Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Tony Rico gets some ink!!!

What's on your mind?

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:34 am

Cookie wrote:Here is the deal, if you go to Tony's cages all the girls that are their are studs. You can go to his cage and pick a team and you will have a great team. He does not have beginner hitters that I have ever seen. His lessons are great and he teaches life lessons not just softball.

That is not a true statement either. I know many girls going to him that are beginners. This also makes it sound like he would only have studs there.

Don't get me wrong, I have seen his work and he does a great job.
Sftbll4ever

by Cookie » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:14 am

I personally have never seen any girls their that are beginners. Every girl that I have seen at his cage are good hitters. No great hitters.
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by NO FEAR » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:20 am

BetheBest wrote:
Demonboy wrote:I'm not one to give someone a pass because they have a "big name". I like Tony's mental approach but know NOTHING about the nuts and bolts of his batting instruction so I don't know either way. I just think the harsh reaction to Rondog has much more to do with who he said it ABOUT than if what he says was reasonable or not.

He may not be CORRECT, but I don't think he was out of line or "slandering" anyone. He gave his opinion and probably believes what he said. I have no problem with that.

It took a fair number of years to build that BIG name. It's really funny to read that if you know anything at all about Tony. It's not about ego. When you give an opinion without having the facts it is called slander. To use the word Robbery is plain wrong. He is not in need of a free pass from any of us. This is a guy who does it for the love of the game. Yes he is paid for it but no one forces them to go there. In fact the players LOVE to go there and so do most parents. I think I understand where you are coming from but of all the GOB's in softball Tony is the one you can trust. For years he was $30.00 a lesson when others were at $40-$45 a lesson. He is the least materialistic person that I know. I consider him a friend but more importantly I trust him with my daughter. That my friend is a small list of softball connected people. Scott Sarginson would be another. Great people, wonderful Teachers!
Last edited by NO FEAR on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NO FEAR

by DDsNbr1Fan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:16 pm

this is a good point of view from you I thik Tony should be proud in the way you think I personaly don't know Tony but is hard to teach and charge$$ if he have just advance hitters rigth now I am sure wheb he star that was a lot of beginers now he build hers name and he deserve it good job Tony.[/quote]

No Fear,

Huh? I would assume this is a good point of view...if we could follow your line of thinking or explaination! Sorry I don' t get it!
DDsNbr1Fan
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:00 pm

NO FEAR wrote:this is a good point of view from you I thik Tony should be proud in the way you think I personaly don't know Tony but is hard to teach and charge$$ if he have just advance hitters rigth now I am sure wheb he star that was a lot of beginers now he build hers name and he deserve it good job Tony.

Thank you for providing us with another vital reminder of what our priorities ought to be: family first, then school, then softball. Get them out of order and the results aren't pretty.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Cookie » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:45 am

Skarp wrote:
NO FEAR wrote:this is a good point of view from you I thik Tony should be proud in the way you think I personaly don't know Tony but is hard to teach and charge$$ if he have just advance hitters rigth now I am sure wheb he star that was a lot of beginers now he build hers name and he deserve it good job Tony.

Thank you for providing us with another vital reminder of what our priorities ought to be: family first, then school, then softball. Get them out of order and the results aren't pretty.

Skarp don't sugar coat it tell us what you really think :lol:
I'm not driving....
Cookie

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions