Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

6/30/2013If your daughter is 13 or older this is a must read

What's on your mind?

by PDad » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:56 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:Have you had any hits from coaches, outtahere?

My DD has not and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or just being impatient since we have only been on for a short time. I guess I thought I'd see at least one coach want to know how a non-verballed 5'8" power hitting 3B from Southern CA playing 18U was doing at TCS Sparkler.

I figure I must be doing something wrong. :?

I gotta give you credit for almost giving it 3 whole days. You're obviously much more patient now than Oct 4, 2010 when you got all worked up because no one replied to your post in 30-90 minutes...

Were there many coaches watching the Sparkler Supplemental Power Pools? Looks like they were playing up near Boulder.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:15 pm

PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:Have you had any hits from coaches, outtahere?

My DD has not and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or just being impatient since we have only been on for a short time. I guess I thought I'd see at least one coach want to know how a non-verballed 5'8" power hitting 3B from Southern CA playing 18U was doing at TCS Sparkler.

I figure I must be doing something wrong. :?

I gotta give you credit for almost giving it 3 whole days. You're obviously much more patient now than Oct 4, 2010 when you got all worked up because no one replied to your post in 30-90 minutes...

Were there many coaches watching the Sparkler Supplemental Power Pools? Looks like they were playing up near Boulder.

I've come a long way, haven't I? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The first day (at Erie) we had a decent amount of NAIA/D2/JC colleges AND...Baylor and Arizona were there. Today just a smattering of the first three mentioned at the same site.

My point was that for the fanfare that RTA has received on this site I had hoped that at least 1 college might hit my DD's profile during the "Real-Time" TCS Sparkler.

Again, I will fully admit that I may have done something erroneous on DD's profile or omitted some necessary information to achieve the desired result (again...just 1 hit in the 5 days or so since we signed up ;) ).

- Perpetually impatient, usually overzealous and often over-defensive squirrel, errr...FPDad05
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:57 am

FPDad05 -

I think the site is pretty slick, but wouldnt assume this will be a magnet. I would make sure all contact with coaches (emails, printed profiles, etc) mention the RTA profile. My guess is that Uno's DD's carpet bombing email strategy made more than a few coaches aware of her profile.

Use your self-proclaimed "over zealous" trait to your advantage and have the DD do the same. Also dont forget that if you are uploading video to a YouTube channel, you can put a link to the RTA profile in the text. Some kids will always have that name recognition or reputation. For everyone else, its all in the marketing.

Good luck and hope the kid is having a great week.
ontheblack

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:15 am

ontheblack wrote:FPDad05 -

I think the site is pretty slick, but wouldnt assume this will be a magnet. I would make sure all contact with coaches (emails, printed profiles, etc) mention the RTA profile. My guess is that Uno's DD's carpet bombing email strategy made more than a few coaches aware of her profile.

Use your self-proclaimed "over zealous" trait to your advantage and have the DD do the same. Also dont forget that if you are uploading video to a YouTube channel, you can put a link to the RTA profile in the text. Some kids will always have that name recognition or reputation. For everyone else, its all in the marketing.

Good luck and hope the kid is having a great week.

Thanks OTB, sound advice as always. She was injured when the team did their videos earlier this year so we still need to do that.

She's hitting .500 (9-18) so far with a couple doubles. The Baylor coach got to see her get a couple hits for whatever that was worth.

The summer is young and she still has Champions Cup, TCS Reno and PGF Platinum to go so we'll keep plugging away.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bart16761 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:08 pm

I like the site I am no computer genius and have had trouble getting it set up. The tech support staff hass been helpful as I learned the ropes.
I have talked to at least 20 coaches while out in Colorado from my informal survey it would seem that they dont know about the site yet, I said yet :D
bart16761
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tnkrbell13 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Trying to register my DD...Never received an email to verify account and I can't find any kind of support info to get help on the site.
:oops:
tnkrbell13
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:51 pm

I'll email the owner and have him respond here
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by rtathletes » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi.. No worries!
Can you check your spam folder. If the verification email is not there then please email me your dd first and last name and I will get her account verified. Sorry for issue. We will get you up and running right away. email: bob@rtathletes.com
Thanks
rtathletes

by tnkrbell13 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Thanks Uno and Bob!
Sending an email now.
tnkrbell13
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Raising_Bigs » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:28 am

New here, take it easy on me. Just wanted to give my thoughts on/experience with the RTA website. It's free, so I already like it. My kid is fairly new to travel ball so this was the best place for me to start, especially after NCSA hounded us by phone with their hype/costs. She set up her profile in June and she's averaged about 30 views a month and two coaches sent notifications that they were attending events. Nothing major, but I have some faith that she's getting some exposure other than the emails we send out. She updates about once a week and has all of her practices/tourneys/etc. on the schedule. As a matter of fact, it was two different friendlies that coaches sent notifications for. Also like that I can add her photos/videos without having to pay. I had a small issue with adding her team (as coach has not added team), and it was resolved within a half an hour. I see that RTA is new and I have some faith that it's going to get better and bigger.
Raising_Bigs

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions