Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Alliance Year Zero

What's on your mind?

by Backnine » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:07 am

If they were recruiting coaches (they are not) the 3 game series would make sense. Players preforming (or not preforming) in do or die elimination games is more of a test for the players and college coaches to evaluate.
Both Alliance and PGF websites suck. Come on guys, quit giving the job of running your websites to your nephews and hire a professional. I think you can afford it.
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

by cent » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:16 am

Spazdad luv you to death but you are wrong. It was tough on the kids. Too many games played against the same teams. Remember, the NCAA does theirs in a few weeks and spread out. This was done in a week.
cent
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Spazsdad » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:26 pm

Never said it wasn’t but where was I wrong in my assessment? I stand by my opinion that beating a team multiple times is tough and also by the fact the college coaches liked it.
Spazsdad

by Bigleague » Wed May 25, 2022 10:54 pm

I know I’m posting a little late. But let’s not forget that the WCWS is played nearly two months before our girls played in OK. Big temperature difference. Plus, going to OK to play the same California teams. This is my frustration. Been doing travel ball for twenty some odd years. I remember when we all stopped doing ASA in OK to start coming back home to do PGF. Happy times.
Bigleague
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:34 pm

The Alliance already devalued PGF in year 1.
In year 2 the Alliance has devalued the IDT.

Look at the teams in the IDT, the Alliamce chasing organizations are not sending their gold or even their silver teams to Boulder. The Alliance is in bed with TCS and TCS has made the Sparkler event part of the Alliance Super Cup Championship to draw the top Alliance affiliated teams away from IDT and get them to play the TCS/Alliance Sparkler event.

It's like a 2 party system in softball now and all the organizations are becoming partisan. They're either PGF or Alliance, even friendlies are partisan now.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Spazsdad » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:35 pm

Teams weren’t “drawn away” from IDT. Nobody is sending their “B” teams to IDT. The teams in the Super Cup final played Tuesday before IDT starts. Only the championship game was Wednesday morning and in 14u the Angels forfeited to go to their pool games in IDT.
Spazsdad

by ofc80 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:17 am

Forfeit was a smart move. Obviously both org. heads are a big part of Alliance and the game could have been rescheduled............
ofc80
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:28 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Teams weren’t “drawn away” from IDT. Nobody is sending their “B” teams to IDT. The teams in the Super Cup final played Tuesday before IDT starts. Only the championship game was Wednesday morning and in 14u the Angels forfeited to go to their pool games in IDT.

All of the Mercado Gold teams (Smith, Hovermale, Tidd) are playing the TCS tournament this week instead of the IDT. In fact, Athletics Mercado B teams are all at the TCS event as well and it's the C and D teams playing at IDT.

Is Athletics Mercado Academy nobody? They won Alliance last year, they just swept the Team 1 Elite Club Championship titles in Kansas City a couple weeks ago and won PGF the last time it was relevant, in 2019, but they're nobodies.

What about Brashear, where are his teams? Ricos teams, where are they. West Bay Warriors, Bombers, AZ Storm Mathis, GA Impact...... all skipped IDT to play TCS.

To say that nobody sent their B teams or were drawn away and sent no teams at all to IDT is about as honest as saying that gas prices are high because of putin or that Lia Thomas is a woman. You can choose to open your eyes or choose to keep them closed
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:20 am

Looks like nobody won the 18U Power Pool at the TCS Sparkler Tournament

Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Spazsdad » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:04 pm

Schmick wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Teams weren’t “drawn away” from IDT. Nobody is sending their “B” teams to IDT. The teams in the Super Cup final played Tuesday before IDT starts. Only the championship game was Wednesday morning and in 14u the Angels forfeited to go to their pool games in IDT.

All of the Mercado Gold teams (Smith, Hovermale, Tidd) are playing the TCS tournament this week instead of the IDT. In fact, Athletics Mercado B teams are all at the TCS event as well and it's the C and D teams playing at IDT.

Is Athletics Mercado Academy nobody? They won Alliance last year, they just swept the Team 1 Elite Club Championship titles in Kansas City a couple weeks ago and won PGF the last time it was relevant, in 2019, but they're nobodies.

What about Brashear, where are his teams? Ricos teams, where are they. West Bay Warriors, Bombers, AZ Storm Mathis, GA Impact...... all skipped IDT to play TCS.

To say that nobody sent their B teams or were drawn away and sent no teams at all to IDT is about as honest as saying that gas prices are high because of putin or that Lia Thomas is a woman. You can choose to open your eyes or choose to keep them closed

Where have you been? Firecrackers always played TCS. GA Impact is now GA Bombers and they were in IDT. So were BB Stith Tyson, Blaze, Impact, Mustangs, among others.
So yes Mercado jumped ship, maybe TCS threw money at him like they do Rico but don’t act like everyone bailed on IDT
Spazsdad

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions