parents brawl at softball game

What's on your mind?

by Hinky » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:26 pm

if you haven't already seen this on the news
way to represent North Carolina

https://youtu.be/huXihb1ReT4
Hinky

by eclipse09 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:56 pm

Saw it. It shows a player crying at the end, but I think I saw another player throwing stuff into the crowd. Crazy stuff. Both teams tossed from the tournament. Nice example parents!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eddiez577 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:48 pm

All fun and games until the man boobs pop out :shock:
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Those people talk funny, is that even English?
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:43 am

Why are the youngsters on the field boys ?
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:50 am

Schmick wrote:Those people talk funny, is that even English?

:lol: Try moving from Jersey into the south east ... We might just as well have moved to France ... For the first year I kept a pocket notebook where I could right down English to South Eastern, South Eastern to English words and phrases ... Like "munyear" which means "almost" and "come on and go with us" (which could be said by one person or a group of people whom are about to depart) and means "you stay here, I'm leaving"
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Pale Rider » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:33 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:

:lol: Try moving from Jersey into the south east ... We might just as well have moved to France ... For the first year I kept a pocket notebook where I could right down English to South Eastern, South Eastern to English words and phrases ... Like "munyear" which means "almost" and "come on and go with us" (which could be said by one person or a group of people whom are about to depart) and means "you stay here, I'm leaving"

You are classified as a 'damn Yankee' vs just Yankee...Damn Yankees come and STAY...plain Yanks go home ;)
...and folks from Nu Joisey talk funny also :)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/go ... edirect=on

Hickiest accent I've ever heard was a guy from WY MOF...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:34 am

Pale Rider wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:

You are classified as a 'damn Yankee' vs just Yankee...Damn Yankees come and STAY...plain Yanks go home ;)

It depends which generation you are speaking to ... I would say the under 70 set uses your interpretation and the over 70 set knows that there are no "Yankees"; they're all "Damn Yankees" whether they stay or leave ... That being said, I am under 70 and currently looking forward to becoming a "Yankee" again.

From Central Jersey, I never really had the Jersey Guito type accent that you hear in Northern and Eastern Jersey ... In South and South Western Jersey you'll hear a Philly type accent ... While living the first half of my life there, many people thought I was from somewhere in the southern US, people in VA were never confused about it :lol:

One other interesting thing when you move; is that folks in this bible belt want to know what church you are going to before you even turn off your truck.
GIMNEPIWO

by Hinky » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:54 pm

guess that would be
'southern drawl'
at a softball game 8-)

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:

It depends which generation you are speaking to ... I would say the under 70 set uses your interpretation and the over 70 set knows that there are no "Yankees"; they're all "Damn Yankees" whether they stay or leave ... That being said, I am under 70 and currently looking forward to becoming a "Yankee" again.

From Central Jersey, I never really had the Jersey Guito type accent that you hear in Northern and Eastern Jersey ... In South and South Western Jersey you'll hear a Philly type accent ... While living the first half of my life there, many people thought I was from somewhere in the southern US, people in VA were never confused about it :lol:

One other interesting thing when you move; is that folks in this bible belt want to know what church you are going to before you even turn off your truck.
Hinky

by Skarp » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:29 am

Nice action! Looked like good times for all. Other than the hens clucking...
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions