the new lineup, but always represent.

6. TUCSON AZTECS 14U-

This team was a '96/'97 team that did compete very well this past 14u season.

7.TEAM VELOCITY 96-

Another very good Tucson team with very good coaches and an excellent history
of competative play.

8. DT BLUE-

Very solid group that has played well to date.
Another good showing in the slapper, they have played well consistently.

9. TUCSON SCRAMBLERS 14U-

Always competative putting a great product on the field at all times.
Very solid all around with another excellent showing this weekend.

10. TEAM ARIZONA 97-

This is another '97 team moving up again with a very good experienced ASA coach.
Picked up some excellent players to add to an already potent lineup.

11. CM COBRAS 14U-

This '97 team was the # 1 ranked 12u team this past season along with also winning the 12u ASA State Championship.
Great lineup that can play anywhere and all can swing the bat.

12. AZ HOTSHOTS 97-

This '97 teams core players & coaching staff has been together for a few years and we will see if this group can add the players & depth they will need to compete with the top 14u "A" teams this fall season.Combining 2 great 12U teams ,makes for a good start to a very good 14U team...

13. AZ HOTSHOTS 96-

Didn't play against the top teams as much as everyone would have liked last year, but look to be in fine form and ready this fall.

14. THUNDERHAWKS 14U-

Solid team that is predominantly '96 birth years. Also played tough competition and competed all season long.
As you heard from Az Dad, great pickups from a very good Gemz team.

15. AZ WILDFIRE-

Very good top 5 12U team from last year with very good players and good pitching.
Very good coaches that have always had this team ready to play against anyone.
MAD-DOG99

by JimHenry » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Stealth
Az Hots Shots 96
Scottsdale Fever
Az Cats 96
Desert Thunder 96
Team Arizona

These teams (and a few more) are participating in the Stealth Friendly on Nov 6 & 7.
Another great lineup of the top rated teams and even if it is a freindly there will be some solid softball to see.
Play With Honor
JimHenry

by 97Cats » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:07 pm

JimHenry wrote:Stealth
Az Hots Shots 96
Scottsdale Fever
Az Cats 96
Desert Thunder 96
Team Arizona

These teams (and a few more) are participating in the Stealth Friendly on Nov 6 & 7.
Another great lineup of the top rated teams and even if it is a freindly there will be some solid softball to see.

Really looking forward to the Stealth friendly.. like you said even if it is just a friendly Im sure the teams will bring their A game.
97Cats

by jefe » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:49 pm

Smart softball guys. These teams will be that much better for these matchups early in the season. This looks like alot of quality ball for your softball buck. Good luck, looking forward to watching the AZ teams grow over the 2010-2011 season.
jefe

by CookinginAz » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:13 pm

MADD-DOGG99, Great job with the rankings. I know these rankings are put together for fun and discussion. In that spirit, here is my observation regarding the AZ Cats 96. I think the Cats should be pleased that they are thought of as one of the top teams in the state; however, are you aware that the Cats have beaten DT 96 the last four or five times they have played? I am not suggesting that the Cats should be ranked number two or that it even matters at this point in the season, but rather they have not lost to DT 96 in quite some time. I am sure this comment will inspire a response from the DT 96 faithful. Please take my observation in good fun and spirit...
CookinginAz

by 97Cats » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Yea I think Cats and DT 96 are both equally good. One or the other can win on any given day. I love me my Cats.. but you gotta give DT 96 props they did take 1st in the labor day 16u tourney.. and took 3rd playing 18u in this past weekends Slapper tourney. Both CATS and DT are great programs.. either one could be considered top 3 on any given weekend in changing order.. that's how close these teams are.
97Cats

by 97Cats » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Yea I think Cats and DT 96 are both equally good. One or the other can win on any given day. I love me my Cats.. but you gotta give DT 96 props they did take 1st in the labor day 16u tourney.. and took 3rd playing 18u in this past weekends Slapper tourney. And the Cats have also done great playing 16s taking 1st or 2nd...Both CATS and DT are great programs.. either one could be considered top 3 on any given weekend in changing order.. that's how close these teams are.
97Cats

by CookinginAz » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:02 am

We all have our bias opinions here. That is what makes this board a good place to communicate with other bias individuals!! Anybody doing a ranking of any age group here has a motive and that's all good.

DT96 is a great program but the truth is in the numbers! The Cats have won the last 4-5 times out. But you or anyone else can put DT96 at number one in the state if needed.

As someone said on another board, "the truth will come out at Nationals, all this won't matter then."

Have a good day! 8-)
CookinginAz

by MAD-DOG99 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:23 am

SAINTS, FEVER, TEAM AZ playing 16's

Good luck to all teams this weekend....!!!
MAD-DOG99

PreviousNext

Return to AZ