Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Bat opinions please

What's on your mind?

by cr41584 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:29 am

Hello everyone - I'd appreciate some input (I'm not an expert by far). My daughter (plays 18U - is a power hitter). Loves LS bats, either LXT or Xeno - she swings a 34 -10 - However, she doesn't like the 2019 LXT. So, she wants either the 2018 LXT or another Xeno. Xeno's seem to only last a few months for her. She came home from batting lesson last night saying her bat is broke, it's rattling like crazy. Qualifier next weekend. So I've been cruising websites trying to find either another Xeno or last years LXT - the difficulty is finding a 34 inch. I'd really like her to try the new DeMarini 2020 as I've been reading good reviews on it. It's a larger investment ($399) and if she hates it I'm stuck. She's really has her head stuck on LS bats and I told her she might be out of luck then. Any ideas where I can look to find LS 34's? that i can get within a week?

thanks.
cr41584
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DBwichman » Thu May 16, 2019 8:40 pm

Would you consider an LS PXT? My daughter is also a power hitter and is in love with the LXT but does not like the 2019. She does not like the color. Girls.. :D However being the dad who thinks he know better....(And I do). I bought her a PXT . Of course she did not like it. If you want I will sell it to you cheap. It is not even broken in. Unlike the LXT the PXT requires a break in period. They retail for like $399 I bought it a few months ago for like $299. She only used it in a couple games and practices. If your daughter is interested make a reasonable offer and I will send it to you. It is a 34/-10
DBwichman
Premium Member
Premium Member

by swells9232 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:12 pm

As a power hitter, have you considered doing a drop 9 or 8, usually the previous years models in this drops are available.

Just bats.com and cheapbats.com both had available bats.
swells9232

by cr41584 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:42 am

She has 2 PXT's (one still in wrapper). Decided she didn't like them either. I was able to procure a xeno. She wanted to love the new LXT (like her old one), but swung it and didn't care for it. xeno's just see to break easy. oh well, as least we have it for the qualifier this weekend.

thanks to all that chimed in.
cr41584
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions