Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Question of the day, Pitching depth

What's on your mind?

by eddiez577 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:40 am

Question of the day :-)

Would you rather have one #1 type pitcher (an unhittable franchise player :D ) and two #3 type pitchers (work in progress) or

two #2 type pitchers (ok speed and command) and one #3?
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:38 pm

According to the HeyBucket seems like most teams need just one more pitcher so either scenario is good plus one more pitcher. Of course teams are looking for that number one so maybe they have the two 2's and a 3. ;)
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:08 pm

Have a solid #1 pitcher is every coaches dream it will allow you to get deep in just about any tourney. However, that doesn't happen very often, if ever for some coaches. So me personally I would rather have two solid #2 pitchers that are consistent with a good change-ups.
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:30 pm

It's not like there's a draft or salary cap in travel ball. You want 4 number 1 pitchers. You see the better teams in 14U stacking their rosters with pitchers who would all be #1s on other teams. Not only does it give your team the depth to bring in another Ace, it prevents your team from having to face another Ace on a different team.

Give me 4 number 1 pitchers
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eddiez577 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:18 pm

Schmick wrote:It's not like there's a draft or salary cap in travel ball. You want 4 number 1 pitchers. You see the better teams in 14U stacking their rosters with pitchers who would all be #1s on other teams. Not only does it give your team the depth to bring in another Ace, it prevents your team from having to face another Ace on a different team.

Give me 4 number 1 pitchers

Damn Yankees :x lol
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by E Train Dad » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:29 pm

Simply join one of the big org's, come PGF time they will pick and choose the pitchers they want from any of their Org teams, fly them in to win! That'where the sport has become! DD in College ball now so glad to be out of that BS, but it's embarrasing that this is still a part of the game! I have friends with young girls in 12-14U that are faced with this! It's called cheating! Pure and simple!
E Train Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:30 am

If a player isn't on a PGF roster then they're free to play on any team at PGF that they want.
My girls team went from 3 pitchers to 5 pitchers for Sparklers jr and then went up to 6 pitchers for PGF.

Just the way it is, there's no salary cap, no draft and no limits in recruits or players in travel softball.

Last years PGF winner in 14u had more players on the team than PGF would give awards to.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions