Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Fastpitch softball bat reviews.

What's on your mind?

by softballdad » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:34 am

1. Anderson Rocketech Fastpitch Bat score = 10

2. Worth Mayhem Fastpitch Composite Bat score = 9.95

3. 2007 Miken Fastpitch Bats NRG 500 Series Softball Bat Score = 9.

4. 2006 Rawlings Liquid Metal Plasma Bat - Multi-Wall score = 9.85

5 tied. Limited Edition Worth Quad OC Fastpitch Bat Score = 9.8

5 tied. DeMarini Softball Bats F2 Bat BLEM Score = 9.8

Under Google's ad bat-reviews softball. By Kelly's ultimate sports.
I believe in getting into hot water. I think it keeps you clean.
softballdad

by qwikvr6 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:43 pm

My kid is a very powerful hitter, and she will not swing anything but her Rocketech. I've hit with her bat just to verify what she feels, and it's really remarkable how much launch that bat has. None of the composites compare in my opinion.
qwikvr6

by just play » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:42 pm

Just wondering... Are other bats not on the list because they were not tested? Were any of the Easton bats (Synergy/Stealth) part of the test? Just hard to believe the Rawlings Liquid Metal Plasma outperformed those bats.
just play

by Cannonball » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:40 pm

When reviewing softball bats, I wonder what the criteria for rankings were? All bats have to have a ball exit speed. All bats have to fit exactly into criteria for the various associations. Therefore, and again, what were there criteria and yes, were ALL bats in the survey? Is this survey/ranking due to votes on some poll?

I think there are many criteria that would change as you go around the nation. In some midwest states, softball is in the spring. That's the case where my girl will hopefully play. (If she makes the team.) I know a couple of criteria here are which bats have or don't have the reputation to dent or bust as often in cooler weather. Also, which bats tend to not "sting" as much. Of course the person holding the bat is also responsible for that "sting" but that observation is often left out of the critera. :o In saying this bats such as the Synergy do well. My DD uses a Synergy. Many have the Rocket tech but won't break them out until after HS season is over and the weather gets warmer. I don't know why. Perhaps, it is simply due to either cost or how hard they are to replace. BTW, replacing them is getting a lot easier than it once was.

Well, I hope I've added more to this discussion to think on.

Take care!
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by just play » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:55 pm

Just looked at the Kelly's site a little more. Seems as though they only reviewed bats they sell, which does not include Easton and a few others. It just didn't make sense for a bat like the DeMarini F2 (blemished) to rank tied for 5th. The new DeMarini Phenix should outperform it easily and the Eastons should be ranked fairly high as well. So, in terms of this review, just one for that retailer to use to sell their current inventory.
just play

by mozzy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:53 pm

And I would think that the Louisville Slugger folks woudn't be too happy with that list. And no Synergy or Stealth either? Hmmm..... :?
mozzy

Return to Fastpitch Discussions