Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Player Leaving Mid Season!

What's on your mind?

by D00bie » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:28 pm

timlizy wrote:HEY L84DNR,


IT WASN'T EVEN A TEAM FUNDRAISER!!!! IT WAS A PRIVATE VENUE THAT EACH PARENT VOLUNTEERED THEIR TIME FOR!!!!! IT WASN'T YOUR FUNDRAISER TO BEGIN WITH AND YOU WERE JUST AS MUCH A VOLUNTEER AS WE WERE!!! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU DIDN'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK??? IF IT WAS A FUNDRAISER THAT THE "LR" ORGANIZED I WOULD FULLY AGREE WITH NOT GETTING OUR MONEY BACK. BUT YOU KNOW AND I KNOW IT WASN'T. DO THE RIGHT THING HERE "FB" AND JUST GIVE US THE MONEY WE ARE DUE AND LET'S MOVE ON!!!!


If it was not his fund-raiser, or the team's, a private venue, then why are you asking or expecting him to give any money back? By your own admission it wasn't "his" nor the team's and he was just as much (equal) a volunteer as you were?

If you are planning on taking him to small claims court, I wouldn't word it that way to the judge unless you are interested in losing and wasting everyone's time and if I was the OP I would copy and memorialize what he/she just wrote before he/she can edit/delete it.
User avatar
D00bie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:06 pm

by Sftbll4ever » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:28 am

timlizy wrote:HEY L84DNR,


IT WASN'T EVEN A TEAM FUNDRAISER!!!! IT WAS A PRIVATE VENUE THAT EACH PARENT VOLUNTEERED THEIR TIME FOR!!!!! IT WASN'T YOUR FUNDRAISER TO BEGIN WITH AND YOU WERE JUST AS MUCH A VOLUNTEER AS WE WERE!!! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU DIDN'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK??? IF IT WAS A FUNDRAISER THAT THE "LR" ORGANIZED I WOULD FULLY AGREE WITH NOT GETTING OUR MONEY BACK. BUT YOU KNOW AND I KNOW IT WASN'T. DO THE RIGHT THING HERE "FB" AND JUST GIVE US THE MONEY WE ARE DUE AND LET'S MOVE ON!!!!


I can put personal experiance in here. We left after states and there was no ASA play after that. We did much fundraising both as a team and as individuals. When all was said and done, I got back just what I deserved. It was explained to me the same way as others had stated. Team Fundraising was strictly for the team and individual was mine. STOP SCREAMING!!!
Sftbll4ever
 
Posts: 1842
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:27 am

by Sam » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:33 am

D00bie wrote:
Sam wrote:
If you are from around here , you should know that SoCal ASA mandates the signing of the player agreement. But you are the smrat one ...... right? You might want to take your kid back to rec ball where she has to play a minimum number of innings so you will get you money's worth. Parents do talk but they don't listen much ....... they only want to talk about how good their DD is and how she should be playing SS and batting third every game. The other parents don't want to hear it when they know that their own DD should be doing the same thing.

Feel free to come back when you know what you are talking about.


OK, so by deduction, I'll assume you haven't seen, read, or signed the player agreements I have, that in a nutshell do not guarantee anything, including your kid's spot, even for 1 month, let alone playing time.

And that (SoCal)ASA is the center of the universe.

And...more tangent non-relevent stuff about Rec ball, SS, minimum innings, and other stuff that I really have no idea what you are talking about again.

My point is, if you are gonna make me agree to something that says my daughter is not guaranteed anything, either in writing, or even verbally, if you want to run a team that way, don't be surprised if people leave mid-season either. Works both ways.

I'll throw something non-relevant in too, I like centerfold mommies. :lol:


The point is that you don't have to sign anything....you don't have to play travel....she can play rec ball and be guaranteed a minimum number of innings.

You can also sign the agreement and play travel. If you leave mid-season, don't act surprised if you are scorned or if your manager doesn't sign your agreement releasing you to your new team that you solicited against the rules you signed that you would abide by...teach your kid to be a liar and a cheat...it is your unaliable right as a parent. Just don't complain about it.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by Iluvblue » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:56 am

You can also sign the agreement and play travel. If you leave mid-season, don't act surprised if you are scorned or if your manager doesn't sign your agreement releasing you to your new team that you solicited against the rules you signed that you would abide by...teach your kid to be a liar and a cheat...it is your unaliable right as a parent. Just don't complain about it.



Once a player is redlined, a release does nothing anyway. How many kids sign these agreements expecting certain things from a coach/manager. Then after a few months they figure out that the team is unorganized, dysfunctional, or that they have been flat out lied to? But hey, you signed that agreement, so you better teach your kid to suck it up.

A Liar and a cheat? Wow Sam, sounds to me like you had this happen a few times too many to you?? NO? if not, why so angry about this issue.

You dont need player agreements if you do things the right way. If players want out, bye bye and good luck.

If you have players wanting off your team every season, or multiple players in one season, GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR. The person looking back at you is the reason people want out. Then try to figure out what you are doing wrong and make some changes.


I remember listening to a certain Gold coach around these parts telling his parents after the first tournament, " If you want out, please dont start a mutiny. Just jump ship, we will continue on without you!"

I like that quote.
Iluvblue
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:05 pm

by Phantom » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:09 am

Iluvblue wrote:A Liar and a cheat? Wow Sam, sounds to me like you had this happen a few times too many to you?? NO? if not, why so angry about this issue.



dont mind Sam, he gets angry and defensive with just about every issue, its a pattern
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.
Phantom
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:59 am

by Phantom » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:11 am

Iluvblue wrote:You dont need player agreements if you do things the right way. If players want out, bye bye and good luck.

If you have players wanting off your team every season, or multiple players in one season, GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR. The person looking back at you is the reason people want out. Then try to figure out what you are doing wrong and make some changes.



NAILED IT
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.
Phantom
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:59 am

by Sam » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:45 am

Iluvblue wrote:You can also sign the agreement and play travel. If you leave mid-season, don't act surprised if you are scorned or if your manager doesn't sign your agreement releasing you to your new team that you solicited against the rules you signed that you would abide by...teach your kid to be a liar and a cheat...it is your unaliable right as a parent. Just don't complain about it.



Once a player is redlined, a release does nothing anyway. How many kids sign these agreements expecting certain things from a coach/manager. Then after a few months they figure out that the team is unorganized, dysfunctional, or that they have been flat out lied to? But hey, you signed that agreement, so you better teach your kid to suck it up.

A Liar and a cheat? Wow Sam, sounds to me like you had this happen a few times too many to you?? NO? if not, why so angry about this issue.

You dont need player agreements if you do things the right way. If players want out, bye bye and good luck.

If you have players wanting off your team every season, or multiple players in one season, GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR. The person looking back at you is the reason people want out. Then try to figure out what you are doing wrong and make some changes.


I remember listening to a certain Gold coach around these parts telling his parents after the first tournament, " If you want out, please dont start a mutiny. Just jump ship, we will continue on without you!"

I like that quote.


Read the title of the post...it doesn't talk about leaving after redlining...it says "mid season."

The parents in SoCal and the unethical coaches caused the need for the player agreement in SoCal....it's too bad SoCal ASA refuses to enforce their terms....although they will force it over the refusal to turn in a uniform or if money is owed to the team losing the player. In a perfect world, we wouldn't need contracts or agreements for anything....the fact is that the system and its moving parts are not perfect and they break quite often.

I've never had much of a problem in this area, but I did protest to SoCal ASA over a kid leaving another team when SoCal ASA wouldn't enforce the player agreement. The player was blatantly recruited by the gaining team and helped the team qualify for ASA Nationals. It wasn't fair to the team that lost the player, nor was it fair to the teams that had to play the team that gained this player.

I'm not angry....I'm just stating the obvious. You sign an agreement stating what you will do and you CHOOSE not to do it, you are a liar and a cheat. Its pretty simple.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by Demonboy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:53 am

Phantom wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:A Liar and a cheat? Wow Sam, sounds to me like you had this happen a few times too many to you?? NO? if not, why so angry about this issue.



dont mind Sam, he gets angry and defensive with just about every issue, its a pattern


Whatever. One of the few people that actually knows what he's talking about on this board.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"


"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
User avatar
Demonboy
 
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:26 pm
Location: Hell

by Iluvblue » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:19 am

Demonboy,

Please quote me on anything that I said that was inaccurate.

Not saying Sam doesnt know what he is talking about, but I can assure you I have had a few times around the block in this game as well, both in HS and Travel. And in those times around the block, I have had VERY FEW PROBLEMS.
Iluvblue
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:05 pm

by Coach11 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Iluvblue wrote:Please quote me on anything that I said that was inaccurate.


You suggested Sam must be "angry" for calling anyone who would skip out on a contract a liar and a cheat.

What do YOU call someone who does it?
Coach11
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:56 am

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions