Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

14U TOP 10 TEAM RANKING (Arizona) UPDATED–Feb 3, 2010

by Politico » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:42 am

Politico has been Hijacked :cry:
Last edited by Politico on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Politico

by sftblljunkie » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Desert Scorpions will be losing a few players this year as they are aging out. I cant believe you would pick DT Blue over the Tucson AZtecs. Are you just going for the "DT" name? If you check their record, you'll see they are struggling. They got lucky in a bracket once and managed to grab 2nd. Shockwave should have been playing 16u this fall season as they are also aging up. They shouldn't be around this coming spring. I also thought the Cheetahs were leveling up and out of the 14u bracket? Why weren't the Cats 96 mentioned?
No blood.....No bone.....No tears. Suck it up!!!
sftblljunkie

by DsrtScorpion » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:53 am

Desert Scorpions will be playing in the Spring. The team has added more 96 players to the roster and the majority of 94's have moved up.

sftblljunkie, why don't you create a Tucson top 5? most of the 14u Tucson teams simply cannot compete at the same level as the Phoenix teams and are missing from this list.
DsrtScorpion

by Politico » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:45 pm

Last edited by Politico on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:53 am, edited 18 times in total.
Politico

by Politico » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:47 pm

Last edited by Politico on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Politico

by itsnotsoft » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:04 pm

DsrtScorpion wrote:Desert Scorpions will be playing in the Spring. The team has added more 96 players to the roster and the majority of 94's have moved up.

sftblljunkie, why don't you create a Tucson top 5? most of the 14u Tucson teams simply cannot compete at the same level as the Phoenix teams and are missing from this list.

I agree with DsrtScorpion, It would be nice to see what a local views as the top teams in Tucson. This would help to get them on the radar and see who should be in the mix. I am not sure Cats 96 is ready for the top 10 list of Arizona however I dont get to see Tucson all that often so its possible. They do have a good coach and were a pretty good team last year. Cats should come to one of the local tournaments in Phoenix when the other top teams are in it just to test their game.
itsnotsoft

by TheMachine » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:41 pm

itsnotsoft wrote:
DsrtScorpion wrote:Desert Scorpions will be playing in the Spring. The team has added more 96 players to the roster and the majority of 94's have moved up.

I agree with DsrtScorpion, It would be nice to see what a local views as the top teams in Tucson. This would help to get them on the radar and see who should be in the mix. I am not sure Cats 96 is ready for the top 10 list of Arizona however I dont get to see Tucson all that often so its possible. They do have a good coach and were a pretty good team last year. Cats should come to one of the local tournaments in Phoenix when the other top teams are in it just to test their game.

Has any one from Tucson seen the post Lil Saints 14u Friendly Nov 7th & 8th any Results? :? http://www.heybucket.com/viewtopic.php?f=399&t=10063 If you saw that one and read it you would know the Cats96 may not be ready for the top 10 yet - see how they do in the Winter Classic 1st before you put them in the top 10.

What the Tucson teams need to do is play more tournaments against the Top 10 teams to see how they do ;) I see DT96 is traveling to play top teams :D good for them!!!!!
Greatness is a way of life
TheMachine

by itsnotsoft » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:15 am

If a team is playing 14u in the fall but must move up in the spring should they be considered for any rankings they realistically do not belong in? Technically yes they do belong but it seems to be an accepted standard among the quality teams to play in the age bracket or above it for the upcoming season.
Something I noticed is you never see hotshots, lilsaints, outlaws, desert wolves or fever playing at the lowest age level they can get by with. (Sorry if I missed any big orgs in that list no disrespect intended)
itsnotsoft

by TheMachine » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:06 am

It looks like the Winter Classic will be A CLASSIC :mrgreen: 7 of the Top 10 teams are playing. 4 of the Top 4 can finally duke it out, :o be it in the 16U division but who cares at this point.

I also see their are a # of Tucson teams coming up to play in the 14U division along with 3 of the final 6 Top 10 teams. GOOD LUCK TO ALL, this should be one exciting end of year tournament!
Greatness is a way of life
TheMachine

by wait...what??? » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:42 am

itsnotsoft wrote:

I am a DT96 parent and IMHO Desert Scorpions and DT96 are clearly the two best 14U Tucson teams. The 96 Cats have a lot of talent, but for whatever reasons, it hasn't translated to a lot of success on the field lately. The AZTecs have some talent. They seem to have started playing some better competition lately which should only help them continue to improve. As for the rest of the Tucson teams, I can't think of any that belong in the discussion.
wait...what???

PreviousNext

Return to AZ