Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Dwindling HB Discussion Participation

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:34 pm

Do you find that discussion in the HB forums is decreasing? If so, why?

Not many parents asking for advice any more. They think they know it all now. There is some good discussion about injuries and overuse, which is bering implemented by some, but its really very little.

Early recruiting, bats, tryouts.....ho hum.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:00 pm

Damn Curmudgeons
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by stonehurler » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:14 pm

I am very new to HB. I certainly do not know it all and always ask lots of questions to people around me that have been through the process of getting a scholarship and also enjoying the process. I pay for my coaches, asst. coaches and former players that come out and share their experiences. I picked my team because of the connection to numerous colleges. I must have missed your resume.
stonehurler
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:26 am

stonehurler wrote:I am very new to HB. I certainly do not know it all and always ask lots of questions to people around me that have been through the process of getting a scholarship and also enjoying the process. I pay for my coaches, asst. coaches and former players that come out and share their experiences. I picked my team because of the connection to numerous colleges. I must have missed your resume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4d8PHDG4yE :lol:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Hinky » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:20 am

hey Sam what's your thoughts on the dwindling participation heybucket? here's a post I just wrote recently in another discussion.

this is directed to well... the few people who are doing this know who they are... Since there are so few that use the forum now.

it's your sandbox... Piss in it if you want to. Think you have had your head in the sand (in heyB) for so long you can't see the jabbing and jabbing is old. result very few posters now. While the topic may not interest you and that is all your brain can come up with( ie Jabs) . there's a new crop of softball players yearly. Hopefully try to get the newbies interested in heybucket discussions. Old news to you could be new insight to others. Notice I didn't say stop the jabs,
I said add some insight.

IMO I will say hey bucket discussions could be better and in the past there were more people that commented in the forums. But it's really turned into a self-proclaimed Troll Patrol that Jabs at people only to Swoosh them away turning your sandbox into a junk box.

Atleast Sam with your past responses, tho some brutal,
you offered some thought process and opinion.
Hinky

by jonriv » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:01 am

I when I first joined HB I thought I reached the promised land. Finally a place where there were people that where either going through or have gone through what I was experiencing It gave me insight on the recruiting process, travel ball and to navigate through the bragging and false information I seemed to come across at recruiting events.

I made the typical "rookie" mistake of posting too much and acting like I knew too much and was "flamed" by the HB veterans- especially Sam :D Many of the veterans(I guess I am one now?)are long past their daughter graduation day and their own active participation-its tougher and tougher to post

I think the answer is to get get more new blood introduced from the site and from all over the country. Many could benefit(as I did) from the shared knowledge and experiences of the members here.
jonriv

by Hinky » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:36 am

Jonriv..as you suggest get new blood from the site... How do you suggest to do that? what I have seen from the run on jab jab Jab replies, it's not a discussion and people do not want to jump in and just be a Target. I have been on heybucket many many years
Yes as you reflect when people just started here and look back there were discussions. I was part of those. then forgot my original log in & created a new username and immediately when I posted was attacked with bs are you just trolling, your a troll, bla bla troll. and then the jabs. that's how, what I'm calling the Troll Patrol, is treating people who want to try and be part of the discussion.

Add to the discussion topic
it becomes more interesting reading and invites others to chat, instead of stepping into the line of fire.
Hinky

by jonriv » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:12 am

Generally it has been my experience that the Jabs come with following

1) obvious troll

2) non troll acting like a troll

3) a poster who asks a question, does not like the answer and the proceeds to give the “right” answer

Not so sure the jabs are so bad-especially recently

You should have seen the jabs I received in the past. Especially when I brought up the thought of playing DIII and that a softball scholarship at a lousy school might not be the best thing

There are always different opinions and ideas here. If you stick by your convictions and back it with facts/data. You will always get at least some support. If you try to push opinion as fact without backup-watch out!

My suggestion to get new blood is for the Site to reach out to all TB organizations across the country
jonriv

by jonriv » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:01 am

stonehurler wrote:I am very new to HB. I certainly do not know it all and always ask lots of questions to people around me that have been through the process of getting a scholarship and also enjoying the process. I pay for my coaches, asst. coaches and former players that come out and share their experiences. I picked my team because of the connection to numerous colleges. I must have missed your resume.

Stonehurler what you have here is a collection of Dads, Moms, former players, coaches, umpires from across the country with vast amounts of experience, knowledge, pain and joy of the softball journey. It’s great that you seem to have discovered the perfect team situation, but experience says it is always good to get another opinion and/or a different perspective. What the hell, it’s free!
jonriv

by Hinky » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:12 am

jonriv wrote:Generally it has been my experience that the Jabs come with following

1) obvious troll

2) non troll acting like a troll

3) a poster who asks a question, does not like the answer and the proceeds to give the “right” answer

ie: troll patrol guidelines

Hey reminder did NOT say stop the jabs said ADD feedback while posting in discussions. if you're only jabbing and that's all you're doing then you are a troll and you do belong on the
Troll Patrol
the discussion is why is heybucket discussions dwindling. At least I gave a reason that I know does effect people and that's what people have said. don't want to get involved with it because it's just picking on eachother.
yes of course people respond to reiterate their point. they're trying to make their point in discussions here. there is no exactly the right way, nor exactly the right opinion. have some respect for the fact that an opinion or idea if different in mechanics or philosophies is part of the game and part of the differences that are part of competition and life. Trying to shut people down for having an opinion by stabbing and jabbing at them is pretty weak. not trying to stab you jonriv, trying to point out their are different philosophies and opinions and can be useful and should be accepted as part of discussion. glad to have put this out there. You all enjoy the rest of your day!
Hinky

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions