Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Private Tryout Question

What's on your mind?

by crankshaft » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
crankshaft wrote:.

Also dont think the team belongs to the coach.The team is going to be your team. If you choose to be on it. It's going to be our team if we choose to be on it. Both parties should be taking a good look at each other and be given the opportunity to do so.

This made me chuckle

Your trademark,
sniffing behind others.
crankshaft

by crankshaft » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:13 pm

xoxoxo chuckles xoxoxo
crankshaft

by Battle » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:23 pm

Crank, did I lose you? You started out decent but try to stay focused buddy....
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by curveballerguy124 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:25 pm

Boy this sounds eerily familiar I had a very similar situation. I am starting a new 12U team but I’ve been around for more than just a few years. I’ve been coaching travel for the last nine years been with the same org. for the last six and been playing men’s Fastpitch for god knows how long. But that doesn’t mean squat because I’m not very good at either one coaching or playing just ask Chin.

I did however have a young lady that was turned on to me by her catching coach. Solid player I liked her and her mother seemed very nice as well. I understood what they were looking for as far as an established team. I very cordially told them I am not an established team at 12U yet I don’t even have a team! They came to my open hitting for my 18U girls I got a chance to pitch to her live was able to make her miss pretty easily so I saw something right off the bat that I could help her with and I expressed that to her mother. Nonetheless she still needed to see a team before committing and at that time I told her well then I wish you guys the best because I ain’t got no team yet. Unfortunately, all I can offer you right now is the number one catching spot and all the time that your daughter can handle on the field with an un-established team... However, once I had tryouts with a good turnout I asked them to come out and they could see the girls that were trying out for me perhaps that would persuade them. That was to no avail they choose to go elsewhere I thanked them for their time and that I will see them around..... I don’t think there were any hard feelings in either direction I’m sure I will see them around perhaps one day their kid will come and play for me.

The one thing I can say is coaches that of been around long enough can usually get that feeling from a parent. Whether or not they’re going to be trouble. I didn’t have that feeling from these parents that’s why I reached out to them again and invited them out to see our tryouts. I will be honest there are some parents that I absolutely steer clear from, from day one regardless of how good their daughter is as a player.
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by newbie101 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:53 pm

Too Funny now I see coaches posting

Established Team

in the looking for players sec.
newbie101
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:40 am

newbie101 wrote:Too Funny now I see coaches posting

Established Team

in the looking for players sec.

Some comment, some just read and some react!

I think it depends on the player whether they should join a newly formed team or established team. I suggest joining the new team if you are looking to grow with a group of players. Joining an established team may not be too good if they have most positions covered unless your daughter is super competitive and loves the challenge of cracking an established starting line up. Of course parents can screw up both scenarios......
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions