Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Chatter?

What's on your mind?

by 3Bsnag » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:06 pm

Now that was well put and I agree with you (for the most part) there. I think they should act like ladies, cheer their teammates, and hide their bra straps.

Maybe I'll hijack your thread and start:
What cheers do we hate the most?

My vote is the squeeky one:
"G-O, O-D, E-Y-E, Good eye eee eye" That squeek in the "eee" part is like nails on a chalk board.

Did I mention I don't like bra straps showing. It's called a sports bra.
3Bsnag

by artomatic » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:32 pm

Coach_Gonzalez wrote:Im not trying to impress anyone. That is for sure, and I have no reason too. I care about the game and the integrity of it. I have given a lot for this game in a little bit of time, and I will take criticism if anyone wants to give it, but you dont get that I am not trying to rid of cheering, I am against the immature nature of child-like cheers. If you people cant handle a different point-of-view thats fine. I just know that I lived and breathed the game, and I don't want my girls to be associated with short shorts and immature cheers. I want them to be ladies, act like them, and have fun playing the game as it should be. I know cheering is a part of it, but, like I said, does it need to be so immature and non-applicable to the value of the game.

jeez, let the players enjoy themselves, they will play alot more relaxed, and who knows, maybe better...
i hate to do it, but it's time to break out the "my cousin vinny" quotebook:

Judge Chamberlain Haller: Mr. Gambini?
Vinny Gambini: Yes, sir?
Judge Chamberlain Haller: That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection.
Vinny Gambini: Thank you, sir.
Judge Chamberlain Haller: Overruled.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Coach_Gonzalez » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:02 pm

3Bsnag wrote:Now that was well put and I agree with you (for the most part) there. I think they should act like ladies, cheer their teammates, and hide their bra straps.

Maybe I'll hijack your thread and start:
What cheers do we hate the most?

My vote is the squeeky one:
"G-O, O-D, E-Y-E, Good eye eee eye" That squeek in the "eee" part is like nails on a chalk board.

Did I mention I don't like bra straps showing. It's called a sports bra.

I totally agree ...and that is a bad one, as well as the idea of the bra straps.
Coach_Gonzalez

by addiction » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:33 pm

Cannonball wrote: one team was obnoxious with their antics. However, we persevered. It was funny how quiet that bench got when we finally took the lead.

typical :lol:
addiction

by DonnieS » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:22 am

Here is the way I see 'chatter' - its the girls game - not ours. I am damn lucky to get to be a small part of it and if the girls think its fun to chatter and carryon out there - that I am all for it. My girls get so loud and rowdy, I cant hear myself think sometimes, which is probably not a bad thing. But I hear all the time that the girls that play on my team think that this is the most fun team they have ever been around. We get told by teams we are playing that we seem like we are having more fun than anyone. And this is not disrespectful chatter crap - fortunately I dont have to tell the girls that - they know it. I have seen disrespectful - and my girls have two ways of shutting that up, beating them, or beating them and out yelling them. They are good at both.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slider201 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:00 am

It's my world. You just live in it.

My opinion is law - yours shows stupidity.
Media idiots: learn the meaning of the word troop(s). A soldier is not a troop, stupid.
troop: 1 a: a group of soldiers; b: a cavalry unit corresponding to an infantry company; c: plural: armed forces soldiers
slider201

by Nzane » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:09 am

Skarp wrote:Hate to say it, but my boys play baseball, and watching it is just plain boring in comparison to watching the girls play. A big part of the reason, I think, is the energy and enthusiasm that the girls exhibit when they play. In baseball, other than the parents and coaches screaming at the kids, it's basically a morgue out there.

A coach trying to turn softball into baseball is making a big mistake--he'll drive those kids away from the sport.

I agree.....
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Demonboy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:13 pm

Coach_Gonzalez wrote:Im not trying to impress anyone. That is for sure, and I have no reason too. I care about the game and the integrity of it. I have given a lot for this game in a little bit of time, and I will take criticism if anyone wants to give it, but you dont get that I am not trying to rid of cheering, I am against the immature nature of child-like cheers. If you people cant handle a different point-of-view thats fine. I just know that I lived and breathed the game, and I don't want my girls to be associated with short shorts and immature cheers. I want them to be ladies, act like them, and have fun playing the game as it should be. I know cheering is a part of it, but, like I said, does it need to be so immature and non-applicable to the value of the game.

Nothing wrong with having your convictions and sticking to them. Just make sure to occasionally challenge your own beliefs with a little intellectual humility and you will do just great.

Thank you for dedicating your time to the kids. The sport needs all the good youth coaches it can get.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Stubs » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:47 pm

For the most part I really enjoy the cheering, especially when I see a team come out of the dugout just before a game and do a cheer complete with a choreographed dance routine. I've seen some that probably took a reall team effort to produce.

The only negative I find with cheering is when I'm in the dugout and want to relay something to the girls concerning the game, I have to wait until they are done for them to hear me. Or else try to yell over the cheering (which is pretty much impossible).
"It isn't that Liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so" Ronald Reagan
Stubs

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions