Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

QOD; ideal pitching warm-up time

What's on your mind?

by eddiez577 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:53 am

QOD;

Seems every pitcher has their own internal clock for length of time dedicated for warm-ups before a game, and before an inning.
Some just need a few throws, some 20 minutes, some up to 40 with a break thrown in the middle :lol:
Same with warm-ups before an inning begins. Some need a good 10 pitches to warm-up again, and others can just go w/ 1 throw as a courtesy for the catcher to throw to 2.

In your opinion, what is a good length of time required for warming up pitchers?
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:25 pm

Her pitching coach told me to tell her travel coach to tire her out with warm ups. She said when she's tired she's relaxed, her fast ball is 3 mph faster and she focuses more on mechanics
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:57 am

Ive always told my pitchers don't leave your best pitches in warm ups by throwing a hundred pitches!!! As long as their legs, lower back, and shoulders are loose/warm their actual warm ups should take no more then 10-15 min. I'm an old man and once my body is loose/warm 5 min max on actual throwing.

Everybody is different some girls feel they need 30 min to an hour but what we need to realize is not all of that time is physical preparation. A lot of that time might just be getting their head straight and focused. So what ever it is that gets lil Suzie ready to step in that circle 5 min, 10 min, 30 min, or pouring some rum to JOBU then let her be!!! Thats my .02
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions