Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Catcher times

What's on your mind?

by svalcat05 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:45 pm

So at tryouts and I'm being the good parent not sitting directly on the sidelines, but in my car with a decent view. About 150yrds out. I can't really see her except when she comes up to return to pitcher.
I'm not new to the game but I don't know much about the catcher tryout except they look at throws, accuracy, blocking, agility and then how quick you "pop-up"?
Ive heard of actual competitions for this. But have no clue how it is timed.
If ya got input and any other tips on catcher tryouts send them my way please
svalcat05

by Fxdb10 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:26 pm

Pop time is usually measured from glove to glove. Therefore start timer when ball hits catchers glove and stop time when ball hits ss glove at second base. The lower the time the better. I think someone has posted avg. Pop times per age group but generally 16u and up 1.8 seconds or below is ideal. Hope that helps.
Fxdb10

by marloclem » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:02 pm

Fxdb10 wrote:Pop time is usually measured from glove to glove. Therefore start timer when ball hits catchers glove and stop time when ball hits ss glove at second base. The lower the time the better. I think someone has posted avg. Pop times per age group but generally 16u and up 1.8 seconds or below is ideal. Hope that helps.

thanks, and thing helps
classic 8 ball pool
marloclem

Return to Fastpitch Discussions