Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The Next Level Update/Coach accused of Sex Crime

What's on your mind?

by wadeintothem » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:18 pm

Sam wrote:This is what happens when parents pay coaches...everybody in the game knew his organization was a joke from day one...just a way to make him some money...and we all laugh at the parents who are willing to pay to the organization for the privelege of getting instruction you could get virtually anywhere for free.

That is fairly interesting and something I did not know.

Facione has this case and there was another instance in which charges were not filed. I wonder how many girls he's really abused.

I love the legal game and will be watching this case with much interest (not that I have any hope any level of real justice will be dealt); it will even be interesting to watch TNL's 3 card monte game.

But you must keep it in legal perspective. The legal reality is: if you stole facione's golf clubs, you would be facing about the same amount of time as a maximum penalty as what he is charged with.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by melsdad » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:20 pm

[quote="Sam"]IP,

Are you saying that TNL folks were not at the arraignment wearing their TNL gear, as reported? I'm asking the question because I truly don't know.

Heres the thing...because of Falcione's actions....because he even placed himself in a situation that he can be accused of this act, he has tainted the organization....forever.

Every TNL coach will now be looked at with a jaundiced eye by parents and other coaches. The excellent players TNL once had knocking at their door, will now move on to clean organizations....Renegades, Breakers, Power Surge, Thunder, et al.

Falcione has, in effect, killed your organization. That is why, after listening to all the lilly livered attornies, the TNL board should have made the statement that they won't stand for this behavior and kicked Falcione out....period. If he pleads to a lesser charge..you win. If he is found not guilty...but evidence comes out in court that shows an inappropriate relationship with the player....you win. If he is found guilty...you win. If you base your legal opinion on the 1/10th of one percent chance that the kid is lying and the DA is charging him with no evidence...you, as an organization, are a fool.

Your players might stay around for a while...but this case will be in the news for likely 2 years prior to even going to trial....you will continue to leak players to the clean organizations and TNL will no longer exist....I give them 3 years.[/quote

Sam, so what you are saying is, if a school teacher is accused of something like this ( guilty or not ) he or she should never go back to teaching and any teacher in that school will be looked at as the same and never to be trusted now I guess all the teachers should quit and all the kids in the school transfer to other schools that would love to have them just so that school no longer exists????
melsdad

by melsdad » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:29 pm

Judd wrote:SBJ, like my daughter would say, build a bridge and get over it.

Not to take the situation lightly but enough is enough. Its pretty clear your only goal is to bad mouth TNL until everyone agrees with you. Guess what? Thats not going to happen

Judd, I think SBJ has a horse in this race.
melsdad

by Judd » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:32 am

melsdad wrote:
Judd wrote:SBJ, like my daughter would say, build a bridge and get over it.

Not to take the situation lightly but enough is enough. Its pretty clear your only goal is to bad mouth TNL until everyone agrees with you. Guess what? Thats not going to happen

Judd, I think SBJ has a horse in this race.

Ya think? And hes not going to stop beating it until the horse is long past dead
Judd

by Blind Squirrel » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:36 am

Caution: Not well thought out, rambling opinions ahead from one who doesn't even remember if I've ever seen a team in this particular organization:

I don't agree with the notion that any of the teams/coaches/board members in this org should wear some sort of cosmic scarlet letter on their uniforms/shirts. Unless they knew of inappropriate behavior and let it go, they are no more responsible for this guys actions than any person who works at a company where the CEO is suddenly arrested for this type of crime. In such a case would it be appropriate for the entire company's image to be tarnished? As a person who happened to be employed there, should your reputation be affected? I think not. You don't like the board's way of handling it? The guy is gone isn't he. What else truly matters? What words the board uses? Is their choice of words going to affect any of the girls on the teams? I don't see how. Would what one individual did affect my decision on whether my daughter plays for them? Only if he still coached for them. I believe a few years back a coach of the SD Surf soccer club (PLEASE correct me if wrong) was convicted of a similar charge, did time and after being released, resumed training sessions with kids. My kid would certainly not be taking lessons from him under any circumstances.

A study was done a few years ago by a think tank that found that there have been convicted pedophiles in every religion it looked at, which was more than a few. If a pastor/priest/whatever of your church was found to have inappropriately touched a kid and is removed from the church, do you stop going to that church? Plenty of folks at public and, oh say it isn't so, private schools, have been convicted of improper contact with a student and been removed. Do you immediately yank your kid out of that school or insist that your kid never goes there? Really? I guess you're left with home schooling because there is surely no way to guarantee it hasn't happened at whatever school they are attending. Oh wait. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't most kids molested by a relative, sometimes by dear old Dad. Wow. I guess we're left having our daughters raised solely by mothers and never leaving home.

The bottom line, to me, is this: Pedophiles exist in every occupation, in schools, in churches, everywhere. It is a fact. Fortunately, these folks are abberations. They are not the norm. But there are plenty of them and there are usually not obvious signs of their interests. The most you can reasonably do is take steps to minimize your kid's vulnerability while not going friggin overboard. Tell your kid not to go to a coaches hotel room alone. Duh. And I don't believe that unknowing people/organizations that are around these folks should suffer merely by association. That simply makes no sense to me.

Fire away. I eagerly anticipate further discussion, as I'm sure I just wrote crap I myself might disagree with or would have phrased differently had I given it more thought.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:00 pm

Melsdad,

Don't be stupid. You are talking apples and oranges. The teachers have a union and a collective bargaining agreement which spells out their discipinary action procedures. The administration has no choice but to follow the CBA.

TNL has a choice and they picked the wrong one and they will kill their organization.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:09 pm

BS,

The organization is effectively supporting the accused. The guy is not gone, he is suspended. He is also the guy that FOUNDED the organization and actively took/takes money from the parents of the players that choose to play for him. The mere fact that the board won't eject him from the organization reflects that the board members are puppets....manipulated by the accused. Either that or they are afraid the organization will be sued....but so what. Even if he wins....how much money does TNL have? My guess is that he would get nothing since the organization would spend what they had in legal fees. How would the founder of the organization ever think about suing that organization and taking all that money from the players who paid his salary? Oh wait....he wouldn't think twice about it.....he'd do it in a heartbeat. It was easy for the TNL board to do the right thing and they chose to do something moronic.

All coaches are effected by this guy's actions. Like it or not thats the way it is...
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by wadeintothem » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:20 pm

Well at this point, the implication is that he could come back to coach for TNL.

Say this girl decides to back out, which is very possible, and charges get dropped... well he would presumably be reinstated and back with their girls.

Despite the fact this is the 2nd time he has been accused.

If the prelim goes, we'll see what TNL does.. since this will be the first time testimony about what really happened will be public record. We'll also have an idea as the to future of this case. If the girl can get through testifying at that, maybe the People will have a chance.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by melsdad » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:31 pm

Sam wrote:Melsdad,

Don't be stupid. You are talking apples and oranges. The teachers have a union and a collective bargaining agreement which spells out their discipinary action procedures. The administration has no choice but to follow the CBA.

TNL has a choice and they picked the wrong one and they will kill their organization.

Dont be stupid ?? I think you got that covered Sam if thats how your looking at this.
melsdad

by lakers32 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:08 pm

:?: Just got back from some 12u friendlies and noticed that the #1 pitcher from TNL is now the #1 for SD Renegades. Don't know if this situation caused her parents to jump ship? To add a twist to this, I was also told that SD Renegades #1 is now TNL's new #1. Quess some people will be affected by this and others won't. Who knows what will happen to TNL?
lakers32

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions