Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Used Car Salesman Tactics

What's on your mind?

by Schmick » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:34 pm

If they're only giving you til noon the next day to decide they likely suspect you're just jerking them off so they are putting you on the spot, calling your bluff.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:06 pm

TheTownUSA wrote:I was hoping to get some feedback from experienced fastpitch coaches who take this game seriously. What are your thoughts about a coach or organization that tells a girl and her family that they need an answer within 24 hours as to whether or not they want to accept a position on their roster? We've encountered this twice in the past two weeks. Am I wrong, or does that come off a little bit like used car salesman tactics? Is this the norm for 16U & 18U? Your feedback is appreciated.

Depends on the coach really, but I've had kids come to tryouts and I usually try and be as transparent with all of them as possible. If I have choice 1, 2, and 3 I will go to choice #1 and say please let me know by X date so that I can let parents 2 and 3 know the spot is filled. If I don't hear from them by X date then its on to choice #2 etc.etc. Its not a salesman tactic its just trying to be fair to the parents involved. I always try make it a point to contact the ones that don't make it and let them know, for me it comes down to courtesy....
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Assassin » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:45 pm

curveballerguy124 wrote:
TheTownUSA wrote:I was hoping to get some feedback from experienced fastpitch coaches who take this game seriously. What are your thoughts about a coach or organization that tells a girl and her family that they need an answer within 24 hours as to whether or not they want to accept a position on their roster? We've encountered this twice in the past two weeks. Am I wrong, or does that come off a little bit like used car salesman tactics? Is this the norm for 16U & 18U? Your feedback is appreciated.

Depends on the coach really, but I've had kids come to tryouts and I usually try and be as transparent with all of them as possible. If I have choice 1, 2, and 3 I will go to choice #1 and say please let me know by X date so that I can let parents 2 and 3 know the spot is filled. If I don't hear from them by X date then its on to choice #2 etc.etc. Its not a salesman tactic its just trying to be fair to the parents involved. I always try make it a point to contact the ones that don't make it and let them know, for me it comes down to courtesy....

Best answer so far.
"I don't look for trouble....trouble looks for me." - Five Finger Death Punch
Blind Assassin
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:41 am

curveballerguy124 wrote:

Love the part about contacting the ones that don't make it. I always appreciated a coach that was up front. Great feedback cb124!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions