Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Male Coaches in College Sofbtall

What's on your mind?

by Lone Staarr » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:59 pm

jonriv wrote:I have no problem with coaches that yell, I just hate coaches that yell for the sake of yelling- Male or Female. There is a difference between being tough and holding players accountable and being downright mean and abusive. There are far too many coaches that scream their heads and berate their players and then wonder why they don’t respond. Not yelling for the sake of yelling is certainly not pussification

The toughest football coach I ever had in High School rarely yelled- he just had this glare that could melt ice(btw, he’s a hall of fame lacrosse coach that took Princeton and University of Denver to National Titles)

True leaders inspire people to do things they didn’t know they could do. Sometimes by pushing, sometimes by pulling, sometimes it’s by coddling and sometimes by yelling. Sometimes it’s treating everyone the same and other times it’s figuring out what buttons to push.

This!!! Some people do a great job putting talent together but can they do what jonriv just said. That's a lot of hats to wear!
Lone Staarr

by C77fastpitch » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:49 pm

Two clever coaches noticing I left out the t in softball. They are sooooo smart, didn't want to add anything to the discussion, but these two scholars noticed my spelling. Thanks you two smart guys, I'm so stupid, not smart like you. I'm so lucky smart people like you two are around. Your language is so emphatic, I'll bet you never made a mistake like stupid, silly, brainless me. You two don't know how to be polite, your show-offs and self aggrandizing, and probably dumb as hell. Sam, your vulgar, America is only weaker because we have brainless wonders like you in our midst, that's if you are an American. You could be from the planet Horse's Ass.

Jonriv is correct! Lone Staarr, maybe too many hats for you.
C77fastpitch

by Skarp » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:26 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:I think opportunity for employment should all be based on merit and not just because someone in that profession says "it's a total disaster in the making" or some exec says we have to hire this person to balance our numbers ... Although it is getting better; the problem not only did exist, but still does.

When should women (or men) stop standing up for themselves (or others) ? When the ERA is ratified or when society begins to act like it ?

"I think opportunity for employment should all be based on merit..."

Your comment was flawless and complete in those 11 words. Unfortunately, everything else you said was in direct conflict with it.

The reason that there are more women in law school than men now has nothing to do with merit, and everything to do with powerful interests pressing the scales in favor of women and against men. That is not what a merit system looks like.

The same is true with respect to the ERA. Do you actually believe that those advancing that ridiculous idea intend to use it to enforce a merit system?? No, they are power grabbers, preparing yet another opportunity to set themselves up as adjudicators in the social justice game, where they can move favors around as they see fit, with the government as their strongman, and take their big fat rake at every turn.

Let's say you're applying for your dream job. Would you rather be a woman or be hideously ugly? Or have a wandering eye? Or have clinical depression? Or an IQ of 80? If you want to start mandating equality, you're going to have a big job ahead of you. The project isn't remotely possible, and the effort is nothing short of evil. Every time someone is given preference based on some arbitrary category to which they belong, there is a flip side to the equation--the person who is passed over because he or she didn't belong to the right arbitrary category. If you believe in merit--if you believe in GOOD--you can't believe in that.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:46 am

Skarp you brain may be big, but your logic is faulty. There are more women in law school because there are more qualified women applying, but most statistics show that male applicants have a better chance of being accepted, especially at a he more prestigious law firms. Even when the women are more academically qualified.

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktak ... ender-gaps

There are several other articles and stats supporting this.

My own experience in knowing what my wife(30 year financial professional) has had to deal with and what I have seen myself leads me to believe that we have a long way to go to a merit system. As A father of a daughter in the financial professional professional I hope my daughter is judged on her performance and results.
jonriv

by Skarp » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:11 am

jonriv wrote:Skarp you brain may be big, but your logic is faulty. There are more women in law school because there are more qualified women applying, but most statistics show that male applicants have a better chance of being accepted, especially at a he more prestigious law firms. Even when the women are more academically qualified.

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktak ... ender-gaps

There are several other articles and stats supporting this.

My own experience in knowing what my wife(30 year financial professional) has had to deal with and what I have seen myself leads me to believe that we have a long way to go to a merit system. As A father of a daughter in the financial professional professional I hope my daughter is judged on her performance and results.

So, logic is entirely separate from data. Logic is applied to data. You say my logic is faulty, but you proceed to challenge it with disagreements about various data points. I'm happy to discuss data validity, but that has nothing to do with logic, brain power, or analysis. Before we proceed further (and also because it's 2am and I'm totally hammered--don't ask), can we start by agreeing on that?

Also, hi...long time!
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:44 am

Yes-long time

I agree with your separation of logic and data. I also refrained from pummeling the post with data dumps supporting my point- including data from the American Bar Association

From your posts, I assume you are against quotas- I too am against quotas. I feel that allow well intentioned, most of these programs go on too long, promote less qualified people at the expense of the better qualified and then taint the qualified members of the group they intended to help.

I just feel in this instance you are allowing your anti-quota bias to influence your logic. From what most the data shows, based on merit women are actually under represented in law school-especially at the more prestigious law schools. Most data seems to indicate it is much more difficult for a woman to attend law school than a man with the the same qualifications(ie grades,LSAT)
jonriv

by Sam » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:46 am

C77fastpitch wrote:Two clever coaches noticing I left out the t in softball. They are sooooo smart, didn't want to add anything to the discussion, but these two scholars noticed my spelling. Thanks you two smart guys, I'm so stupid, not smart like you. I'm so lucky smart people like you two are around. Your language is so emphatic, I'll bet you never made a mistake like stupid, silly, brainless me. You two don't know how to be polite, your show-offs and self aggrandizing, and probably dumb as hell. Sam, your vulgar, America is only weaker because we have brainless wonders like you in our midst, that's if you are an American. You could be from the planet Horse's Ass.

Jonriv is correct! Lone Staarr, maybe too many hats for you.

If you don't like the message, attack the messenger. Typical. Unlike the delicate snowflakes you wish to raise, I can take your feeble attack. I don't need to retreat to my safe space. I don't need a hug. Have a great day, as long as it doesn't offend anyone else.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by C77fastpitch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:24 am

Skarp- You political message and confusing language isn't intelligent. I can't believe you would get on a women's travel ball web sight and spout such ignorance. The ERA is the reason that women are accepted into law school? I guess you would also believe we're too stupid to play softball without the help of men. Guys like you have made it hard for women to succeed at many levels, your antiquated ideas are really quite disgusting.
C77fastpitch

by eddiez577 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:27 pm

So......
What's the best advice for writing up a batting order :?:
This is a softball forum, correct? :? :lol:
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Squirrel » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:42 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:... I guess you would also believe we're too stupid to play softball without the help of men. ....

If girls would just stick to playing with dolls they wouldn't need help from men. Problem solved. You're welcome.

Stormy Squirrel
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions