Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Playing with out of state teams...

What's on your mind?

by 3Bsnag » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:31 pm

Example: 2 girls that just signed with TN. They are from TN, but played ball in socal.
I completely understand the why, but my question is the how. How often are these girls flying to CA per month? Are their parents going? Are they staying in a hotel or with a teammate? Are they just doing this their junior or senior years?

I know the reward, but that sounds really expensive and stressful!
3Bsnag

by EDGE » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:57 pm

Well, it takes about 4 hours to fly to Orange County from Nashville. (about the same amount of time it takes to drive across town in LA, it seems sometimes) I wouldn't say it is stressful, the people are great and my kid thinks it's fun. She used to have to ride for hours in a car for a tournament now she just flies instead. The SEC is a tough conference to compete in now, you need the best coaching and competition to be successful against the best. ( And in my opinion it doesnt get any better than playing with the Batbusters) She has always LOVED to travel and she loves meeting new people and seeing new things. It has been an experience she would not trade for anything.

( oh, to answer your question the number of times she flies out varies. Sometimes I go , sometimes not. Sometimes she stays with teamates. She joined the team a year and a half ago. )
EDGE

by 3Bsnag » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:58 pm

Wow, thanks Edge! I can't believe you're one of them!
I've always wondered logistically how that happens. It does seem kinda crazy, but the socal vs the rest of the world thing sank in when I looked up some of the NFCA player camp results in '07. Our top 10 times in each event were probably in the top 50 or 60 at the more national events. We do have some gifted athletes, just not in the kind of numbers that are out there.

Good luck to you and your DD and many safe travels!
3Bsnag

Return to Fastpitch Discussions