Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Prayers for Mark Campbell

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:42 am

I may have scheduled Mark's first travel ball game in 1999. He was taking his all star team into travel that Fall and came out to play our Dynasty team. His teams were always dominant and Mark was a class act. A nice guy with no peers when it came to player development. That is the legacy he leaves, the players he coached really got to pick the schools they dreamed about attending, due in large part to his unsurpassed coaching abilities. I know his family will miss him and my thoughts are with them at this difficult time. RIP, Mark. I always enjoyed coaching against him. He always knew when to take his foot off of your throat without rubbing it in. His sudden passing is so tragic and saddening.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:44 am

cent wrote:Just hard to believe! A huge part of our coaching family, a person I always wanted to emulate, and my friend. Mark you were special! I and many others wished we could be half the coach, half the person you were.

You will be missed greatly!

Scott Berndes

Hope you are doing well, buddy.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by maile.35 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:27 pm

I normally don't post anything. However, Mark was a special coach. My daughter started catching lessons with him last year and she looked forward to it every week. He was tough and she loved it. If Mark had nothing bad to say at the end of her lesson she would take that as a victory! She couldn't wait to tell her Dad when she got home that Coach Mark had nothing BAD to say. She loved showing him her improvements. And after almost every lesson I would talk to him, she would wait for me outside the cage and ask "well, well what did he say? Did I do good?"

Needless to say, she like many others, is devastated. We found a bit of comfort at yesterday's memorial. She got to grieve with girls she didn't know, but had the same pain.

Thank you Mark for all that you did for my daughter and for this sport. You are an amazing man and will sorely be missed.
maile.35
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions