Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

DD Being Forced to Change her Number, might leave team!

What's on your mind?

by CheckWriter » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Holy resurrected thread Batman!
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:34 pm

CheckWriter wrote:Holy resurrected thread Batman!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, DD joined a new team and did not get her number she has had the last 5 years. Didn't matter to her since she really liked the team and coaches.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:55 am

I was watching one of SoCals 2 pro football teams last Saturday there was a punt return where 2 UCLA kids had the same number & the announcer went on a rant & said if your number means so much to you & you can't get it, then go to another school. :lol: :lol:

My DD could care less about her number as long as it isn't a double (11.22 etc) So she wears 24 for me because my favorite player growing up was Mickey Stanley. For the youngsters out there he did something that will never be seen again in MLB. In the 1968 World Series Mgr Mayo Smith (of the Detroit Tigers) brought Stanley in from CF to play SS (for the 1st time in his life) to make room for future Hall of Famer Al Kaline (who joined the Tigers right out of HS). Stanley made 2 errors, all inconsequential & of course the Tigers came back down 3 games to 1 to win the series.
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions