Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Realistic pitching speeds

What's on your mind?

by hotwheels » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Skarp wrote:
aojr03 wrote:Are you getting in on this too. I thought i just ended the discussion and wished him good luck. So you decide to join in and have some gigles yourself and judge my social aptitude. Well go ahead sir. Have fun. I won't get into a verbal sparring session with you. Good luck to you too.

It has nothing to do with giggles or verbal sparring. It has to do with basic levels of humility and respect.

It's one thing to come on here bragging about your kid. Obnoxious, sure, but nothing we haven't all seen a thousand times before. It's quite another to assume a condescending tone with people who know more and have done more in the sport than you ever will.

When Spaz's kid was 13 she was standing on the top step of a podium at ASA Nationals. Not the B division of an insignificant tournament somewhere in jerkwater USA. ASA Nationals. Art's kid is 14 and has D1 schools all over the country interested in her. Both are pitchers. Yet for some reason you never see Spaz or Art on here bragging about their kids. Why? Because they possess basic social skills (and know that if they did they'd get smacked down as insufferable jagoffs, just like you did).

This board is littered with posters whose kids are legitimate superstars in college or the elite travelball levels. Nobody here (except 2fat apparently, but consider the source) is impressed with the exploits of your kid. Happy for her, sure--because she is a softball player and we tend to like those around these parts--but not impressed, and certainly not interested in hearing all about her achievements...at least not from her dad. Any idea how tedious this board would be if everyone posted that kind of crap?

If your kid is really that good, then outstanding for you...and especially for her. But do yourself a favor and take a page out of the book of your betters on here. Show a little humility.

Or look like an idiot. Your choice.

Awesome post.....What a topic..... :P :P
hotwheels

by aojr03 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:34 pm

Skarp wrote:
aojr03 wrote:Maybe so. Maybe it would change my outlook. My intention wasn't to brag and if thats what it looked like, then it was in bad judgment. I ran with it because i thought it was a all fun and games. I meant no disrespect to anyone. I'm not sure if you are coaches/parents/organization leaders, etc.. but I dont want to be pegged as one of "those" parents, because I'm not. I teach my dd humility and I should lead by example. In this case I guess I didn't.

Very well said sir. Welcome to the Bucket.

Thanks,,, i think. lol
aojr03

by Skarp » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:01 pm

aojr03 wrote:
Skarp wrote:
aojr03 wrote:Maybe so. Maybe it would change my outlook. My intention wasn't to brag and if thats what it looked like, then it was in bad judgment. I ran with it because i thought it was a all fun and games. I meant no disrespect to anyone. I'm not sure if you are coaches/parents/organization leaders, etc.. but I dont want to be pegged as one of "those" parents, because I'm not. I teach my dd humility and I should lead by example. In this case I guess I didn't.

Thanks,,, i think. lol

Hey, I have a natural affinity for anyone with the character to stop and publicly extract his own foot from his mouth. Because God knows I've had to do it enough times myself....
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jofus » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Skarp wrote:When Spaz's kid was 13 she was standing on the top step of a podium at ASA Nationals. Not the B division of an insignificant tournament somewhere in jerkwater USA. ASA Nationals. Art's kid is 14 and has D1 schools all over the country interested in her. Both are pitchers. Yet for some reason you never see Spaz or Art on here bragging about their kids. Why? Because they possess basic social skills (and know that if they did they'd get smacked down as insufferable jagoffs, just like you did).

I hope to someday have the opportunity to not talk about the things that posters like that don't talk about :)
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by nohesitation » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Skarp wrote:

You have just been welcomed by the voice of haybucket. He says what most of us here are thinking, but are unable to put in cohesion able fashion. The jury is still out on you, but you have hope. You sill don’t get it if you think anybody was disrespected. On the plus side you’ve been both stung and welcomed by Skarp, knell and bow and consider yourself honored.
“I have been loving you too long to stop now.” Otis Redding
nohesitation

by absdad » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:23 pm

jofus wrote:
Skarp wrote:When Spaz's kid was 13 she was standing on the top step of a podium at ASA Nationals. Not the B division of an insignificant tournament somewhere in jerkwater USA. ASA Nationals. Art's kid is 14 and has D1 schools all over the country interested in her. Both are pitchers. Yet for some reason you never see Spaz or Art on here bragging about their kids. Why? Because they possess basic social skills (and know that if they did they'd get smacked down as insufferable jagoffs, just like you did).

I hope to someday have the opportunity to not talk about the things that posters like that don't talk about :)

That makes a couple hundred of us. :lol:
absdad

by anonlooker » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Skarp wrote:
aojr03 wrote:
Skarp wrote:

Thanks,,, i think. lol

Hey, I have a natural affinity for anyone with the character to stop and publicly extract his own foot from his mouth. Because God knows I've had to do it enough times myself....

LOL When?! :lol:
Methinks you're taking this humility thing too far. ;)
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by aojr03 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:43 pm

absdad wrote:
jofus wrote:

You can add me to that list now too.
I feel like the idol contestant that barely got thru and has to come up big in hollywood. :?
aojr03

by anonlooker » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:54 pm

aojr03 wrote:
absdad wrote:
jofus wrote:

You can add me to that list now too.
I feel like the idol contestant that barely got thru and has to come up big in hollywood. :?

Well now, that's really humble... while tens of thousands are left behind in tears, Senor Humility breezes through to Hollywood! Haha.

Which judge cast that vote?
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Skarp » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:59 pm

anonlooker wrote:LOL When?! :lol:
Methinks you're taking this humility thing too far. ;)

Hey, when I'm wrong I admit it. I'm just so rarely wrong is all.

But good luck finding anyone on here who has been smacked down as an insufferable jagoff more times than me. It's a record I'm quite proud of, actually...
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions