Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

CF4 v. CF3 (gold)?

What's on your mind?

by jofus » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:14 am

I know the CF4 just came out, but I figured someone here may have tried one out already....does anyone know how it compares to the CF3?

And, is there a difference in the CF3 black and CF3 gold other than color?

TIA, we're a little behind here in the hills, so I count on you guys to give me good information on new bats :)
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
User avatar
jofus
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:01 am

by REALLY » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:18 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6306

Don;t have either but here was a post about them a few weeks ago
In the immortal words of the great Spazsdad "Don't get all butt hurt" ;)Image
User avatar
REALLY
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:12 pm

by Under the Radar » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:19 pm

jofus wrote:I know the CF4 just came out, but I figured someone here may have tried one out already....does anyone know how it compares to the CF3?

And, is there a difference in the CF3 black and CF3 gold other than color?

TIA, we're a little behind here in the hills, so I count on you guys to give me good information on new bats :)


There is no difference in the Gold & Black just the color limited. CF4 is the same bat with a couple modafications.

Smaller handle & grip. Stronger paint as the CF3 chipped alot. Other than that it is virtually the same bat. only $20.00 more than CF3
User avatar
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:40 am

by jofus » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:42 pm

My DD likes smaller handles and grips (she's using a TZ now). Her favorite bat she's ever had was a Demarini (F2), and she's started asking for a new bat ("I've had this Techzilla for almost a year, Daddy..."), and has been eyeing the CF3's.
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
User avatar
jofus
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:01 am

by Texas19 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:57 pm

We have a CF4 two weeks old dont know if there is a break-in time or not never had one before. But went back to the Rocketech for our last tourney. Not enough pop yet at least not as much as the rocketech still to early to tell i guess. will continue to use it and see what happens. :roll:
Texas19
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:52 pm

by etx bd » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:05 pm

There are several CF3's on DD's team. I just bought hers a couple of weeks ago. The handle is a checked grey instead of the red and it seems to be thinner. I think the new CF3 has a CF4 handle. I don't know but she loves it.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books
User avatar
etx bd
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: East Texas

by J.D. » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:07 pm

CF3 gold is a limited addition bat. The only difference between the CF3 Gold and the CF3 Black is the color combo. CF4 has a slightly smaller grip and a larger "sweet spot" than the CF3. Looks like Demarini improved the "CF" bat in 2010. Not like Eastons 2008 vs 2009.
J.D.
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:28 pm

by darkaspain » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:06 pm

Isnt hte CF5 coming out in November?
User avatar
darkaspain
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 2:11 pm


Return to Fastpitch Discussions