Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

No travel to other States for CA teams

What's on your mind?

by TheTownUSA » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:33 pm

Trust me bud, if a player is talented enough by the time she hits 15, she will know whether or not she is good enough to play college ball, and so will the coaches that have her on their radar. She's not going to become any less athletically gifted, just because she missed a friendly or two in AZ. Think Colin Kaepernick.

I know of two girls that verbally committed to D1 schools on the West Coast before they finished playing 14U, and that was two years ago. They are now in their junior year of high school. If you don't think college coaches talk to players before their junior year in high school, I have a bridge in San Diego I'd like to sell you.

Why am I talking to you anyway? You're not interested in expanding your education. Please, stop talking to me. I'm here to converse with people that want to discuss softball, and would appreciate it if you would respect my boundaries. Thank you.
TheTownUSA

by TheTownUSA » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:03 pm

If you choose to keep your mind shut tighter than a rusted steel bear trap, it's your loss. Two years ago or today, there is nothing new under the sun. Allow me to leave you with this pearl. If your daughter isn't on a coach's radar before she turns 17, her most likely route to playing college ball will be as a walk-on, not by being seen on a video broadcast. Regarding that other stuff you were babbling about, I have no clue what you are referring to. I asked you politely to respect my boundaries, now please stop stalking me. Thank you.
TheTownUSA

by eclipse09 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:52 pm

Many routes for 16, 17 and 18 year olds. I have seen players that aren't on anyone's radar get recruited their senior year of high school to a JC then they end up getting recruited via that JC team to a variety of colleges including DI.

I have also seen travel players get a nice DIV III offer senior year so its out there for the motivated player and a good travel or high school coach.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by xyzdude » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:30 am

It is funny what you hear from parents and some coaches. Reminds me of one "proud" father who was bragging to me how his daughter had such a great year as a freshman DIII player that the coach upped her financial aid. Never mind that both he and his wife had gotten laid off that year and they had virtually no income and that their next youngest daughter was also starting college. I happened to know the school and the college coach and knew that the coach had absolutely no influence in any aid whatsoever. His FASA report had changed (pretty dramatically) and that was the cause of the increased aid. But hey, why ruin his party?

Always makes me laugh just a little when I see some of our local teams proudly announce the verbal commitments to DIII schools. That is a one way commitment - the coach is giving you nothing; maybe not even a roster spot.
xyzdude

by Melissar305 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:45 am

Hey Town

It's good to see you again. It's been pretty dead around here without you. Did you get 86'd by the moderator? I've noticed that a whole bunch of your insightful posts were removed by the conservative cancel culture that's becoming more and more prevalent here at The Bucket. Did you get a chance to participate in the meaningless tournament at Lake Havasu over the weekend? I watched some of the games, that weren't 15-0 blowouts, even though I know those games are just as important to college coaches for recruiting purposes.

Hey, are you riding this Biden rally in the stock market? It up again another 245 pts today. People are SO much more optimistic now that the fields will be open again in CA for summer play, because we now have adults in charge of the White House again. Believe it or not, even here in Southern CA where people tend to be belligerent and self-absorbed jerks, who think the rules don't apply them, they're talking about having the fields opened by summer.

Cheers and I look forward to reading more of your delightful posts. I don't know why the moderator keeps removing them. I think maybe they are just envious of your softball acumen.
Melissar305

by texmex45 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:34 pm

Melissar305 wrote:Hey Town

It's good to see you again. It's been pretty dead around here without you. Did you get 86'd by the moderator? I've noticed that a whole bunch of your insightful posts were removed by the conservative cancel culture that's becoming more and more prevalent here at The Bucket. Did you get a chance to participate in the meaningless tournament at Lake Havasu over the weekend? I watched some of the games, that weren't 15-0 blowouts, even though I know those games are just as important to college coaches for recruiting purposes.

Hey, are you riding this Biden rally in the stock market? It up again another 245 pts today. People are SO much more optimistic now that the fields will be open again in CA for summer play, because we now have adults in charge of the White House again. Believe it or not, even here in Southern CA where people tend to be belligerent and self-absorbed jerks, who think the rules don't apply them, they're talking about having the fields opened by summer.

Cheers and I look forward to reading more of your delightful posts. I don't know why the moderator keeps removing them. I think maybe they are just envious of your softball acumen.

BTW.....last week's bloodbath on Wall Street and this week's recovery had ZERO to do with the Biden administration. Don't be stupid. :roll:
texmex45

by TheTownUSA » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:59 am

Hey Melissa,

Thx for the shout out. Yeah, I got bounced for awhile by one of the moderators. I can't say who because he's somewhat of a small vindictive person, probably stemming from some deep-seated insecurity. I think he's jealous because I get more attention and not a lot of people respect him. He's pushed a lot of people away from The Bucket permanently, because he fancies himself a know-it-all bully and that turns a lot of people off.

Even though the room has dropped off significantly, I'm hoping things pick up now that we have real adults in charge of our government again. There is now hope that fields and schools will he opened again soon, because there is a renewed sense of optimism sweeping across America. It can't get much worse than 2020. Yeah, that was a bad one for sure. Hang in there and don't let the bastards get you down!
Last edited by TheTownUSA on Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheTownUSA

by Chin Music » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:51 am

Cue the Psycho music!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DirtyRiders » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:23 pm

I love how the numbers are essentially the same but now there’s an adult in charge so it’s ok for the kids to be back on the field. Political hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me. It has always been ok for kids to be on the field. A lot of people have had posts removed including conservatives. Maybe it is not the cancel culture that is removing them. Maybe it is your content.
DirtyRiders
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TheTownUSA » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:20 am

Spazsdad wrote:Miss him? That’s a good one.
Regarding that “meaningless” tournament not sure what event you watched but there was an 18u National Qualifier awarding 8 berths to Alliance Fastpitch Nationals which is shaping up to be the premier nationals in the country. Maybe you don’t play at that level so we’re unaware. Once again games were streamed and watched by college coaches and there was definitely some high level ball being played. The 16u qualifier is Presidents Weekend in Bullhead.
BTW fields and parks are open here in SoCal. We played last weekend and are playing again Saturday. You know, Sunday Super Bowl and all.
Regarding your butthurt you know exactly why your and his posts get deleted. It’s because you can’t control your emotions and you go off the rails. People openly and privately complain about you.

"We played last weekend and are playing again Saturday"

Who exactly is "we" Kimosabe? Were you out there swinging a bat and fielding grounders? Don't you just love these helicopter parents who live vicariously through their children's accomplishments?
TheTownUSA

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions