Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

TNL Coach Released - Mistrial Declared

What's on your mind?

by anonlooker » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Skarp wrote:
anonlooker wrote:This holds true across all fields of study, and hence knowledge (truth) constantly evolves in science, medicine, management, slap defense theory ;) , and jurisprudence.

Is that why the liberal icons in science (Rachel Carson, Paul Ehrlich, et. al) are never held to account--and in fact are still revered--when their pseudo-scientific theories (which incidentally have resulted in the death and impoverishment of countless millions) turn out to be poorly conceived, inadequately tested, and demonstrably false?

And why the peddlers of "rehabilitative" theories of punishment still hold immense sway despite the torrent of violent crime that the adoption of those theories unleashed on our streets?

And why the current crop of enviro scare mongers and profiteers will never have to answer for the nonsense they are spewing now?

Or maybe it's just that knowledge doesn't evolve so much after all.



Umm... yes??
Wait!... NO!?!?
Err... Maybe??!!

Dammit Skarp, how am I supposed to know?! :lol:

One could certainly argue that "washing" Africa with DDT would have saved millions from malaria.

One could also argue those same millions would have died from one form of cancer or another attributable to that "washing".

Or that those same millions would have been victims of the AIDS epidemic that continues to sweep The Dark Continent.

Or that Africa, being largely incapable of sustaining natural support systems for dense human populations, is screwed any way you look at it.

One could go on and argue that if there weren't so many fricking people there wouldn't be a need to deal with so many criminals, rehabilitatively or otherwise.

Not that I would argue any of the above, because I simply don't know.

I do know that knowledge has in fact evolved... now whether for better or for worse, that depends on which profiteers you choose to believe. And even that is likely to evolve with the gathering of time, age, wisdom, etc.

What magazines do you read, anyway?? :lol:

And how did you get so knowledgable?

It's like you never inhaled - not even once!!

(And don't Skarp me, dammit! I only responded because there's so little going on on here pertaining to softball!) :lol: :lol:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
User avatar
anonlooker
 
Posts: 3114
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:14 pm

by Ace » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:55 pm

So what your saying is, the slap is undefendable. Hm... maybe my slappers arent really slapping....
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:58 pm

by anonlooker » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:04 pm

Ace wrote:So what your saying is, the slap is undefendable. Hm... maybe my slappers arent really slapping....


Are we cross-pollinating threads here? :lol:

I'm inclined to believe a great slapper is extremely difficult to defend against. Pitching, as opposed to defensive alignment, may well be the key.

But given that at some point you're going to have to throw strikes, some defensive adjustments may be called for, if only for psychological reasons.

Hell, you could even have the team start doing jumping jacks in their normal defensive alignment... who could hit with that going on!! :lol: :lol:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
User avatar
anonlooker
 
Posts: 3114
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:14 pm

by Ace » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:12 pm

anonlooker wrote:
Ace wrote:So what your saying is, the slap is undefendable. Hm... maybe my slappers arent really slapping....


Are we cross-pollinating threads here? :lol:

I'm inclined to believe a great slapper is extremely difficult to defend against. Pitching, as opposed to defensive alignment, may well be the key.

But given that at some point you're going to have to throw strikes, some defensive adjustments may be called for, if only for psychological reasons.

Hell, you could even have the team start doing jumping jacks in their normal defensive alignment... who could hit with that going on!! :lol: :lol:


HAHHA! Sorry, but I couldnt understand what you and skarp were saying so I had to fall back on the single thought my mind is capable of..... :/
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:58 pm

by anonlooker » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Ace wrote:
anonlooker wrote:
Ace wrote:So what your saying is, the slap is undefendable. Hm... maybe my slappers arent really slapping....


Are we cross-pollinating threads here? :lol:

I'm inclined to believe a great slapper is extremely difficult to defend against. Pitching, as opposed to defensive alignment, may well be the key.

But given that at some point you're going to have to throw strikes, some defensive adjustments may be called for, if only for psychological reasons.

Hell, you could even have the team start doing jumping jacks in their normal defensive alignment... who could hit with that going on!! :lol: :lol:


HAHHA! Sorry, but I couldnt understand what you and skarp were saying so I had to fall back on the single thought my mind is capable of..... :/


LOL!
Your slappers are doing fine. It's just that damned inverted defense that keeps getting in the way!! The cure for that? 2.7, baby!
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
User avatar
anonlooker
 
Posts: 3114
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:14 pm

by Skarp » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Ace wrote:HAHHA! Sorry, but I couldnt understand what you and skarp were saying so I had to fall back on the single thought my mind is capable of..... :/

Neither can we--but some serious derailing seemed called for, so we took it upon ourselves. Nothing derails a thread quite like incoherent babble.

Which reminds me: time to pay homage once again to the ultimate thread-killing post. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=878&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60

Let it always remain a beacon to light our way in times of darkness (e.g., the next time catchingcoach brings up the subject of high school coaches).
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
User avatar
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:10 pm

by GDad » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:51 am

Sam wrote:
Getagrip55 wrote:The taped "STD" phonecalls (there were 2) were played in the courtroom. Guess they weren't that damaging??? It was mostly the coach saying "why are you saying that?" "stop saying that" and there is no mention of a sexual relationship.
The text was about practice, I've missed you at practice. She stopped showing up with no explanation until the nasty email she sent. Hardly unusual. As for the dinner thing, that had to do with her texting the coach constantly saying her parents were getting divorced and her life was falling apart. (Turns out she was lying about that too!) He offered to sit and talk with her as a coach and mentor. A lot of the girls go to the coaches with their problems and they care about the kids and try to help them through stuff. Apparently that's a crime now!
Sam-Ridiculous, you know nothing of which you speak.
Skarp-Pure rhetoric!



No bigger lie has ever been told on this board. It is ludicrous just on its face. What girl would go to her COACH with a problem at home??? It doesn't happen...if you have an appropriate relationship with the player. Do you know who the young lady goes to with her personal problems at home?????

ANSWER: Her Boyfriend.


My daughter went to the TNL coach on many occasions to discuss personal issues regarding school, friends, family, etc. There are many cases where high-school girls are not comfortable discussing issues with their parents, much less their boyfriend.

My wife and I were both well aware of the close relationship our daughter had - and still has even while she is now a senior in college - with the coach. If we were not comfortable and assured of his character, we would not have her involved with him or the organization.

As many parents can attest to, high-school girls go through some very challenging periods. And my daughter was no different. The coach was a great friend and mentor when she really needed someone. He has made a very positive difference in her life, and I believe in many other players as well....
GDad
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:15 pm

by FPF1234 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:15 am

Do you know who the young lady goes to with her personal problems at home?????

ANSWER: Her Boyfriend.


Wow, I didn’t catch that originally, that’s real funny. I mean my experiences certainly don’t speak for the whole country or every teen, but the kids I worked with I can tell you that you would have been very hard pressed to find any 16/17 year old boy at our school who was interested in discussing his girlfriend’s personal problems at home or any where else for that matter. Come on now, 16/17 year old boys, can be, shall we say, one track minded at that age. Discussing and actually caring about ones issues and problems was not really a strong point I found that 16/17 boys actually had on their resume. Heck, let’s be real here, I have been married for 10 years and I would rather not discuss those things with my wife, I mean, I will if I'm cornered, but it is not one of my favorite things to do..:-)....good thing I can be anonymous....
FPF1234
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:38 am

by Sam » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:19 am

GDad,

You are describing a phenomena uniquie to Mr. Falcione. Nobody else does this....in fact...we do the exact opposite. We don't allow ourselves to be alone with a player.

Why doesn't a 37 year old, good looking, athletic man have a girlfriend?
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by Sam » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:21 am

FPF1234 wrote:
Do you know who the young lady goes to with her personal problems at home?????

ANSWER: Her Boyfriend.


Wow, I didn’t catch that originally, that’s real funny. I mean my experiences certainly don’t speak for the whole country or every teen, but the kids I worked with I can tell you that you would have been very hard pressed to find any 16/17 year old boy at our school who was interested in discussing his girlfriend’s personal problems at home or any where else for that matter. Come on now, 16/17 year old boys, can be, shall we say, one track minded at that age. Discussing and actually caring about ones issues and problems was not really a strong point I found that 16/17 boys actually had on their resume. Heck, let’s be real here, I have been married for 10 years and I would rather not discuss those things with my wife, I mean, I will if I'm cornered, but it is not one of my favorite things to do..:-)....good thing I can be anonymous....


Exactly where do you believe I said the boyfriend cared about his girlfriend's personal problems or even actually listened. I said that is who she will tell....do you actually think she would tell a softball coach first????
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions