Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Male Coaches in College Sofbtall

What's on your mind?

by Lone Staarr » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:59 am

Although I am not 100% certain but I know many folks are talking about the final 4 teams in the CWS had female head coaches... But did you notice they all had male coaches in their corner?

Are they picking the brains of the male coaches who have stared at the tv screen watching baseball as far back as they remember and learning every little detail and subtleties and nuances that attention to detail coaches need to get over the hump in this extremely competitive game? Clearly it has revved up a couple of notches and it seems every coaches is trying to get that additional edge?

I think the game has gotten so much better in the last 10 years and a combination of baseball and softball minds is taking the game to an even greater level. Fun to see!
Lone Staarr

by Chin Music » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:26 am

There is a lot Men’s fastpitch in the Midwest, Nothwest, Canada and New Zealand etc. Some in California. It was way more popular before slowpitch came around. A lot of them are transitioning to coach the women’s game also.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:54 am

Lone Staarr"
Are they picking the brains of the male coaches who have stared at the tv screen watching baseball as far back as they remember![/quote]

This NO :lol: but funny...

[quote="Chin Music wrote:
There is a lot Men’s fastpitch in the Midwest, Nothwest, Canada and New Zealand etc. Some in California. It was way more popular before slowpitch came around. A lot of them are transitioning to coach the women’s game also.

This YES definitely!
Plus the rise of all women's sports has opened up more employment / coaching opportunities.
Hinky

by Pale Rider » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:51 am

Using that statement, which even the announcers (joke) even mentioned...IMHO diminishes their achievements

How about this, the final four HC in the WCWS reached it based on THEIR ability and not what genitalia they have?
Gasso won it back to back vs male coached teams didn't she? Give her credit for that, not her chromosomes.
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Chin hit it right on the nose.... There is going to be more and more male fast-pitch players (former & current) transitioning to college ball. I think the more that happens the more the game will start to become more like the game that the men play. I think thats good for the sport, I know a couple of fastpitch men that are coaching at the college level and seem to be making a difference there. I see a few PGF umpires at our mens game officiating and I've asked them why on earth they would put themselves through that. Because men are cry babies and talk a lot of shit and WILL argue balls and strikes and other things just to piss off umps. I have asked and they have told me because the game is a lot faster and pitching is a lot faster and the ball moves a lot more so it helps them get better at umpiring. For those same reasons the former players that transition to college fastpitch are going to elevate the game and bring a different aspect to the game. Thats my .02
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:56 pm

With all the male fast pitch players out there how long before one "identifies" as a chick and starts playing vs the girls in college or high school?
78 MPH hurling 6-3 220 pound tranny in the circle less than 40 feet away from a slapper who goes a buck ten?
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:47 pm

Um I tried that to help out my team, the Adams apple gave it away!!!
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:01 pm

All the guy has to do is say he "identifies" as a female. Then he gets a scholarship and gets to play against the girls. It's already happening in track and field. Back east.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:27 am

Schmick wrote:All the guy has to do is say he "identifies" as a female. Then he gets a scholarship and gets to play against the girls. It's already happening in track and field. Back east.

reflecting on history
there has never been equality across the board. So this topic of finding what is equal, IE: laws, rules & standards, will continue to float around making small adjustments here and there trying to figure out what equality really is, which includes what people's rights are or should be.

certainly there's a lot more to it than just the person standing up and saying I identify as. just saying it isn't that simple for people in that situation.
Hinky

by Skarp » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:53 pm

Hinky wrote:
Schmick wrote:All the guy has to do is say he "identifies" as a female. Then he gets a scholarship and gets to play against the girls. It's already happening in track and field. Back east.

reflecting on history
there has never been equality across the board. So this topic of finding what is equal, IE: laws, rules & standards, will continue to float around making small adjustments here and there trying to figure out what equality really is, which includes what people's rights are or should be.

certainly there's a lot more to it than just the person standing up and saying I identify as. just saying it isn't that simple for people in that situation.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I know that's just what I want: authority figures making "adjustments" to laws, rules, and standards in order to manufacture equality in an inherently unequal world. What could possibly go wrong?
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions