Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

QOD; Can you teach how to handle pressure?

What's on your mind?

by crankshaft » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:16 pm

jonriv wrote:
crankshaft wrote:There you go Eddiez,
Support & Structure!

Not to step on your toes JonRiv, Apparently you're staying one track minded because pressure can be defined in many ways.
If you're just going to keep reflecting on the military go for it! I applaud your service! The military is important and necessary.

I as well have many years in my expertise and know that while groups given the same training year after year there are people that do not make the cut.

There are inherent weaknesses and strengths in different personality.

For the sake of discussion of softball, No I do not think all athletes have what it takes to be a pitcher and handle the rigors of that. I also do not think everybody has the ability to be a catcher. And while you can train defensive skills, agility, speed and glove work, there are some athletes that are better suited for certain positions.
who should play where is decided upon not just by their athletic ability but the type of thinker they are. Pressure is different for the player who pitches or catches or plays corners or middle infield or outfield. Pressure is also different depending on the type of personality the person has playing the position.
The physical demands of the position and the mental rigors that go with it.
Just an opinion,
different viewpoint.

I think there can often be confusion between talent and the ability to handle pressure. Does a person fail in a certain situation because of the pressure-or is because they are facing someone of greater talent??

The question is "Can you teach how to handle pressure" and IMO you certainly can!

Jr did
crankshaft

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions